test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 10 Solo PvE / Master Infiltrator / Executioner Build (TR)

yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
So I've more or less finished up my TR's guide on mmominds, I'm always changing things but currently here's what I'm working with and using for the time being.

http://mmominds.com/2016/12/17/enyos-mod-10-pve-master-infiltrator-executioner-build/

Let me know what you think!
Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)

Comments

• sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I think it's much better than the first one you put up! A couple of things that you might consider:

1) In your rotation, if you stealth and then WoB first, your Shadowborn power buff will last the whole length of the WoB buff or about 12 seconds.

2) your dancing blade giving you 5% crit severity is a pretty low buff for you. With your vorpal, your crit severity goes to 147%. With dying breath and arterial cut, it jumps to 187%. Your combat advantage is at about 30%. That mean your dancing blade is giving you a little less than 1.6% extra damage. 1.5% if you add your Erinyes to the mix. Your Erinyes will give you about a 3% extra damage. You might take a look at the air archon. Yes, it's dependent on the enemy's health, but it procs after the first hit that anyone does. And, a flat 5% extra damage out performs both crit severity pets put together.

I like that you are tankier than the standard build. Interesting perspective!
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Another thing, even tho your crit is low you still use most of your encounters stealthed, which means they crit - making owlbear cub useless. Air and Fire archons would be nice instead Dancing Blade and Owlbear cub, even if u dont have any of them on legendary lvl.
    Also your recovery is very high, maybe too high, after you activate artifact power you are probably around 20k+ recovery in combat. I overheard a discussion about recovery saying more than 13k is not needed or its effect gets much lower after that number, not sure about it tho, best would be to test it. If u dont lose much by lowering it maybe it would be better to invest into power or crit.
    Anyway its nice to see a bit different setup since usually most of us use the same.
    Edit: i saw u said owlbear cub still does lot of damage for you, check it with ACT to be sure, i guess its nice for mobs where you use non-stealthed smoke bomb.
  • yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

Another thing, even tho your crit is low you still use most of your encounters stealthed, which means they crit - making owlbear cub useless. Air and Fire archons would be nice instead Dancing Blade and Owlbear cub, even if u dont have any of them on legendary lvl.
    Also your recovery is very high, maybe too high, after you activate artifact power you are probably around 20k+ recovery in combat. I overheard a discussion about recovery saying more than 13k is not needed or its effect gets much lower after that number, not sure about it tho, best would be to test it. If u dont lose much by lowering it maybe it would be better to invest into power or crit.
    Anyway its nice to see a bit different setup since usually most of us use the same.
    Edit: i saw u said owlbear cub still does lot of damage for you, check it with ACT to be sure, i guess its nice for mobs where you use non-stealthed smoke bomb.

I think it's much better than the first one you put up! A couple of things that you might consider:

1) In your rotation, if you stealth and then WoB first, your Shadowborn power buff will last the whole length of the WoB buff or about 12 seconds.

2) your dancing blade giving you 5% crit severity is a pretty low buff for you. With your vorpal, your crit severity goes to 147%. With dying breath and arterial cut, it jumps to 187%. Your combat advantage is at about 30%. That mean your dancing blade is giving you a little less than 1.6% extra damage. 1.5% if you add your Erinyes to the mix. Your Erinyes will give you about a 3% extra damage. You might take a look at the air archon. Yes, it's dependent on the enemy's health, but it procs after the first hit that anyone does. And, a flat 5% extra damage out performs both crit severity pets put together.

I like that you are tankier than the standard build. Interesting perspective!

I saw these suggestions before, and have considered. I already have 50+ companions to pick and choose from, so I just switched it out to the triple Archon effect (earth air fire) - This is basically what it looks like now (see below). I noticed with the fire archon Im getting 1300 armor penetration. triple that with Bondings and thats pretty much 4k Armor Penetration, gets me to where I need to be.

