Install Arc

ITC to return to what it was

sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

Comments

• coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Good, I use it all the time. Notice how Shadow Demon is fixed to!
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'm a 4.1k tr... purely solo player. Have no idea how good/bad I am, and have never slotted ITC. From the tooltip I can see how good it is, but for solo play I slot smoke bomb, dazing strike and Blade flurry (for lurkers use). Is ther any benefit for me swapping any of these for ITC in solo play? (I've not died in about a year, apart from stupidity or drunkenness)

I am tempted sometimes to purely slot the never used or lauded encounters and give them a decent run for HAMSTER'n'giggles.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User

I'm a 4.1k tr... purely solo player. Have no idea how good/bad I am, and have never slotted ITC. From the tooltip I can see how good it is, but for solo play I slot smoke bomb, dazing strike and Blade flurry (for lurkers use). Is ther any benefit for me swapping any of these for ITC in solo play? (I've not died in about a year, apart from stupidity or drunkenness)

I am tempted sometimes to purely slot the never used or lauded encounters and give them a decent run for HAMSTER'n'giggles.

Well, it kinda depends on your build. 2 nice things about ITC is

1) automatically deflect every hit while it is active. If you are an executioner, you are really focused on single target damage, which it looks like you are not. But, for those players, ITC allows you to continue your rotations without having to interrupt them with a dodge roll.

And 2) with the feat Press the Advantage, you will gain 10% of your buffed power while it is active. For example, if I use Whirlwind of Blades and hit 5 enemies, my power will shoot up to 150k-160k, and if I pop ITC, it'll go a further 15,000-16,000. In that way, it also provides a decent buff.

It's not for everyone, but I find it very useful in MSVA, and in the beginning of FBI. If you are only into solo play, you won't ever be able to do those by yourself, and so, for you, it really wouldn't have a good use. I do find it handy in elol to keep the dragon from knocking you down in the middle of your rotation, so you might try it there.

Congrats on not dying in a year. You might try tackling some of the more difficult end game content with groups. You might find it can be even more fun than the solo stuff. Certainly more challenging.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User

With 4.1 iL and, I suspect, epic/legendary mounts there is no reason to change your rotation. If you decide to play with a team, as sirjimbofrancis sugested, some bosses will give you enough trouble to make ITC a good option.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Thanks for the explanation and advice. I should have gotten involved in group play much earlier I admit, but most of my close friends left NW in mod 2 and I just pottered around for 8 mods. Still amazed I managed to get to my ilevel without doing anything more than campaigns and saving up AD to buy what I needed to improve my gear/enchants.

It's now too late for me really as my playtime has reduced from several hours a day to just invoking and doing the occasional daily. Latest mod has pretty much killed any interest for me...

Thanks for the explanation and advice. I should have gotten involved in group play much earlier I admit, but most of my close friends left NW in mod 2 and I just pottered around for 8 mods. Still amazed I managed to get to my ilevel without doing anything more than campaigns and saving up AD to buy what I needed to improve my gear/enchants.

It's now too late for me really as my playtime has reduced from several hours a day to just invoking and doing the occasional daily. Latest mod has pretty much killed any interest for me...

For me, the group play is what makes the game. It's a lot more fun working with other people towards a common goal. And, the play gets to be much much more challenging. But, I understand. If all I did was solo play and I got myself up to 4.1, I'd probably be tired of it, too!

You should try the group content, though. You are missing out on a ton of content.

She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It's not the same,

After initial test we have concluded that itc will bug if...

1) you dodge and activate itc mid dodge.
    2) are hit and activate itc as soon as you are stunned
    3) other not to be named events

All above will put itc on cool down without activating buffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

It's not the same,

After initial test we have concluded that itc will bug if...

1) you dodge and activate itc mid dodge.

2) are hit and activate itc as soon as you are stunned

3) other not to be named events

All above will put itc on cool down without activating buffs

Shoot! Thanks for testing.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog