test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DC buffer using AA in companion

Hi,

Im DC buffer and I was noticed that when I use AA if my companion is buffed too I got more power. So now before to use AA first I wait to my companion proc then I use AA near to my companion.

Well my question is if for that is better to have a mele companion than a ranged companion cause for my it is more easy get buffed me and my companion. Also sometime with ranged companion cant see where is my companion.

What do you think? Thx

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Are you are 30K power? If not, Hallow Ground is a better daily to use. AA does provide a nice buff but the bonus from Hallow Ground is superior to AA if your power is under 30K. I remember someone doing some testing on this.

I keep both and I use Hallow Ground over AA. I do use AA in demo when it tells me, time to go the well for protection, it protect the players from dying. Other times I use AA, is when I'm at 25% health or in eLOL when playing with a DPS that just wants to stand in the red. I am about to go DO just to drop AA because DPS players are relying on DC AC AA way to much these days.

• Options
    zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I wish more DCs would use hallowed ground it buffs all kinds of things from my understanding.
  • Options
    xmendes#9182 xmendes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i think anoited army better for cn and other dgs.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    zeplin055 said:

I wish more DCs would use hallowed ground it buffs all kinds of things from my understanding.

I use AA or Hallow Ground, it all depends on the situation. Many adds around the tank and GWF, I slide in hit AA and slide out.

In PoM I use Hallow Ground in the center where it hits about 40% of the map to process increase in stats for more players or I use AA if I am near an enemy and red comes around me and I have no escape because I am holding threat for some weird reason.

I went DO, modify my gear, artifact, etc...I stayed DO for exactly 1 day. After 5 runs of various content I swapped right back to AC. First off, I don't like the At Will of the DO, did not like the personals and simply did not see enough change in my damage to justify being a DO over an AC. The AC you provide your group with a buff based on your power.

What I did see in damage increase I would say around 5% if that. The biggest gain I saw in my damage was in a DEMO run with a AC DC and that is where my damage jumped up but I felt that my character had lesser value to the group due to me not having as many group buffs. By the way, may damage was still only around 75% of a GWF sharing similar gear and stats. This meant that even a well thought out DC DO damage dealer you are producing about 25% less damage than a true striker.

I went back to my original build and equipped my original gear. All is good now.

I hate to say this to any one who wants to play as a DPS but certain classes are just better at it.

CW, SW, HR, TR, and GWF.

• Options
    umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Based on the testing AA is better once you get to about 18K base power. However, since AA doesn't stack with another, when there are 2 or more DC's, one uses AA, the other HG and that provides a much bigger buff.

To know your base power, open character sheet, highlight "Power". It shows you Modified By: Items, Buffs, Features.

Base Power = Items + Features (roughly).. there is more to it, but for the most part that is the number you want to increase, cause this is what counts towards power sharing...

As for your companion, you get more power when you use AA before the companion procs their bonding....

Finally, if you are an AC Righteous Buff/debuff DC, then you technically should be using the Sellsword or the Con Artist as your summoned companion, and both are melee.

EDIT:
    Keep in mind, that while most players (the non-DC crowd) want AA for the damage mitigation, the primary use of it is the damage boost. It shares 50% of your base power, on top of Battle Fervor 15% (Virtuous feat) and weapons of light 10% (Righteous feat).. so a total of 75%.

To put it in perspective, a player with a legendary companion and R12 bondings gets from you 3x your Base Power. so at 20K base for example, you are giving them 60K power... that's a lot more than the flat 35% damage boost from HG.