test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Bank - Ranks with Permission Cannot Deposit Items

As it stands, currently ranks with permission to deposit into a Guild Bank repository are unable to do so unless the "withdraw" option is set to at least "1" or "0" (infinite).

Even if a Guild rank can only withdraw one item/stack of an item per day it still leaves room for malicious behavior (for one members don't have to deposit to be able to withdraw (which is another can of worms in regard to value deposited) and also to make things "less desirable" items would seemingly have to be broken into smaller stacks thus lowering the amount of available space within the repository).

Guild bank repositories "should" be able to be set to deposit only (for example a donation box) without at least one withdrawal being granted as a safeguard if nothing else, therefore as the current system stands it is being seen as a bug/not working as intended.

This is more in light of newer members who may not understand the Guild bank system/have ill intentions, or players that for some reason just want to up and take things.
ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
"No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen

Comments

• omnishock26#6944 omnishock26 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    We've had the same issue with our guild.
    However, the issue is only with the first repository as the second repository works as intended with deposits.

I'm on the same page as trinity with the possible threat of "rogue" members who just joined to help themselves.
  • trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Hmmm, our 3rd repository is giving us trouble (first and second are not for Guild use at this time so they weren't tried). I will run some tests to see if the others are "bugged".

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• chaosmessiahchaosmessiah Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Theirs a bug with our guild repository too, even though we have permission to deposit and withdraw items, it won't always let us deposit items
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I tweaked all of the permissions on our ranks and we are still having issues with this. And there doesn't seem to be any reason as to who can or can't put things into the bank.

One player with 5 characters - all the same rank, 4 can put things in and out of the bank, one cannot.

The problem is that some guild members feel like we have locked them personally out of the bank. Any idea on fixing this?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Exactly ravenskya,

There have been a couple of members in a Guild that I know of that were getting agitated because they felt they were being excluded from using the Guild bank.

Still an issue and relevant

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Forwarding the issue to Julia, for her to try to get it escalated.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • krazybb732#1502 krazybb732 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Part of the war-bound guild asked founder grandpaorge for permission which he said was granted but still said I need permission?
    GWF level 70 guild ranking member
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Did you look at the guild bank permissions to see if your rank was ticked and given a number?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    @grandpaogre#4159 @krazybb732#1502

There is a glitch with that - it only happens to some characters (if you have multiple characters it might happen to some but not others). If it is all set up right and you still can't use the bank then have your guild leader bump you up and down in the ranks a few times. Sometimes that unlocks it. I am one of the 3 guild leaders of our guild and two of my characters can't use the guild bank. I just have to hand stuff over to someone else to stash in the bank for me if I'm on one of those characters.

I've also heard a rumor that you have to have to gold and items part both checked for people to be able to put in/remove items - I have not confirmed that yet.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• grandpaogre#4159 grandpaogre Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Thanks for the info Raven. We've had this occur several times and sometimes it appears to clear itself up for no apparent reason. I'll give your suggestion a try.
    Any time :) I hope it works for you guys. I know how frustrating it is.

• randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    This is such an old bug that has been reported over and over.
    Even by myself after arrival of Strongholds - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1208034/bug-guild-bank-deposit-issue
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers