test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please fix the Lockbock drop rate

2»

Comments

• neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I'm gonna be honest with you, i think the lockboxes are fine.

In the 2100 hours or so i've played this game (xbox app tells you) I've gotten three legendaries, a legendary tool, and 13 epic drops from lockboxes.

In that same 2100 hour period, and all the dungeons i've run, i've gotten:
    1 ring of rising power 5
    1 ring of cowardice 5
    1 ring of blod orange on my trickster
    1 ring of orcus 5
    1 wild hunt rider
    1 lantern green
    2 waters green
    1 guard drake mount bound i already owned
    1 bound heart green dragon
    1 axebeak bound
    1 laughing skull bound
    2 lostmouth horns
    3 lostmouth necks
    2 lostmouth belts

And that's it. Over 87 full days played and I can list every single drop I've gotten.

To me, seems about even rng. 17 on the lockboxes/19 on the dungeons. Once every 58 hours really, chances are I will get something somewhere. Depressing isn't it?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    If they are guaranteed to pay for themselves, there'd never be a need to buy more than one.
    Obviously you'd need to buy a few, or you'd be waiting for ages to get the AD back.

There has to be a rule of diminishing return, with a chance of a substantial payout.

Everyone who gambles knows that the odds are against them. If you were guaranteed to always win your stake back they may as well just give you the top prize cos there's nothing but time to prevent you from playing the same bet over and over and over and over again till you do win.

Losing hundreds, even thousands, of small bets in the hope of winning big and eventually realising that all those small bets add up to thousands of dollars is the first stage of gamblers remorse.

Stage two is "oh HAMSTER... I'm broke...."

Stage three is... "it's rigged"

• omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    missdayum said:

L O L talking about lockbox drop rate change, this EYEDOL dude just won 3 AXE BEAKS and 1 ARMORED AXE BEAK within 10 freaking minutes. Yes 10 minutes. I turned off the entire chat to see it better. 2 regular beaks, 1 legendary and again 1 regular, in that order....BS!

GT: Know1leftalive

That sounds more like some type of glitch in the reporting system.
  • larrylowlife83larrylowlife83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    missdayum said:

L O L talking about lockbox drop rate change, this EYEDOL dude just won 3 AXE BEAKS and 1 ARMORED AXE BEAK within 10 freaking minutes. Yes 10 minutes. I turned off the entire chat to see it better. 2 regular beaks, 1 legendary and again 1 regular, in that order....BS!

GT: Know1leftalive

I was in a Guild with Eyedol and have spoken to him about it. Eyedol opens up hundreds of Howling Hatred boxes at a time every week. The artifacts and Axe Beaks he gets from them supports him purchasing more lockboxes. He's sitting on 10's of millions of AD. He spends almost all his time playing the game on the trade house. It's his game within the game.