test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Connecting to the login server. Please wait ... FOREVER!

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
I get this message a lot when changing character.
Ever since I returned to the game last year.
So, this is ongoing for a long time now.
Many guild mates experience the same, which makes me think it's nothing to do with my PC or my internet connection.

Please invest some resources to fix this.
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    This has happened for a long time. I hope they will fix it ... one day but I don't hold my breath for it.
    For now, when I see this message, I does Alt-F4 and restart. No point to wait at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

This has happened for a long time. I hope they will fix it ... one day but I don't hold my breath for it.
    For now, when I see this message, I does Alt-F4 and restart. No point to wait at all.

That's what I do as well, but it's terrible if you want to quickly change toon to join a group and then you end up restarting the whole client, which, due to it's eloquent programming, takes less than 2 minutes to initialize.

There are days, and lately there are more of them, where I ask myself why I put up with this HAMSTER.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2017

That's what I do as well, but it's terrible if you want to quickly change toon to join a group and then you end up restarting the whole client, which, due to it's eloquent programming, takes less than 2 minutes to initialize.

There are days, and lately there are more of them, where I ask myself why I put up with this HAMSTER.
    Here was a youtube video. But on second thought I'll send you the link..

Honestly when the timeout was to short I wouldn't be able to invoke or swap at all, each time it would time "Login server timeout" and disconnect.
    It was worse.

But they over compensated, and it can be a bit shorter....
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    My signature approves of this message.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It used to be you get the error back pretty quick. Then you try many times before you successfully reconnect. Then they "fixed" it and now you wait up to one minute as the client tries to reconnect for you. Well, I call BS because if it was true, you would expect the reconnect to work some of the time. But it NEVER reconnects and always kicks back the error after one minute. The devs just masked the problem by forcing you to wait one minute. That's the kind of quality this game has turned into.

Between this login problem and the horrible graphics refresh leaving your screen mostly white during fights, I can't imagine how they possibly get new players.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2017

It used to be you get the error back pretty quick. Then you try many times before you successfully reconnect. Then they "fixed" it and now you wait up to one minute as the client tries to reconnect for you. Well, I call BS because if it was true, you would expect the reconnect to work some of the time. But it NEVER reconnects and always kicks back the error after one minute. The devs just masked the problem by forcing you to wait one minute. That's the kind of quality this game has turned into.

Between this login problem and the horrible graphics refresh leaving your screen mostly white during fights, I can't imagine how they possibly get new players.

What the hell!? You invent some process, with some invented outcome and call it BS.
    You can't go more logic fallacy than this.

And here is why in simple terms. When the timeout was stupid low it would disconnect each and every char swap for high ping connections. (IT wouldn't connect at all without using a proxy, because the game have higher timeout for those)
    No it will do the timeout an wont reconnect about 1/10, that leaves with 90% "managed to reconnect" rate.

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    micky1p00 said:

What the hell!? You invent some process, with some invented outcome and call it BS.
    You can't go more logic fallacy than this.

And here is why in simple terms. When the timeout was stupid low it would disconnect each and every char swap for high ping connections. (IT wouldn't connect at all without using a proxy, because the game have higher timeout for those)
    No it will do the timeout an wont reconnect about 1/10, that leaves with 90% "managed to reconnect" rate.

"Connecting to the login server... Please wait" never, never, NEVER, comes back reconnected. You don't call that BS? It forces me to wait the one minute, or kill the client so I can manually reconnect myself.

And when the timeout was short, I can usually reconnect in a few tries, taking only 20 seconds or so. So the client now has a minute to reconnect by itself and never does?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My rate has been more like a successful reconnect is 1 in 10 times, but I don't bother any more and just restart the client. It seems faster that way. At any rate, I think a decent work around would be to add a button that would just skip the wait and take us back to the login screen.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    zajojajo said:

yeah game become terrible experience, crashes, disconnects, SNR daily basis,AMD GPU cause even BSOD, in almost every patch they say they improve server stability or game, really ? personally i dont believe anymore :(

If "improve server stability" is what they said, I won't say that is not correct. All the problem you listed are client side related. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    zajojajo said:

zajojajo said:

yeah game become terrible experience, crashes, disconnects, SNR daily basis,AMD GPU cause even BSOD, in almost every patch they say they improve server stability or game, really ? personally i dont believe anymore :(

If "improve server stability" is what they said, I won't say that is not correct. All the problem you listed are client side related. :)
    Do u even play this game or only occasionally spam forum from time to time like most people here, come lets do couple sva runs then fbi show me how awesome connection you have.
    I do both esva and fbi and do not have connection problem. They were all smooth runs (in terms of networking and graphic) on my side. The only problem I have (in terms of connection) is what the subject says when I switch character.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

zajojajo said:

zajojajo said:

Do u even play this game or only occasionally spam forum from time to time like most people here, come lets do couple sva runs then fbi show me how awesome connection you have.
    I do both esva and fbi and do not have connection problem. They were all smooth runs (in terms of networking and graphic) on my side. The only problem I have (in terms of connection) is what the subject says when I switch character.
    Yeah, I only have connection problems when switching, all it needs is a "force return to login screen" capability so you can abort the request and log straight back in.