SO - with that I can switch out my Mount Equip Power, and select something else. Critical Strike, Power, Recovery - I've got a lot. What're your guys suggestions on this? I've got a few in mind that would be cool, but curious on your guys opinions and if this is even maybe something I'd want to do. Here's a list of what I've got to work with;

Thanks, and curious to hear your thoughts / opinions, and anyone else's maybe reading this post! Also if the pictures are too small and hard to read, just right click and hit Open In New Tab - though you may already know that!

blur#5900 said:

Woops, about the Recovery - I'd presume this goes for all classes, but I've personally heard you can definitely go over 13k. I've also seen some really really good players both out random and in my alliance (pve players) beyond exceeding the 13k. I do want to replace some of my insignias to focus more (and if I can, purely) on power/crit and maybe some life steal, which would bring down the recovery a bit. With time tho, Im always trying out new things, new combinations - never seem to get around to fixing up my insignias!
    edited January 2017
    Well since you are using Loyal Commander gear your recovery will always be higher than those who use Loyal Avenger and i guess you dont have Avenger gear. Also i'm not sure about that part how much is recovery needed, will check it when i catch the one who spoke about it online.
    About mount combat power (i'm jealous how many you have lol), i would suggest going for 2k power because your crit is low and with 2k more it wont get much better, the needed amount is hardly reachable without Loyal Avenger/Adorable Bite or Ostorian crit rings. If you still want to go into that direction with Fire Archon as summoned, cheapest option i can think of is Elemental Alliance power+crit ring in both slots, Talisman can be Loyal Master to get you to the needed 60% res ignore. If you decide to go that way then 2k crit mount would be nice.
    I guess all those changes would not affect your base recovery which is almost 11k, which is nice, helps with cooldowns on Smoke bomb and Lashing and i guess still nice AP gain.
    Edit: About the recovery, my bad, i overheard it wrongly, 13k is just what most classes need to have the cooldowns short enough.
    Post edited by blur#5900 on
    I gotta say, it's awful tempting for us to take your build and make it more like our build which is all about min/maxing the way we know how to do it. I like the high recovery you have. You are getting extra DPS not based on straight power/crit, but by stacking recovery high, getting your powers back fast, and relying on powers and feats that give your stealth back to compensate for a lower crit. It's different and that is okay. The only one I might consider is the one that reduces all cool downs, but I'd probably stick with the recovery.

If you make that build work the way it is, then don't change things up too much. If you try to take your build and get crit up to 80-90% at the cost of recovery and keep the same powers, you are going to end up making a hybrid build between ours that, I'm afraid, won't work nearly as effective as either one.

One thought: if your action points are coming back super fast with all that recovery, you might want to take another look at Back Alley Tactics. I don't know, but you might get more juice out of another feat. I may be wrong, but it's probably worth another look.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    edited January 2017
    Also, you might take a look at swapping the Erinyes for the wild hunt rider. The Erinyes is giving you about 3%, but the wild hunt rider procs frequently! and each time it procs! it adds more time to the buff. Last time I looked at it, it had it's 10% damage buff up for over 2 minutes. It's pretty good!
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    I was looking over your build again, and I noticed your armor picks. Have you considered swapping 2 armor pieces out with 2 from the dusk set? You'd get a bonus of + 1000 power and + 5000 HP on top of the armor. You'd probably squeeze a little extra by doing that, imo.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    Okay well, apparently quoting is broken for me no matter which computer I use so!

@blur#5900 I'm not really looking to add more Crit, my stealth bar has that all covered. I was considering the power one, and debating maybe trying Quick Action which is AP gain - I'd have to test out both and see which works best, as the AP one might be over kill. As well, 4k extra recovery might be pretty sweet, who knows! Oh, and about the Recovery - good to know, thanks for looking into that!

@sirjimbofrancis That's honestly how I planned out my build. I tried the high crit/power typical TR build, but I wanted to branch out and see if maybe there's a more efficient way to build a TR. So far its worked and the damage dealt is massive, its very uncommon I get out-damaged by anyone of any class.

