test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon Enchantments for OP in Mod 11

slappdanielslappdaniel Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Hey,

just wanted to see if someone already thought about the "new" Weapon Enchantments in Mod 11 and what might be good to use. I tested a bit myself but i would appreciate some input on what other people found out so far from testing.

Greetings
Draco

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    By new I assume you mean the adjusted old ones?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • slappdanielslappdaniel Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

By new I assume you mean the adjusted old ones?

yeah
    Cool, yeah no sorry, I'm on XBox :D;)

• nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    That being said, What have you found to be the best choices going into mod 11 @slappdaniel I am also on Xbox and would very much like to hear a PC players perspective on the changes to the weapon enchantments, being as how we don't have access to preview on consoles. I am currently running transcendent Feytouched and it works well with my particular build. I would however like to know if any of the others are worth a look.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am planning to stick with the Dread, it does well adding temp health to Templar's Wrath for tanking big bosses.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    My understanding is that the developers did not intend for the buffed enchants to surpass Vorpal and Dread, but these developers are infamous for their unintended consequences. The one I seem to hear the most buzz about is lightning.
    I have a T. Lightning so I'm really interested in seeing how it turns out. I'm also interested in Feytouched.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I'm personally going to stick with my T. Feytouched.

It buffs your DPS (and as a side result: your survivability) and it debuffs enemies damage: a great general purpose enchant for a Tankadin.

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    null
    If you are on PC, we should so some runs together. I have a trans feytouched that I would let you test if I could test out your trans lightning. I love the trans feytouched, but I got it when I was running as a ProtOP. I have respeced as a Stealadin, and I am wondering if lightning might be the way to go now.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It all depends on if you are a healer or debuffer..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Update your client with the latest preview version. Copy you character over, log in, head to protector's enclave and take all the enchantments available for testing ( Wondrous Bazaar). Test, decide :smile:
  • volkihar#6493 volkihar Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Plague Fire or Frost are good for a ProtOP? Lightning and Feytouched are too expensive to me now.
    PF reduces enemy defence so it'll speed up killing a boss, Frost doesn't really do much that's helpful to our class imo.

Plague Fire or Frost are good for a ProtOP? Lightning and Feytouched are too expensive to me now.

armadeonx said:

PF reduces enemy defence so it'll speed up killing a boss, Frost doesn't really do much that's helpful to our class imo.

Frost is pretty good, has the best damage increasing debuff of any weapon enchant. It also debuffs enemy damage by 10% (last I checked Michela's other debuff sheet), so it's a great team support enchant. Just remember the uptime... is ... "just" okay.

Plaguefire is similar, with a great damage increasing debuff. It also has a random 2% damage debuff on enemies. Plaguefire is pretty good, although I've never checked how easy it is for OPs to maintain stacks.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Frost->Plague->Terror in this order, if you will run with slower groups i would go with plague as the long term debuff is more valuable, but if you like the disable from frost...why not? They are all good, but depending on the situation, if you are not sure, follow waywardwizard sugestion and try them on preview or borrow from a friend in live server.

• sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'm currently using Lightning, but that is because I personally think it helps hold aggro better on Trash. Since I'm "touching" mobs more often, I also "feel" like I'm having Echo proc more often. I'm unsure what would be the best method to test this, but I believe Dealth Slaad Active Companion power also promotes Echo Procs. SO it could be some mechanic at play here.

That said, I would think that Trans Fey is still likely best overall investment by a Tank (OP or GF)

Generally I would be looking to the Buff/Debuff DC for Plague, Frost, or Terror debuffing.

I switched my OP back to Tank... as I don't feel Healdin is going to get the love it deserves till AA nerf goes live. As I envision you might start to see some groups with more DPS focused Buff/Debuff DC's (Less Recovery AA Spam focused) with Healdin taking more of the healing/group damage mitigation role.... we shall see...

I need to farm FBI armor on him, so I figure I'll have best luck with that as a tank.

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    I'm planning on switching my T. Lightning to a T. Feytouched but the difference in price is very high. I do suspect that the prices will get closer once the update drops but I have been wrong before lol :D

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    What about for the healadin? What are the PC people finding to be the go-to for healadins?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

What about for the healadin? What are the PC people finding to be the go-to for healadins?

Trans Feytouched is nice; it does a nice job of debuff mob damage and buffing your own damage.
    rubytrue said:

ravenskya said:

Trans Feytouched is nice; it does a nice job of debuff mob damage and buffing your own damage.
    Plus Fey Improves Burning and Warmth Damage.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    sadus671 said:

rubytrue said:

ravenskya said:

It does? I thought those amounts were fixed....
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    sadus671 said:

rubytrue said:

ravenskya said:

Last time I checked Fey on Dev, it procs only from 4 encounters - Smite, TW, DT and RA. Not sure if that changed or maybe on Trans it procs differently.
    rubytrue said:

sadus671 said:

rubytrue said:

ravenskya said:

It does? I thought those amounts were fixed....
    I've not verified it recently, but check out Sharpedge's DevOP guide on mmominds

It's from Mod8, but I've not heard it was changed.

sadus671 said:

rubytrue said:

ravenskya said:

Last time I checked Fey on Dev, it procs only from 4 encounters - Smite, TW, DT and RA. Not sure if that changed or maybe on Trans it procs differently.
    I'm referring to Fey Touch effecting Burning and Warmth after you've obtained the buff.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User

Frost->Plague->Terror in this order, if you will run with slower groups i would go with plague as the long term debuff is more valuable, but if you like the disable from frost...why not? They are all good, but depending on the situation, if you are not sure, follow waywardwizard sugestion and try them on preview or borrow from a friend in live server.

I am using Trans PF, I swapped with DC friend for Trans Frost to test it on Prot. What I don't get is how exactly debuff from Frost works, the up time on DR/def and damage debuff. I understand the numbers are 10% (7% Mod 10.5) DR debuff and 10% (not sure the value on Mod 10.5) damage debuff, I'm on PS4 so still 10.5. And if it'd be better to run OP with Frost and DC with PF or otherwise. And which is better, PF or Frost on OP if there's no other person who uses the other enchant.
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    i still use T.Fey the numbers on act for my at wills with Purifying Fire is huge, i tried the lightning on preview server for cool down reduction but i think it is really minimum given pc's current pricing for lightning

that is when we got judge already doing that with 5% faster regen to it - so in my opinion it is about playstyle

keep in mind i am talking about Paladin Oath of Protection

on the contrary >> does any one have a link to Stealdin build i am interested in testing that ?
    Post edited by ryonas on
    I've just switched to T.Fey from T.Lightning and I have to say I'm loving it. The fact Lightning has jumped in price on the XBox AH meant I could sell one and buy the other and be 600k better off but there's a noticeable jump in both DPS and survivability.

I do notice the loss of cooldown reduction but it's not severe and I think it's offset by reducing incoming damage.

I also have 2 greater lightnings, one is fully refined so I'll be making another T. Lightning at the next 2xRP event but I'll be testing it more on my CW I think.

I have been running trans fey since I created my pally after the class was first introduced and have always liked it, switched to lightning for a couple of weeks and definitely noticed the difference and immediately switched back to fey, has anyone here tested Holy Avenger? You would think it would be the quintessential enchantment for the OP class. 20% dmg resistance and healing for all party members seems pretty darn good, also does it proc burning guidance and healing warmth? Any input fro PC players since the scaling buff would be most appreciated before I make a multi million ad mistake..... lol

I have been running trans fey since I created my pally after the class was first introduced and have always liked it, switched to lightning for a couple of weeks and definitely noticed the difference and immediately switched back to fey, has anyone here tested Holy Avenger? You would think it would be the quintessential enchantment for the OP class. 20% dmg resistance and healing for all party members seems pretty darn good, also does it proc burning guidance and healing warmth? Any input fro PC players since the scaling buff would be most appreciated before I make a multi million ad mistake..... lol

Holy Avenger offers little use to the Paladin. It's biggest claim to fame is that it looks awesome has one of the best scaling elemental damage (the part which says "(x)% of weapon damage as (y) damage), as well as currently being subject to a weird damage bug on PC. (Sharpie has the details in a bug report on Preview Server forums.)

... Paladins aren't known for top-tier damage, and the bug is likely to be fixed soon (tm), so don't count on it for loltemplarstemphp.

The DR buff is pretty useless on a Paladin. Tankadin can put teammates at the DR cap with smart use of abilities. In addition, the DR buff will barely make a difference, as it barely counters mob ArmorPen (leaves your team with a net +5% DR benefit) and isn't up 24/7, which means you may not have it when you need it most.

Thank you for this information @rjc9000
    You just saved me a lot of AD. Unfortunately us console players don't have access to preview and the only way to test enchantments is to craft one or buy it... I personally want to thank all of the PC players for sharing your knowledge and experience with console players. I think I will stick with my Trans Fey. It's a real shame on Holy Avenger.... it is iconic in DnD lore for Paladins.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

it looks awesome has one of the best scaling elemental damage...
    @rjc9000 what is this elemental damage you speak of?
This discussion has been closed.