test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Profession/ Crafting - Fashion Items (Fashionista/ Costumier)

spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
I know we can craft shirts/ pants at level 25 and also jewellery items and dye packs. And also there are fashion items available in the zen store and in game through events. So why do we need fashion crafting?

Well I'm bored with a lot of the stuff I can make for starters. And I was thinking that we have so much stuff in our professions tab which often just sits there for eternity. I would love to make unique items for my toons, my companions and my mounts. These would not give me stat bonuses so it may not been seen as very important to most but I do think people like to be individual - often times we all have the same gear / same build to be BIS, so it would be nice if we could make our fashion different and unique. It could be good for guilds too. They could make a guild logo patch for example, with specific guild colours and a unique guild design, which could be put on flags in their stronghold or worn by guild officers.

I know there will be new companion gear to make in the new mod - rings, belts etc. What I would like to see is new fashion clothing that we could craft. If necessary it could only be unlocked once you hit 25 on another profession like leatherworking. And, cryptic would probably want a profession pack purchase - designer, couture seamstress, platinum needle, honeycomb loom, heritage weaver, protectors furrier, arcane saddler, epic dye packs, so on. And it could also incorporate rare items that you can only acquire through in game events.

But I would like some freedom back in the game I feel I am chained to running dailies to get campaign currency to run more dailies. I have to wait to till my keys are crafted to run Demo (which I used to love running) I have no love or desire for mod 10 but I am forcing myself to do it. But if I could use my lanolin to craft a fashionable outfit for my toon, or my dubbin and permafrost shard for a saddle for my mount, I might spend more time / some zen to do so - I am probably never going to get relic weapons as the grind is too much so instead of selling them off cheap I would like to reuse them . I could make, for example, a black eyepatch with a skull on for my yeti companion (I could craft it from black squid ink from fishing, with spider silver thread from eTOs and the skull logo from an eDemo drop, using my epic Accessory master). I know more grind but it would be worth it to me.

Anyway it's just an idea. I need something new and different to make and do. At the moment the grind is killing my love for the game. Bringing back a bit of creativity might help.......

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Clever idea.
    I hardly bother with professions anymore since they killed the gateway and power-creeped 95% of the craftable items into insignificance.
    I have to force myself to renew the very few valuable professions... monotonous and boring. Not fun.
    Your idea is at least fun. If crafted fashion items are BoP it will have no effect on the economy... except for ingredients, of course. Only bot barriers (Captcha) on farming zones will stop that.
    Thumbs up for a creative positive suggestion.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.