In regards to Crit, I don't plan to up my Crit at all - my stealth regeneration covers it. Making a hybrid of both builds actually really sucks - already tried that in the past. My AP gain is somewhat quick, and been debating maybe throwing 1 or 2 sabotuer feats in there to see if it benefits at all. If not, maybe try some other executioner feats, see what works what doesn't.

I'm thinking for Mount Equip Power to try even more AP gain (Quick Action) and if possible have close to a perma Lurker's Stealth buff - sounds crazy I know, but it might be possible. Will also try the 4k recovery though, see which is more efficient for what Im aiming at, and if what I'm aiming at is even worth anything.

As for the Wild Hunt Rider - I'll take a look at it, I'd have to compare. Never tried it on my main or an alt so.

As for Dusk - I have to say no to that. My TR is designed to play Solo, and Power/HP bonus on Dusk requires you to be in a party. Half the time I'm not partied up, so I would be receiving no set bonus most of the time really from Dusk. It wouldn't be worth it at all for me personally.
    okay, fair enough! If you go the AP gain route, I'd probably look at swapping Back Alley Tactics for something else. Good luck and thanks! It's a lot of work, but it's great to have another build up in here. Right now, TRs don't have a lot of different builds to choose from. It's nice to have another perspective.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    edited January 2017

okay, fair enough! If you go the AP gain route, I'd probably look at swapping Back Alley Tactics for something else. Good luck and thanks! It's a lot of work, but it's great to have another build up in here. Right now, TRs don't have a lot of different builds to choose from. It's nice to have another perspective.

So with the Quick Action equip power, it takes 20 seconds to completely refill my AP gauge - with the 4k recovery, it takes 24 seconds. Thats solo without any other team members - just my companion and I. With the 4k recovery as well though it brings the cooldown on Lashing Blade to 10 secs, Dazing Strike down to 4.5 seconds (so less than 5 really), and Smoke Bomb down to 9 seconds. Thats about 2 seconds less than they are with Quick Action.

Upgraded a Wild Hunt Rider to epic as well, definitely high proc rate especially with my lower cooldowns on encounters.

If I went with 2 sabotuer feats (replacing Scoundrel / Back Ally Tactics) I could easily bring these cooldowns even lower by 1-2 seconds possibly. I have to check the feat, but sabotuer does have a feat where cooldowns are reduced whenever you enter stealth. This could also result in faster AP gain - and I'm not losing any power, arm pen or crit chance with that. Only losing 10% crit severity from the Erynes of Belial IF I were to replace it with the Wild Hunt Rider. I'll look into more tomorrow when I get online, but we'll check it out. Bringing Dazing Strike down to a 3 second sounds like over kill, but we'll test it all out with ACT tomorrow.
    edited January 2017
    I understand, going for critical would be getting close to our usual exe builds. Since you want a different build i got few suggestions which u can try out, either in Preview server or in Live server since after this current event u should have plenty of Retraining tokens.
    Focus only on Power and Recovery, which u already do. Mount power either 2k power or 4k recovery, up to you, probably power is better. DC Sigil as primary artifact instead Wheel, if u time it right 3-4 Lurkers(or WoB) one behind another can be done easily.
    Also maybe Saboteur build, did one quickly, not much thought put into it - http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1u23m0i:1zu0u5v:1500000:1u00000&h=0&p=min&o=0
    You would be able to fire all 3 Encounters one after another, all 3 stealthed.
    Basically Daily and Encounter spamming, also give Blade Flurry a chance as 3rd encounter instead Lashing when u fight group of mobs,paired with WoB daily its very nice, Lashing for single targets.
    In mob fights Wild Hunt Rider is definitely better, i cant proc it in single target fights tho.
    Good luck.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    @blur I like your thinking. This is how I played my TR for pve for a few mods up to just recently. Reason being I'm a PvP'r too. PvP builds have no room for crit but a lot of recovery and AP gain. Subbing Lurkers for 100% crit with back to back dailies and encounters was nice. One issue I experienced with it, however, is having your encounter cooldowns so low-- it turns out it wasn't as great in practice because Duelist Flurry takes a few seconds to wind up, you would seldom find yourself in a place where you have a complete gap in your cd to cast a complete DF. When that happens, you either lose dps from the DF bleeds or you loose the benefit of having such low cooldown, ergo much harder to keep up on bosses. For clearing trash I went back and tested WoB+Smoke Bomb instead of Lurkers+BF. As it came to a point where my stacked power is making SB ticks to be larger than the BF hits, it made more sense to drop BF for LB. There are still some situations I use BF, but not quite often anymore.
    edited January 2017
    @rustlord yeah i thought there would be conflict with too low encounter cd and atwill, also you are right, it cant keep up on bosses with exe but i think its superior on trash fights.

