test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best way to Farm Treasure Maps, rewards listed.

ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Guides
(May be a bit out dated when it comes to the AD front, but that always changes.)
Tiny Treasure Guide

Personally when I fish this is what I do, I tend to skip I, II, III Roman Numerals fish by moving my boat so I can cast again a lot quicker, now I personally used to take IV, V, and -. Due to Elk Tribe Rep, only taking the Rare and Epic Fish it saves a lot on Inventory space. If you have all your items needed to restore your weapons, and rp also just take the - when it pops up and move your ship when anything else appears, and that'll be the fastest way to Farm the maps themselves other than straight up buying them from the AH though I would still recommend taking the IV since some of those guttable fish sell for about 4-15k AD. :3

Con it does waste a lot of Bait that you have, but shouldn't be much of an issue simply due to the amount of bait you'll be getting from the Maps rewards, plus once you unlock all the price reducing tasks within the campaign the normal bait only costs 9 Voninblod per, which the relics obtained by the treasure maps will cover the loss in Blod.

Rewards

You'll recieve a mixed number of the following loot from Treasure Hunting efforts.
  • 1-4x Ostorian Relic
    1-2x Ostorian Relic
    1-2xOstorian Relic
    10-15x Krill
    Random Assortment of Fish
    Enchanted Fishing Rod
    Dragonbone Khyek(Map #24)
    Peridot
    Aquamarine
    1-2xFlawless Sapphire
    1-2x Black Opal
    1xBlood Ruby
    1x Brilliant Diamond
    1x Rough Emerald
    1x Rough Sapphire
    1x Rough Amethyst
    1x Rough Ruby
    1-2x Shimmering Hill Emerald
    1x Gleaming Frost Sapphire
    1x Lustrous Cloud Amethyst
    1x Scintillating Storm Ruby
    2x Lanolin
    2x Dragon Turtle Moult
    1-2x Ostorian Residuum
    1x Dubbin
    1x Livewood Sap
    1x Chert Waterstone

Provided by:KatDerCleric at Imgur.com

• 167x IV Fish = Max Elk Tribe Points
  • 50x V Fish = Max Elk Tribe Points
  • The only Gem worth restoring is the Amethyst
    Maps normally are not worth selling for 15k AD, due to Dragon Turtle Moult, and Lanolin.
Post edited by ltsmithneko on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Nice. This is one of the best all in one maps I have seen.
  • Options
    ufailxd#9808 ufailxd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Do maps beat farming HE for lanolin/dragon moults?
  • Options
    metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    That's the way I do it but RNG can still be brutal some nights. Oh well...just x18 dragon turtle moults and x16 lanolin to go for my OH.../cry
  • Options
    well from the huge amount of maps and HE's ive done, yes the maps grant you alot more for your effort. c:
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have the RNG virus right now. I am not up to your numbers yet but after about 40 maps I am still hunting for my purple boat. I did manage the purple pole in 10 or under...I am not sure why the RNG's are so bad right now for me. I was actually getting 2-3 chests of fish out of 5 chests until yesterday... I finally started getting some refinement chests so maybe by boat is coming soon.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Correction:

Elk Tribe takes all types of fish. from I to V. You get the most from IV (30) and V (100) but since you get something, might as well catch the other ranks, and not really waste the bait completely. The time you save by skipping these ranks is not that drastic in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT:

Rank I -> 5 rep
    Rank II -> 10 rep
    Rank III -> 15 rep
    Rank IV -> 30 rep
    Rank V -> 100 rep

2nd edit: corrected the # in the first paragraph. thank you for pointing it out @nameexpired
    Post edited by umarachnea#5673 on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Correction:

Elk Tribe takes all types of fish. from I to V. You get the most from IV (50) and V (100) but since you get something, might as well catch the other ranks, and not really waste the bait completely. The time you save by skipping these ranks is not that drastic in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT:

Rank I -> 5 rep
    Rank II -> 10 rep
    Rank III -> 15 rep
    Rank IV -> 30 rep
    Rank V -> 100 rep

Aye, you are misunderstanding what I meant "Due to the Elk Tribe Rep, only taking the Rare and Epic fish saves alot on space." Mind you skipping those extra fish helps get the Treasure Maps faster, which like to hand out fishies. And above all save extra inventory space.
    Post edited by ltsmithneko on
  • Options
    umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User

Aye, you are misunderstanding what I meant "Due to the Elk Tribe Rep, only taking the Rare and Epic fish saves alot on space." Mind you skipping those extra fish helps get the Treasure Maps faster, which like to hand out fishies. And above all save extra inventory space.

Sorry about that. Just wanted to say that while this was more about Treasure Maps, there still is benefit to getting as much rep as possible since you're fishing anyway, and grinding Msva (for those who are).

With the change to Treasure Maps taking up 1 space only, it is not a bad deal to keep all fish you get and then open all Hidden Treasure once back at main campfire... but you're absolutely right, if all you care about is Treasure Maps, then might as well just fish up IV and V...
  • Options
    rathavart#9761 rathavart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I keep 4 and 5s just to sell for gold, I find that you get more maps with worms than krill, just not much else.