test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My PVE DC at the end of SKT

rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
edited January 2017 in The Temple
After some months of insane grind for voninblod, lanolins and tourtle moults, many runs at FBI/mSVA, some AD*10^5 to complete this and that, here how my dc looks like at the end of this madness.
I accepted the challenge to face the craziness of this mod, but I really hope to not see again something like this in the future: it's brainless and it's not fun.
The idea behind this build is not so far from what Jarek published here and you can see it as a variation:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1216742/jareks-ac-righteous-pve-mod-10-mod-10b-guide-updated-on-november-10th-2016
Please read the excellent work from Jarek for all the details so that the following is easy to understand. You will read a detailed overview and not a complete description.
I don't publish the IL as well because it's meaningless but it's not difficult to estimate the value.

My DC is built around action point gain since mod 6. She's a righteous AC DC powered by WIS/CHA - POW/REC.
When all the powers/dailies/insigna/artifact are on, the stats I care go up quite well. Here what I get against some dummies.

I was lucky enough to find some+5 rings that fit my playstyle even if they are not 100% what I wanted. Now that I have this set, I have to change some enchantments, silver in particular because I no longer need them. I've to find a better main artifact as well, but at the moment I can live with the vanguard banner.
I'm not going to keep the lighttender's restoration set empowered because farming voninblod is the most tedious task that this game has to offer.
Just to complete the description, my DC slots rk 12 radiant/silver enchantments in the offensive slots, rk 12 azure in the defensive slots.
The MH slots a trans dread enchantment while the armor is equipped with a greater soulforge.
The companion is a sellsword with 3 x rk 12 bonding runestones.

The rotation is the classic one to stack divinity and APs quickly.

Overall the final result is a balanced build where heals, dps, mitigation, buff and debuff live together at good level on top of the AA spam.

Oltreverso guild leader
Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
Post edited by rapo973 on

Comments

• Options
    illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    Go grab an embush drake at the AH or wait to drop it, if you are lucky :)

Very nice support build !

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    This is a much more BiS version of what I am running, nice build!!
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    illhora said:

But you'd be given up an offensive runeslot and two pieces of loyal gear. That's pretty painful. As a lucky person who has yet to get a single +5 ring to drop, I'm not going to put much confidence in the new companion gear system working out for me.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    putzboy78 said:

illhora said:

But you'd be given up an offensive runeslot and two pieces of loyal gear. That's pretty painful.
    Indeed this is something I'm thinking of + the cost of the ambush drake that is too high at the moment (5.7 mln last time I checked it).
    I'm collecting all the screenshots of the loot I find when I consume a key and till now no ambush drake.
    I'm planning to store at least 200 screenshots to have a decent sample to estimate the value of loot vs the cost of the keys: currently I've 52 screenshots and the results are not impressive: just 4 items out of 52 that I consider "interesting" but not "amazing".
    As a support DC, I'm open to give up my self-buffed power to give the team more buff: from this point of view the dancing shield is attractive as well. It has 3 defensive slots, but assassin's covenant partially limits the power loss if you stack defence (this is what I saw when I tested it).
    At the end what is important for me is to have enough dps to complete the daily quests quickly without any ambition to play in the dps arena which is very crowded and over-competitive.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

illhora said:

But you'd be given up an offensive runeslot and two pieces of loyal gear. That's pretty painful. As a lucky person who has yet to get a single +5 ring to drop, I'm not going to put much confidence in the new companion gear system working out for me.
    The gear would be an issue but the offensive slot shouldn't be. Even with only two offensive slots you still got more than enough power for effective heals.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    the price of loyal gear should drop because the new pet gear and losing 1 off slot to get 10% more debuff seems to be worth it.