test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Armor Reinforcement kits and upgradeable Items.

I've got the DF set currently, and about 3 weeks away from crafting enough Black Ice and Unified Elements to start turning the armour Elemental.
Likewise, I have a cloak and belt both at epic...

My question is, simply, if I put an Armour Reinforcement Kit on them, and then upgrade them, will the kit be destroyed or does the bonus carry over?

Comments

• Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Apply the kit after black ice infusion. Making gear elemental will destroy anything on the armor including enchantments, overloads and kits.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    @zman81420 is absolutely correct...make 1000% certain the armor you are to infuse does NOT have ANY enchantments you wish to keep, they WILL get destroyed
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Yes make your gear (head, chest, arms, and feet) elemental first, then reinforce...but your neck and waist can be reinforced at epic, then upgraded to legendary without losing the kit
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    That's good to know.
    Thanks.
    I'll start with the Jewels and keep the armour kits on the back burner.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    So maybe that is where my stats from the kits went! I was thinking that they stayed but I have enough different characters with iced gear that I could not recall if I had put kits on or not...I knew about the enchantments, learned the hard way. I think I remember seeing a patch note that will at least provided a warning about anything slotted but yes, remove enchants or they will be gone.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Very good to know...considering all my diamonds/professions are going towards Unified Elements for this very same purpose!
  • Options
    yiazzy said:

Very good to know...considering all my diamonds/professions are going towards Unified Elements for this very same purpose!

Don't forget to keep pumping out refined Black Ice like your life depends on it, you need 50k just to get rank 4 and another 25k for rank 5.
    I had 15 unified elements for a while, and realised that I could use them all, and replace them two or three times over in the time it will take me to get the 75k black ice I need for R5 let alone the 40k needed to make the bloody items.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Bear in mind that during a 2x professions event it takes half as much black ice and unified elements to rank up your forge.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    All things I'm aware of, but thanks anyway you two. Got something like 56k Black Ice saved up already, and only at 4/10 on the UE. Got plenty of time to get the rest :)
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

Bear in mind that during a 2x professions event it takes half as much black ice and unified elements to rank up your forge.

I have every faith that the day I gain my Rank 5 will be the day they announce the next 2 x Profession event.