test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Justice Instead of Bulwark for tanking?

valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Hi guys

As a new OP tank I'd gone fully to the end of the bulwark tree and the remainder of points in the justice tree.

The more I read online in guides, I'm seeing people going to the end of the Justice with some in bulwark. I was looking for some feedback on people's experiences with the different builds. I'm just under 2000 item lv and done a few epic dungeons.

Comments

• hrunting1#2425 hrunting1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I can lend some info to answer this. The reason most go justice over the bulwark is the cap stone. The justic tree also allows for faster divine call build up, for quicker encounters. This means fast temp hp and a easy of play ( well reckless play).

Me myself I play the old meta of justice with some light thrown in. Personally I think the bully play is to slow and is to turtlly for me. (i.e. I deal more damage as a justice tree build than bulwark). The reason is I had a friend that play a bully build and he could take hits but needed help to do dailies, compared to my build where I could do them all with easy solo.

All this could amount to a hill of beans, due to the fact if you like the way you build play then go for it. It's good to see flavor thrown in with builds. I've even seen a lifesteal build for a pally in my guild ( they tank like a boss). So you do what you like hoss.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Justice is too good to even think about going for other capstone no matter if Dev or Prot. Full Light I suppose is for PvP. But Justice provides increased damage and cooldown reduction, which is very usefull for tank - more damage = more Temp HP from TW. There's a reason most OP builds are Justice capstone and Aura Gifts from Light for power sharing.
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    As @hrunting1#2425 said, it depends on your playing style and what you like. The Justice capstone is indeed good for multiple reasons, but mainly for the cool down reducing and increased damage. The Divine Call action ends up doing two things. As Devo you'll cast an AoE heal, and as Prot you will gain 10% DR and taunt all in 30'. This is in addition to gaining Judge(capstone buff). There are other bonuses for each, but those are the notables.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hi guys

Thanks for the thoughts, is there a certain item level that justice tanking works ok?, I'm concerned as I'm new that I might take to much damage due to my low gear score.
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    It comes down to a few factors. Gear/Item Level does play a role, but it is also how you play, which class feats you use, which encounters you rotate through and what works best for you. It will take time to find your groove.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Just stick to areas your gear is capable of handling and put points in the right powers first. Work on campaign boons and don't try doing Castle Never until you get over 3k unless you have a good AA spamming DC with you.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Justice works at item level 1.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I do not know, I ran CN with a 2.5 ilevel OP in a party with no DC/OP devo and we did just fine. No need for AA spam in CN at all.