test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gambist's Gauntlets

mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
Found these sneaky little things in eLoL the other day. However, it turns out the financial cost is quite noticeable and I'm not really happy with the loss of gold needed for injury kits, pots and making keys etc. I do tend to collect the coins and stackable goodies (chalices, etc) to sell for gold and get gold from leadership, but these gauntlets, at least judging by the shrinkage of my coin pouch after a few skirm runs, eat more and faster :/

But they do pose an upgrade in stats for me and are overall a nice alternative to the new relic armour. I would gladly use them if you would consider implementing an empowerment kind-of system. Just like with black ice boots, but with gold. I don't mind 'feeding' the gold loving spirit, but I'd like to be able to know and control just how much gold I'm required to give out for how much combat-time. And if the combat-time runs out, just disable the bonus. Right now I have to keep all my gold in the bank x_x

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    For the most part, the new armors are junk. If you like it, great, but it is what it is. At least you can claim it is 150 IL. (They are quite salvageable, however.)
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Lol, I was thinking about these too. Maybe I'll stop.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Not arguing with the general HAMSTER-o-meter of the majority of the new items (tho hamster me, I really want those Tiamat masks for transmute O_O). But this particular item and a few others are quite usable even without a set bonus (rather, in combination with a 2-set bonus from other gear, in solo play at least) and I like the internal logic of possessed items that require you to sacrifice something to reap the benefits. In all honesty, I couldn't care less for the small added damage, I just want control over how expensive it is to use these in combat.

I don't really understand why they didn't release these with an empowerment system to start with - you make your offering to the spirit, e.g 6 gold for 4 or 6 h of gameplay and you get a chance at some bonus dam. No offering, no bonus dam, no hole in my coin pouch :)
  • Options
    Tbh. These new armors are alt-gear. Atm. I've got my cw wearing dusk gloves and chest, the new orcus thingie helm and fadeless boots from the SH giants Bhe. And my TR. with the orcus helm and zulkirs dreadnought chest, and dusk hands and feet.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Tbh. These new armors are alt-gear. Atm. I've got my cw wearing dusk gloves and chest, the new orcus thingie helm and fadeless boots from the SH giants Bhe. And my TR. with the orcus helm and zulkirs dreadnought chest, and dusk hands and feet.

Mostly, I agree. I joked with friends, that this is no improvement for my main or my other geared characters, but I will push my praying alts to 3k IL.^^

But, there are a few items BIS, imo. GWD shirt gives for a class, that has no power/crit lvl 70 shirt more usable stats. SVH helmet has the highest power and is most useful for a power AA DC built etc.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    Yeah, forgot the blood stained shirt, I have that on my main now. That's a nice item.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    jonkoca said:

While some of them aren't BiS, they're really close. Could save 2-3m by getting them instead of relic armor without much difference.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Yeah, forgot the blood stained shirt, I have that on my main now. That's a nice item.

That was probably the only one I liked the look of. I may have to go for that.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I think the Cambist Gauntlet's should have the financial cost reduced by 35-70% even if the damage boost from the financial gain is equally offset. Otherwise the Guantlet's are like other's have said if not BiS there often very close to it. Regardless I don't know that Cryptic will consider changing this any time soon although we can hope. Still you're almost far better off to seek the Survivalist Gauntlet from Demogorgon and while it does NOT have the 12925 HP like many other's it does make up for it with a very impressive +2700 boost solely to power.

Still I think it be upsetting when people put them on but if they got rid of their previous DROW or ELVIN armor to salvage it to only find out they can't afford the constant gold drain... Gold can be saved up slowly over time but if you can never save gold while wearing them having to take them off to rebuild your gold surplus is a bit of a lost cause. Seems the drop's even in EPIC dungeon's or from opening chests are 9 copper, 11 copper, 15 copper (that occur's 20 time's more often) while you might get 7 silver from a chest but your extremely lucky to get 151 copper or 600 dropped by an enemy. I've never seen to my knowledge a drop that occurred in silver as often those show up as silver plates.

Seems the financial cost to wearing the Gauntlet's can quickly add up.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    strathkin said:

I think the Cambist Gauntlet's should have the financial cost reduced by 35-70% even if the damage boost from the financial gain is equally offset. Otherwise the Guantlet's are like other's have said if not BiS there often very close to it. Regardless I don't know that Cryptic will consider changing this any time soon although we can hope. Still you're almost far better off to seek the Survivalist Gauntlet from Demogorgon and while it does NOT have the 12925 HP like many other's it does make up for it with a very impressive +2700 boost solely to power.

Still I think it be upsetting when people put them on but if they got rid of their previous DROW or ELVIN armor to salvage it to only find out they can't afford the constant gold drain... Gold can be saved up slowly over time but if you can never save gold while wearing them having to take them off to rebuild your gold surplus is a bit of a lost cause. Seems the drop's even in EPIC dungeon's or from opening chests are 9 copper, 11 copper, 15 copper (that occur's 20 time's more often) while you might get 7 silver from a chest but your extremely lucky to get 151 copper or 600 dropped by an enemy. I've never seen to my knowledge a drop that occurred in silver as often those show up as silver plates.

Seems the financial cost to wearing the Gauntlet's can quickly add up.

I have Gold,Xp,glory gain insignias in a few slots.
    Put my gold into the bank (started from 0) and started killing mobs (with Gambists's Gauntlets)
    Racked up 2 silver + some copper instead of running completely dry out of coins.
    I was thinking of using them for the stats and iL boost with my gold in the Bank (staying safe), that's what I'll keep on doing till I run a few more things an make sure they don't break bank.