test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devo OP - DPS Hybrid Build Questions

mazdaguy80#8291 mazdaguy80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hello folks,

I've always enjoyed playing a healer in MMOs. Neverwinter is no exception, plus I love the added bonus that I can also DPS in a group and put out some decent numbers. I surprise myself sometimes... however, I'd like to push those numbers even further and would like to know from everyone else what I should be changing up. I'm currently sitting at 2694 iLVL, with about 130K HP, and 13K Power without Bonding/Protector's Camraderie Procs.

I'm currently using a build very similar to Beckylunatic's "You're doing it all wrong - DevOP" build found here:
arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225403/doing-it-all-wrong-devop-easy-mode-for-soloing
What I'd like from everyone here is some feedback on what I should change in my build.

First, I'll detail, from the top of my head since I can't log into the game right now, what gear, artifacts, enchants, companions, mount bonuses, etc... I am using, and then I'll ask what I can do to improve. I might later update/edit this post with screenshot of my current setup.

Gear
  • Head: Dragonflight Restoration Armet (2pcs for set bonus, plan on upgrading to Elemental version)
  • Body: Dragonflight Restoration Cuirass (2pcs for set bonus, plan on upgrading to Elemental version)
  • Arms: Dusk Restoration Couters (2pcs for set bonus)
  • Feet: Dusk Restoration Poleyns (2pcs for set bonus)
  • Weapon: Burning Mace (Epic)
  • Off-Hand: Burning Shield (Epic)
  • Neck: Greater Cloak of Black Ice (Epic) (3/3 for set bonus)
  • Waist: Greater Belt of Black Ice (Epic) (3/3 for set bonus)
  • Ring 1: Ring of Rising Focus +4
  • Ring 2: Ring of Brutality +3
  • Shirt: Warrior's Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chainmail
  • Pants: Warrior's Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chausses
The pieces I know that I should replace are:
  • Weapon and OH to Twisted Set or better
  • Replace Rising Focus with a Rising Power or Rising Precision, and the Brutality +3 with a Brutality +4/+5
Artifact Powers
  • Weapon: Oath Strike (+ ??% healing/damage)
  • Off-Hand: Aura of Wisdom (+3% AP gain)
  • Off-Hand stat bonus AP gain
Artifacts
  • Active: Sigil of the Devoted (Legendary)
  • Secondary 1: Black Ice Beholder (Legendary) (3/3 for set bonus)
  • Secondary 2: Beacon of Simril (Epic)
  • Secondary 3: Sigil of the Oathbound (Epic)
The pieces I know that I should replace are:
  • Beacon of Simril to a more DPS centric artifact, maybe Symbol of Fire
  • Sigil of the Oathbound to perhaps?
Enchants
  • Weapon: Plaguefire Enchantment (rank 8)
  • Armor: Lesser Soulforged (rank 7)
  • Offensive: Radiant Enchantment (Power) (rank 8)
  • Defensive: Radiant Enchantment (Max HP) (rank 8)
  • Utility: 1 Tymora's Blessing (rank 7) (after using this this for a few weeks now, I decided I will replace it, this enchantment sucks) and the rest are Dragon's Hoard Enchantment (rank 8)
Armor Kits/Jewel
I have NONE at the moment. This is where I'd like to focus my next upgrades and would like to know what kits/jewels I should make. Yes make. Since I have rank 25 Platesmithing, 25 Mailsmithing, 25 Jewelcrafting, 25 Weaponsmithing, 25 Alchemy. If the recommendation here is for a Leatherworking or Tailoring Kit, then I'll be focusing on that next to minimize AD cost.

Companions
  • Active 1/Summoned Companion: Fire Archon (Epic)
  • Active 2: Earth Archon (Rare)
  • Active 3: Water Archon (Rare)
  • Active 4: Air Archon (Rare)
  • Active 5: Sprite (Epic)
My Fire Archon has the following gear:
  • Runestones: 3x Bonding Runestone (rank 8)
  • Ring 1: Personalized Adamant Ring of Piercing, Offense slot has Radiant/Dark rank 8, can't remember, Defense Slot has Azure Rank 8
  • Ring 2: Personalized Adamant Ring of Piercing, Offense slot has Radiant/Dark rank 8, can't remember, Defense Slot has Azure Rank 8
  • Talisman: Some crappy iLVL 115 Talisman with Crit and ArPen, with a Dark rank 8 enchantment
I know I can do several improvements here. Let me know which ones I should be replacing to not only maximise DPS, but also stay an effective healer.

Mounts
I can't recall everything here. I know I have the +2000 Power mount bonus from a Drake and running the following Mount Bonuses:
Protector's Comraderie x2, Protector's Friendship, Warlord's Inspiration, unsure about the 5th bonus, possible a 3rd Protector's Comradie
Which insignias should I be using? and Which mount bonus should I change?

OK. So I think that is all. Where should I focus on next to improve my DPS while not sacrificing my healing effectiveness. When my companion procs Bonding/Protector's, my AP gain is well above 50% and I am able to sustain a 100% uptime on prism. I don't want to lose this and I'm pretty sure I can keep this even after replacing my Weapon set.

Few other questions related to boons:
  • One big question I have is whether or not anyone has tested Rousing Warmth (from ID campaign) since 10.5 hit (I'm on PS4). I read that it was buggy and caused DPS to go down significantly if coupled with Burning Guidance. Has anyone tested if this is still the case? I could see this boon as being a huge DPS increase if it wasn't buggy.
  • Also, how often does 'Healing Warmth' proc? I'm pretty far from obtaining it still, and would like to know if the DPS increase from it is significant enough for me to grind it out quickly, or simply wait to get it with time.