test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rates post Key change

This is my feedback. The drop rates are still abysmal.

That being said, no Cryptic, I wont be spending money on zen keys. I do hope you guys try better next time you want to make me pay you some money.

Comments

• ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    There doesn't seem to be any improvement in the drop rates but there are some new "prizes" in the chests. For example companions, etc. that are now showing up. But as for Throne of the Dwarven Gods I've seen nothing but lousy drops and even lousier chest rewards. I can't tell you the number of times my drop was a +3 ring and the "prize" in the chest was +1. Or my all-time "favorite" of a perfect gold run giving me two freaking Ring of Sieging +1. Wow, there's a couple of thousand AD I could've gotten from almost anything else without waiting 20 hours for a key.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I have seen ZERO improvement on the main chests that are being opened. On the optional chests I have seen like a rank 8 or the occasional +3 rings. Mostly the contents match exactly what was in the first chest with maybe the +1/+2 ring being of a different name.

So basically what they are doing is giving you the same HAMSTER RNG on the chests you get keys for pretty easily. Its the OTHER chests (allegedly) that have "Slightly" better RNG. These keys can be purchased or take a day to make:

Legendary Dragon Key purchased from the Zen Market at a cost of 300 Zen for 5 keys.

It can be used to unlock:

A Mystic Dragon chest in the Shores of Tuern skirmish instead of using a [Mystic Dragon Key]
    An Arcane Dragon chest in the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon instead of using an [Arcane Dragon Key]
    A Dragon Queen's chest in the Temple of Tiamat raid instead of using a [Dragon Queen's Key]
    Chests in the Underdark campaign and areas instead of using a [Greater Demonic Key] or [Lesser Demonic Key]
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    hudman21 said:

I have seen ZERO improvement on the main chests that are being opened. On the optional chests I have seen like a rank 8 or the occasional +3 rings. Mostly the contents match exactly what was in the first chest with maybe the +1/+2 ring being of a different name.

So basically what they are doing is giving you the same HAMSTER RNG on the chests you get keys for pretty easily. Its the OTHER chests (allegedly) that have "Slightly" better RNG. These keys can be purchased or take a day to make:

Legendary Dragon Key purchased from the Zen Market at a cost of 300 Zen for 5 keys.

It can be used to unlock:

A Mystic Dragon chest in the Shores of Tuern skirmish instead of using a [Mystic Dragon Key]
    An Arcane Dragon chest in the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon instead of using an [Arcane Dragon Key]
    A Dragon Queen's chest in the Temple of Tiamat raid instead of using a [Dragon Queen's Key]
    Chests in the Underdark campaign and areas instead of using a [Greater Demonic Key] or [Lesser Demonic Key]

The only campaign chest with a significantly better loot table is the one in CN. The campaign chests in T1s just add a few more junk RP items. The chests in FBI can both drop r8s and the only real difference is that the campaign chest can drop unrestored relic armor.
    I8r4ux9.jpg