test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trample the fallen/Crushing pin questions

wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
Two questions for u pro GFs ;
1. Does the +% dmg from trample the fallen affect only me or the whole party ?
2. Are there other artifact powers than the Token of Chromatic storm (the meteor shower thing) that proccs crushing pin ?
Elite Whaleboy

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Two questions for u pro GFs ;
    1. Does the +% dmg from trample the fallen affect only me or the whole party ?
    2. Are there other artifact powers than the Token of Chromatic storm (the meteor shower thing) that proccs crushing pin ?

Trample the Fallen only applies to your personal DPS (ie yours only)

No artifact like Chromatic Storm or Lantern can proc Crushing Pin. It needs to be one of your own abilities which procs Crushing Pin (Griffon's, Knee Breaker, Bull Charge, Frontline Surge, etc.)

(btw, with Bear your Sins/Duckonaplate getting fixed, we're looking into Vanguard's Banner being fixed. if it's fixed, it will likely become the best debuff artifact by virtue of being a defense debuff)

• Options
    edited January 2017
    @rjc9000 But, when I use the chromatic storm artifact, it does show the crushing pin debuff icon ? Is this merely a display bug ?

Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @rjc9000 is correct, Trample is a buff to you personally, not a debuff to the enemy.
    Crushing Pin is a debuff placed on the enemy (not a buff on you or the party). It boosts the damage of anyone that hits them.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    wilbur626 said:

@rjc9000 But, when I use the chromatic storm artifact, it does show the crushing pin debuff icon ? Is this merely a display bug ?

When you casted Chromatic Storm, you had Crushing Pin up because you used a power that procs Crushing Pin. (For example, the Guarded Assault offhand bonus.)

• Options
    edited January 2017
    @rjc9000
    Ok, i guess they just use the same icon when lightning meteor from chromatic hits as the crushing pin debuff icon then. I tested the artifact only on dummies not using any skills.

Back to trample the fallen; does this effect only work for my own control powers, or does any control power from party/companion work ?
    Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    wilbur626 said:

@rjc9000
    Ok, i guess they just use the same icon when lightning meteor from chromatic hits as the crushing pin debuff icon then. I tested the artifact only on dummies not using any skills.

Back to trample the fallen; does this effect only work for my own control powers, or does any control power from party/companion work ?

brb checking preview server...

EDIT:
    hold up, I see what you mean.

For some reason, the lightning part of Chromatic Storm put the Crushing Pin symbol on a training dummy...

I will investigate further...

• Options
    maatmonsmaatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

No artifact like Chromatic Storm or Lantern can proc Crushing Pin. It needs to be one of your own abilities which procs Crushing Pin (Griffon's, Knee Breaker, Bull Charge, Frontline Surge, etc.)

Okay, so a related question. I've heard there's an “offhand” or something that alters the Guarded Assault class feature to include a slow effect. Since it's, in a sense, Guarded Assault that's applying the slow, would that trigger Crushing Pin?
  • Options
    slapdriveslapdrive Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    maatmons said:

rjc9000 said:

Okay, so a related question. I've heard there's an “offhand” or something that alters the Guarded Assault class feature to include a slow effect. Since it's, in a sense, Guarded Assault that's applying the slow, would that trigger Crushing Pin?
    This works well, it's probably the easiest way of keeping crushing pin up full time... at least it has been in my experience. Crushing pin gets reset every single time you are hit with your shield up, great for multi mob debuffing.
  • Options
    Can one of you pro GFs please confirm if Trample the Fallen can be triggered by other players/companion powers ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    @wilbur626 "Can one of you pro GFs please confirm if Trample the Fallen can be triggered by other players/companion powers ?"

Trample is a personal buff to you (not a debuff on an enemy).
    When Trample is active any enemy under CC by ANY source receives extra damage.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options

@wilbur626 "Can one of you pro GFs please confirm if Trample the Fallen can be triggered by other players/companion powers ?"

Trample is a personal buff to you (not a debuff on an enemy).

When Trample is active any enemy under CC by ANY source receives extra damage.

So using a companion with control powers when running solo with a tanky-tank would not be incredibly stupid ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    @wilbur626 That would be a bonus, sure. Not primary reason to choose, but CC never hurts.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.