test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IS using feeder artifacts better or using r4 and r5 stacks?

skandam4everskandam4ever Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited February 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
hope someone can give a sloid answer as 2XRP is right around the corner
Post edited by skandam4ever on

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Unless I have stuffed up the maths & Calcs using feeders is at least 2x better atm.

Based on my calculations the RP cost only (so not including the marks, GMOPs, Greater Marks and Pres Wards etc, that you need to upgrade the target artifact) between just using R5 stacks and 4 feeders (+ target) is

R5's - $1.7M AD in RP
    4x Feeders - 500K AD in RP and feeders (includes upgrading feeders)

At the moment (last time I checked anyway) R8's are slightly cheaper at 1.6M AD

This is based on "Indy's" method whoom I think is @indylol and:

R5 Stack - 35K AD
    R8 Runestone (for feeder RP) 9K AD
    Feeder - 40K AD
    Greater Marks (for feeder upgrades) 30K
    Pres wards for feeder upgrades 5K
    and a few other bits and pieces

I ignored marks and lesser marks as they are usually cheap and I have plenty of them

So it is going to vary.

During 2x RP only.

Also it is based on getting 2 R92+ feeders and you need 2.14 R92's to get the target to R140 so you need a little luck with some crits. But still atm on PC it is significantly cheaper to use feeders by my calcs even if you have to throw in a few R5's to make up for not critting.

If anyone wants to double check my math and advise of any errors, that would be great. I put it all into a spreadsheet where you can enter in the cost of the bits and pieces and it spits out the answer and comparison but don't really know (and cant be bothered to figure out) how to link it.

Again thanks to Indy.

- found an error in my calcs, revised figures

- the above doesn't take into accounts crits when refining

Post edited by lantern22 on
  • skandam4everskandam4ever Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    yeah feeders are only 40kish atm and the guides i found online were calculated using 100k+ but things change so fast in this game i need ot make sure i dont screw up as i am far from rich
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Feeding:

To get a rank 1 artifact to 59 you need 293.535 RP. If you use rank 5 enchantments with 2160 a piece, you need 136. Also you need a bunch of green and blue marks, to get the artifact to rare. Feeding the artifact will give you 1.239.200 RP

Enchantments:

To get 1.239.200 RP with rank 5 enchantments you will need 574.

Which one is cheaper depends on prices. At the moment feeding is better for union and stability, as you can get the ingredients for less than the costs of 574 enchantments. For power artifacts it could be the other way, as those are quite costly. If you can get the artifact for less than 100k, you should be finde. If not, using only enchantments probably is better.

The math may change with other ranks of enchantments. For that you need to check the prices.
    neirgara said:

Feeding:

To get a rank 1 artifact to 59 you need 293.535 RP. If you use rank 5 enchantments with 2160 a piece, you need 136. Also you need a bunch of green and blue marks, to get the artifact to rare. Feeding the artifact will give you 1.239.200 RP

Enchantments:

Which one is cheaper depends on prices. At the moment feeding is better for union and stability, as you can get the ingredients for less than the costs of 574 enchantments. For power artifacts it could be the other way, as those are quite costly. If you can get the artifact for less than 100k, you should be finde. If not, using only enchantments probably is better.

The math may change with other ranks of enchantments. For that you need to check the prices.

at least 5 power for 40-50k atm on AH
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User

neirgara said:

Feeding:

Enchantments:

at least 5 power for 40-50k atm on AH

I see only Shard of Valindra's Crown for around 80k (still less than 100k, so good for feeding). So if you see some for less again, I advise to buy them instantly, as that seems to be a very good deal. :)
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Keep in mind, that R 5s and feeder Artifacts can crit. With feeder artifacts and some luck, you have a higher multiplicator, if you have crits (enchant x1.5 or 2 or enchant x1.5 or 2 and artifact x 1.5 or 2= max 4x).

Regarding artifacts of power, if you can do some PvP, you can use bloodcrystal ravenskulls for FREE. Artifacts of union can use BtA eye of lathander as feeder.

Last but not least, get some quartermaster enchants, lent a few R12 quartermaster enchants from your 'richer' friends during 2x enchants. Open the bags you got from the quartermaster enchant and you will have enough BtA R6s and R7s, to upgrade anything you want. I did not buy RPs for a few years and I did not use unbound RPs on my own chars for at last a year.

This way 2x RP will help you upgrade your char AND make a profit or, at last, selling RPs will finance your GMOPs/ SMOPs.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    ty for the tips stocking up on the feader artifacts now before the price goes up
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @lantern22

When you make your level 92 feeders, you can always feed them up to 94-96 with runestones to avoid relying on a crit if you throw an extra 200-400k rp into the feeders before refining it into your target artifact. I'm glad to see someone is still finding what i wrote.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Is there an idiots guide to this anywhere? For example what Green thing do I need to buy to upgrade My Elemental Fire Sword and Shield :smile:
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Is there an idiots guide to this anywhere? For example what Green thing do I need to buy to upgrade My Elemental Fire Sword and Shield :smile:

Feeding doesn't work for artifact weapons or artifact equipment because you get always get at most 80% of the RP that went into one if you feed it into another. So given that there's a 2x RP event starting on the 9th your best bet is to save your RP until then and dump it into your elemental weapons. Then you can grind out the ascendant weapons in mod 11 and feed your elemental weapons into those (because artifact weapons always get the 2x modifier when fed into another weapon).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Here's a guide I wrote some time ago. Price have changed, so keeps that in mind, but the maths are the same.

http://darkpastry.enjin.com/forumalliance/m/39607166/viewthread/28288080-using-artifacts-as-feeders
    indylol said:

@lantern22

When you make your level 92 feeders, you can always feed them up to 94-96 with runestones to avoid relying on a crit if you throw an extra 200-400k rp into the feeders before refining it into your target artifact. I'm glad to see someone is still finding what i wrote.

Well thanks for writing it. Was mildly hard to find, but the trail of breadcrumbs was still there in the ether
    neirgara said:

Feeding:

Enchantments:

I think Arti's would need to be over 200K (maybe as high as 300K) for feeders not to be more effective. I'm not sure about the effect of critting on the results.
  • nataliemi971nataliemi971 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Is it usually cheaper/more efficient to make the lvl 92/94 artifact to feed or a bunch of lvl 59 artifacts to get to mythic from legendary?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    If you get x2 to rank 59 then drop them into a green (or blue, just don't bother levelling it) and do this twice, so using a total of 6 artifacts you can get the same result as levelling one to about r75. In other words you use the same amount of RP for the initial feeders but spend a little more on marks and wards but save on 2 artifact purchases.

Personally I prefer the 1-into-1 x2 method as I believe it's cheaper.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox