test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Key Update and Chest Rewards/Drops

To many players' dismay, the Sea of Moving Ice is coming with the Dungeon Chest Key change. The developers have claimed in their blog that there will be better drops and a variety of drops. How much of this applies to PS4 has not been disclosed, as it looks like the same blog for PC. The patch notes for the Sea of Moving Ice can be found here.

So, I think we players on PS4 should use this Google Sheet to record what we get from our dungeons. Anyone can edit the document and I expect it to get quite long very quickly. Let's see what changed and if anyone gets better and/or interesting rewards. Post drops in the Google Sheet only. Do not post in the Google Sheet if you are reporting for XBONE or PC.

Hope everyone has a fun time exploring what the game now has to offer and what has changed.

Comments

• goodelove#4083 goodelove Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    1st day in my alliance and lots of people running lots of dungeons. No noticeable improvement in drop rates. By the end of the day a lot of really frustrated people who used a lot of keys to get a lot of junk drops. I've personally never experienced what I did yesterday with this knew content. Most of the people I play with are upbeat about game almost always. Yesterday was most negativity I've seen since servers opened.
  • draftingdavedraftingdave Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I was really excited about the key change (I still think it's going in the right direction), but after 10+ runs last night, and the same old HAMSTER drops, my enthusiasm is gone.

A change needed to be made, because the ultra farming dungeons method was just not healthy.

I understand them being slightly cautious about drop rates so the market isn't flooded, but they went too low IMO.

I think a better solution was/is to have a guaranteed drop pool in the chest associated with this change. That way the change would at least be noticed and no one would have the experience I did. Where literally, there was no change what-so-ever in the chest loot.
  • morgrim66morgrim66 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This change feels like all the developers and producers of the game took a dump in a big bucket right in front of us and said, "Hey! Breathe deep! This is what we think of you and how sure we are that you are stupid enough to keep playing and spending money even though we only spend our time an effort on ways to grab more!". I am sorry but this and any number of other "features" of this game SCREAMS that profits are job 1 for Cryptic and the customer is just a mark to be fleeced.
    Morria Grim 16,133 DC
    Morgrim Orcbane 16,530 CW
    Bloodlust Barbie 15,646 OP Tank
  • CNx6 and Demo x 1, I got the same old trash in 6 out of 7 runs, I think the results need to be consistently better. All three of the decent things I got in the good run are account bound, 1 was a death slaad I will try out on an alt, one was a belt of wisdom but I'm already running a valindra's belt, so I can't use it, the last was a sudden crit +5, which is a great ring, but it's replacing a +4 and I'll have to make a jewel kit for 100k + supplies for it.

At this rate I'd have to spend $3.00 a day on keys as I can't make more than one greater demonic per day, I can't really justify spending $100 a month on keys for this game. Whatever happened to the key price drop the devs stated when they first talked about this change? Forget the .50 cents off, I think they need to make it 20 keys for $3.00.
  • dtronic#6518 dtronic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    15 CN runs. I am a 3500 lvl DC. Got a mask for a DPS class, Just fantastic.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2017

CNx6 and Demo x 1, I got the same old trash in 6 out of 7 runs, I think the results need to be consistently better. All three of the decent things I got in the good run are account bound, 1 was a death slaad I will try out on an alt, one was a belt of wisdom but I'm already running a valindra's belt, so I can't use it, the last was a sudden crit +5, which is a great ring, but it's replacing a +4 and I'll have to make a jewel kit for 100k + supplies for it.

At this rate I'd have to spend $3.00 a day on keys as I can't make more than one greater demonic per day, I can't really justify spending $100 a month on keys for this game. Whatever happened to the key price drop the devs stated when they first talked about this change? Forget the .50 cents off, I think they need to make it 20 keys for $3.00.

sorry but you got a USEFUL plus five and you are complaining about having to make a kit for it? LMAO. yeah no.... no sympathy here.
  • Not asking for sympathy, just pointing out +5 is not an instant equip upgrade, +4 had defense and offense slots and a jewel kit, I'll have to refine up a second enchantment for offense and make a jewel kit for it. All that takes AD, AD I won't be spending on keys.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I know it's a small sample size for 2 toons, but here it is 12 CN, 6 Lostmauth,8 skirmishes. Results: absolutely nothing new or usable. I received 2 +3 rings out of the 1st box in CN, but not needed and would have open and taken using my daily vip key so no big deal.

Where it gets extremely aggravating is opening the 2nd box in CN and getting a stupid +1 or +2 blue ring. That is a waste of my greater demonic key. Thankfully I had 30 of these keys made and stored waiting for this mess.