I have been testing aoe rotations recently.
    Stealth>Smoke>Wob>Stealth>Dazing>Blade Flurry
    Stealth>Dazing>Wob>Stealth>Smoke>Blade Fluryy
    Stealth>Wob>Smoke>Blade Flurry>Sly Flourish>Stealth>Dazing/Smoke

Second one may benefit from SoD but i prefer last one since everything that comes after Wob has the Wob power buff+Shadowborn buff which stays for Wob buff duration. Also i am not a fan of Lurkers+Blade Flurry so not sure how good that is. Rotations are for Exe build btw, harder content like fbi/sva, in CN trash dies from smoke>stealth>wob lol
    @blur#5900
    @rustlord

Hello again! I was actually Sabotuer build since I first started Neverwinter, up until MOD10 came out. The problem with Sabotuer, while its great for PvP — it isn't totally convenient for PvM. The damage output (I found anyway) has nothing on an Executioner build. I've yet to test out which is more beneficial — the 2k power or 4k recovery. I'll test out the 2, and am even considering investing into a black ice horse (4k power)— I'll have to save up for a bit though, last I checked those things go for 38mil+.... Blah
  • coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    You like Loyal gear, while sirjimbofrancis use underdark rings. The constant buff you get from them is better that the buffs someone will get from power and critical rings, for example?

You like Loyal gear, while sirjimbofrancis use underdark rings. The constant buff you get from them is better that the buffs someone will get from power and critical rings, for example?

I use a loyal ring, too. Some people prefer constant steady stats. I look at them this way: if I have a brutal on my character and my companion, I'm getting 16,000 power 1/3 of the time. So, the that's an average of 5,333 power. To me, that makes it better. However, the people who prefer constant stats would say that our rotations and powers often don't coincide with when the power buff is active, and so, the steady stats (about 2000 power) are better. Also, he gets quite a lot of recovery with those rings, and that is a big part of his build, stacking recovery. It depends on personal preference, (and if you've managed to get the Underdark rings).
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    Well — I haven't been able to log on because it seems working with walking germs has caught up to me, and I've gotten the stomach flu so... I'll let you know when I actually test everything out lol
    yopuko said:

Well — I haven't been able to log on because it seems working with walking germs has caught up to me, and I've gotten the stomach flu so... I'll let you know when I actually test everything out lol

Hope you feel better. The stomach flu is really bad this year (hit my family on Christmas).
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    @sirjimbofrancis Thanks, and yeah it really is!

So just did Lake Crisis HE in the Stronghold just to get an idea of what I'm working with. Switched feats up a bit and this is with Erynes of Belial, solo, on my own. Not half bad, I'll try it out in edemo or elol or something later.

@yopuko , watch out for party composition if you run the dungeons. If you have really good buffers, you won't get a good idea of the kind of damage you are actually doing. If you have another TR exe in your group, all the Shadow of Demise damage from both of you on bosses will only be credited to one of you.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    Yup for sure! Hence why I went with Lake Crisis solo — purely my own stats and buffs, best way to get an idea on what I'm personally dealing