Install Arc
Options

Calling out auction house scammers !!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    you're incredibly childish, aren't you?

seems to me like you thrive off attention, and this thread was made just to get it.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The main issue is still with the game as such:
    you can not create a query that only returns the "Bonding Runestone" - namely the R8 one - in this stupid neglected interface.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    So if i understand correctly, OP is calling over and over a scam a thing that's not a scam. The idea to put a lesser bonding (to take the example) at the price of a normal one is not what i would consider "good market" but you can't do anything about it, because they only OFFER the product to the market. If someone is stupid enough or doesn't pay attention at what he's about to buy, then why the hell would you consider it a scam when it's clearly the buyer's fault ?
    When everyone is telling you that it's not a scam using every example, deifnitions possible and you keep repeating that 'It is a scam, omg why can't you understand that, my opinion sure is right but yours is wrong, i don't care about what you think, etc.", then maybe, just maybe you should reconsider the problem.

Even if some people do it intentionally, and i'm sure they exist, it's just another "technic" to make AD via the AH, nothing much.
    This kind of stuff shouldn't sell without a lack of attention. Heck people grind all day long to get AD, it's the minimum behaviour to pay attention to what you do with it.

And for the thing that you said : "If i see someone with a underpriced item (most likely a bonding with one less "0" in the price), i'll buy it and send it back to the owner", that never happens. 100%. For real. When you see an underpriced item, you buy it quickly and you're happy that the seller made a mistake. It's the other way around, this time the fault is on the seller, because of a lack of attention when he put the item on AH.
  • Options
    ^^^see? this player gets it
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    ...says the player with a big boobed Goth HAMSTER for their profile picture....
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    agilesto said:

'It is a scam, omg why can't you understand that, my opinion sure is right but yours is wrong, i don't care about what you think, etc."

You're a special snowflake aren't you ? Why do you even create a topic on an official forum when you don't even try to understand other people way of thinking ? Your definition of scam is wrong, and your general definition of the market is wrong if you think that it's not the buyer's fault for buying the wrong stuff when he has all the informations he needs, like the NAME OF THE OBJECT he is about to buy.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    grrouper said:

God you keep taking my words and switching them around. If a person posts an item with the intention to trick or deceive a player then they are attempting to scam them. Nothing else matters just because they made the mistake to buy it does not stop the person that posted it from attempting to scam. and if the poster did not have the intention to try to get someone to buy it by mistake then that is not a scam . And it does not matter about proving their intention that does not matter at all they know if they are trying to set someone up or not or scam someone.

no one is switching anything around, you are calling it a scam when it isn't.

and to be honest, you're beginning to embarrass yourself in your stubborn refusal to back down and see that you are plain wrong.

here's what I think happened when you were thinking about posting this thread.

you thought "hey, I have a notion and I'm going to post about it, I'm going to be a SJW and everyone will agree with me because in my own head, I think I'm right"

what you didn't bank on, is the chance that you you might be wrong (or in this case, you definitely are), and that people would line up one by one to try to explain to you why you are.

then, you took exception to it, and as a last line of defense, you started to accuse those trying to help you understand of trolling, even though the criteria you were using to label them trolls, applied to you more than anyone.

now, we find ourselves where we are, back at the start, you sitting in the corner, the same corner you painted yourself into, and with people lining to up try to get you to understand why you are wrong, and you vehemently refusing to experience the penny dropping moment.

also, this is a public forum, not an echo chamber. if you have the right to post a thread with an ill thought out argument, then we have the same right to reply to it to dissect your argument and pass it back to you for reappraisal.

if you wanted an echo chamber, create a private forum of your own, don't invite anyone and then flood it with threads trying to convince yourself you are right, and everyone else is wrong and mean.
  • Options
    also, I'd like to add the point that it's you that's arguing like a child, not everyone else.
This discussion has been closed.