test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crit chance: how to go higher?

twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
edited February 2017 in The Thieves' Den
So, I'm currently running a variant of Sunny's build (changed a few things I prefer myself, but it's mostly the same).

My crit sits at about 14,740 unbuffed and my crit chance is 67%. I want to get my crit chance higher if I can, but I'm not sure where to get it from.

Currently running 3 r12 brutals, 4 r12 azures in every offense slot on myself. I'm working on upgrading my companion gear slots with azures (offense slots already have bonding rank 12).

So where can I get more crit chance from? Stuck on where to get it from, and can't decide what to move around. Any advice would be appreciated :). I do pop potions before fighting (squash soup and the like), but I want it a bit more permanent than a potion.

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Companion it is. Avenger gear/ ostorian Dod rings/Elemental Alliance assault rings + Brutals or Azures in companion offense slots, depending how much crit you want.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Armour kits, boons, mount insignias, artifacts
  • twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    null
    Guess companion is the way to go then :) ty!

null
    I'll have to check out what i've got for my artis then, been awhile since ive switched them up. Everything else i'm hesitant to change, since i used the armor kits as my stat filler for armpen, and mount bonuses i've got set up for damage. I shall certainly check however :)

Thank you both!
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I make up most of mine with sudden and rising rings and the companion stats...depending on where I am going....you can also get a mount that offers additional crit and don't forget the insignia's of skill
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    I'm hesitant to use the rings on any companion. A guildie of mine checked out preview server and said that the rings will no longer work when Mod 11 hits (and I trust anything he says, he's just that type of guy). Currently using a good ol' purple shadow demon with full r12 bondings and loyal avenger gear (got super lucky before SCA left, soooo happy i kept 'em).

Which stinks, cause that'd be an awesome way to build crit for me on my fire archon, but no point now :/
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User

I'm hesitant to use the rings on any companion. A guildie of mine checked out preview server and said that the rings will no longer work when Mod 11 hits (and I trust anything he says, he's just that type of guy). Currently using a good ol' purple shadow demon with full r12 bondings and loyal avenger gear (got super lucky before SCA left, soooo happy i kept 'em).

Which stinks, cause that'd be an awesome way to build crit for me on my fire archon, but no point now :/

Underdark rings(rising and sudden) wont work on companion once mod11 comes as it seems, other rings are fine, Sudden rings(Brutality) were just too powerfull.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Bonding stones + companion is always the answer on "how to boost higher?". As others have so eloquently stated in various posts, "to hell with gear score". Bonding stones > all.

The underdark rings were great, but as Blur mentioned, they'll stop working as of mod11.
    Most of the uber stat folk running around have (or rather, *had*) access to Rings/Talisman/whatever of the Loyal Avenger. +652 crit/power, and +435 Arpen was awesome. And most of the good companions had 2 ring slots + 1 other, so that's +1956 to crit/power and +1305 Arpen. Throw in legendary companion and 3 x max rank bondings (for 300% bonus), and suddenly that's a crazy amount of crit/power/arpen, without even counting enchantments which would further grossly inflate those numbers.

If that jewelry isn't an option, I'd try for jewelcrafted 2-slot rings - they're not quite as good, but they're pretty close.
    And who knows what mod11 will bring. Lightfoot thief is making a comeback (previously a Gateway reward), so we may eventually see the loyal avenger stuff again.

• stachu0jons#2959 stachu0jons Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Some people say min value is 85% crit chance at end-game
    B)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    If no-one's said it yet rage drake mount has 2000crit.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

Use the rising precision and sudden precision on yourself. I only really get power lifesteal and recovery from my companion and keep the primary stats on my character. I think I start around 56% crit chance and hit 98% in combat which is just about perfect in my opinion.

There are a couple feats/passive powers you might have skipped and there is at least one boon where we are forced to choose between crit and power, over all I think there are 4 crit strike boons.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies