test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bane - 10 hours to apply the 3 stacks?

critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited January 2017 in The Citadel
This may have already been mentioned am sure but I can't seem to find a topic or comment for it so here I go...

Why since the changes to bane to build AP have they made it so you can't spam the x3 bane on a boss or what not? It's damn bloody annoying I'd prefer no AP gain at all from bane than to sit there waving my hands about doing absolutely nothing.

I'm forced to now only apply 1 or 2 stacks then do my rotation then return back to apply the 3rd or reapply the 2nd again its damn frustrating and does not feel fluid at all.

If for whatever reason I felt like i NEEDED to apply all 3 charges to survive I'd be HAMSTER because I'd have to sit there getting whacked whiles waving my hand about for 5 mins..
Mr Doofa [PS4]
4,300 Tankadin

Comments

• critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    If your unaware of what am talking about:

Before Mod 10.5 bane you could spam the encounter 3x to apply the stacks really quickly and efficiently so you can go about your business been a tank

After Mod 10.5 they added to bane that it now produces AP gain but they have also forced you to wait out the aniamation of your hand waving around for each stack and the animation is rather long considering your a tank and i feel in many situations it just takes too bloody long to cast the stacks.
    Mr Doofa [PS4]
    4,300 Tankadin
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I preferred the old way as well.

Why since the changes to bane to build AP have they made it so you can't spam the x3 bane on a boss or what not?

Missing a better explanation the only answer I can give you is that Cryptic saw that there are too many tanks around complaining that they can never get into eSVA, so they crippled the tanks to nudge them to make a toon from the rare DPS class.
    [/sarcasm]

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    it shouldnt be 3 charges.. make it one.. problem fixed.
  • devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User

I hate people who say "this' but THIS!
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Well, no. Just reduce the animations. As a DevOP, you can also apply Bane to teammates meaning if you have any amount of recharge at all, you can get multiple stacks on both the mob(s) and the allies for added effectiveness.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    they could, actually code it differently for both..

There is really no reason to have to apply 3 charges to debuff, everyone uses it on teh biggest baddy most of the time anyways.

Its actually just a annoyance..
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Well quite frankly I dont use Bane anymore. Same as Binding Oath. Those two former essential paladin abilities for tough boss fights are now in the basement along with other useless powers such as Banishment, Divine touch, Divine Protector, Sacred Weapon, Vow of Enmity, Aura of Truth, Heroism..

I have an alt of every class, in some cases 2 of a class and Im not sure but there isnt another class with as many useless abilities as the paladin is there?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Well quite frankly I dont use Bane anymore. Same as Binding Oath. Those two former essential paladin abilities for tough boss fights are now in the basement along with other useless powers such as Banishment, Divine touch, Divine Protector, Sacred Weapon, Vow of Enmity, Aura of Truth, Heroism..

I have an alt of every class, in some cases 2 of a class and Im not sure but there isnt another class with as many useless abilities as the paladin is there?

So what's your rotation for bosses?

I've found Bane to be harder to apply as well, it's a real pain. Did a few pug CN's last night and had to swap CoP for Absolution on a couple of Orcus fights due to early 1-shotting from Orcus going on. Previously BO would take care of things if there was no DC or if they were bad (we had a 2k DC on one run...) I got dropped in 2 hits through SoF and a full bar of temp health because I couldn't fire Bane fast enough and didn't have time to get CoP in place. Switching to absolution (and applying it to everyone before entering) solved it.

The part I don't like about it is when standing on opposite sides of a boss you're more likely to apply it to someone else instead of yourself. I found myself having to point the view angle to almost straight down at my feet. Conversely the part I do like is it now boosts DR by 50%.

What I'd REALLY like to see is them change it so it applies the shield to both the caster and the ally rather than 1 or the other.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I face high dmg bosses with CoP/TW/Cleansing Touch. I run mostly public queue groups so I like to have healing and second temp hp generator for hard single target fights. I havent died at Orcus even once since I switched to the above. CT helps me the most in-between AA an SoF when no daily mitigates incoming damage. Also having 2 temp health generators is great for all those buggy ëxit-combat-lose-temp HP moments that happen a lot in the middle of fighting.

Ive faced the same situation with Absolution. Its nice to be able to cast in on the whole party before going in but if the paladin himself dies the whole thing goes sideways anyway. And the cast definitely needs to be on your target and always on yourself as well because its slow too.

When my party enters I hit TW because usually the temp hp i had outside the Orcus room disappears once inside. I cast SoF, move in before my party and place CoP. At that point Im usually smacked at least once and I reuse TW. My party is already set up around orcus along with my companion in melee range and I keep casting CoP/TW/CT as soon as they come up to keep my yellow bar full. Shielding strike is my at will and helps as well, SoF can be spammed asap or used strategically, depends on the amount of dmg Orcus is doing to your paladin. If nothing lags or bugs or whatever I can keep Orcus on me like that the whole fight.

Bane would be awesome in theory. Orcus deals 30% less damage and takes 30% more.. Awesome but in practice things are different. With Bane instead of CT Im much more likely to die (btw this is all assuming you dont have a powerful AC/DC spamming buffs). Bottom line is we must be flexible. We cant depend on our Sanctuary like GFs depend on their block. We must get to know our current party on the way to Orcus so we know what to expect inside.

PS: forgot to mention I also have a trans feytouched on my paladin which surely helps in tanking orcus
    Post edited by waywardwizard#4349 on
  • critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I feel forced to slot bane in most boss fights simply because I notice the burn is noticeably slower I'm much higher geared than the average player so can go on without bane quite easily against every boss but the damage increase that bane provides is very useful and too good to pass on.

What I do now though is only really use 1 or 2 stacks at any one time for example bane and then clip it instantly with Templar wrath or BO for example so they is no animation for that cast of bane.

It's not ideal and its sacrificing a 10 or 20 percent damage increase and debuff but its all i can be bothered to do at this moment in time with it.

P.s. am actually liking CoP but the fact it doesn't increase other players damage is saddening and makes it inferior to bane for the majority of times.
    Mr Doofa [PS4]
    4,300 Tankadin