test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much time do you spend playing Neverwinter in an average day?

That's it, that's my question. Just curious.

Mainly I see people talking about managing their alts and leveling their alts, and I just don't know where they get the time to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom. :) I'm already able to spend... what would it be, 3 hours? whatever the max time is to invoke up to the daily max, assuming one invokes the instant it's possible. And that's just on one character, my one-and-only character.

I don't know how people are able to do 2 dungeons + 2 skirmishes + whatever minimum questing + some basic refinement / care-and-feeding / AD shuffle / equipment shuffle, across 2, 3 4, 5+ characters...

Comments

• Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    When you have several characters you will no longer try to do everything but instead you go for the activities that generate the most fun/ AD.
    I have 5 characters, of which I only play 3. A DC, a GWF and a SW. I actually stopped playing my gwf but I still use him to do dailies and stuff and my DC does not do any dailies at all, for obvious reasons. In the end I do the same stuff every day but I use 3 characters instead of 1 and I usually do not play more than 3 hours myself -only exception is currently the winter festival. Fishing linus favor is boring but not as boring as trying to slay tiamat a couple hundred of times.
  • Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    About....8 hours a day, 4 if I'm working.

Currently have 6 characters, but really only maintain my SW main and Oath Pal alt. My CW, GF, HR amd GWF get levelled a couple of times when I play them, usually do at least one of those a day.

Mainly, it's just grinding out campaign currencies, SKT on my main atm.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I have 7 characters and running them all through 2x 3 man ToS plus invokes takes about 3 hours. 7 of them are also at r25 Leadership so twice a day I set their tasks for making refinement. The other one is new so is on his 3rd profession (Alchemy) and I'll start him on Leadership once all 9 boxes are open.

Total game time per day ranges from 3 to 8 hrs depending on what other thing's I have to do but at the moment I'm averaging about 5 hrs per day (across the week).

I try to get in a few CN on my OP and DC and I also have to work on boons for my new GF - he's done with Dread Ring and about to finish Sharandar but only half way through IWD & Maze Engine.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have 5 characters, and I find there is not enough time to work on each of them every day. I hit them all with professions and run a few of them through the stronghold heroics then pick one or two to work a few dailies and run a few whatever I feel like dungeons or skirms. I try to keep it down to 2-3 hours on most week days and about 5-7 hours on weekend.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    sergeanttensergeantten Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    12-18hrs a day. I have just my DPS/Debuff DC and my Tact GF. I don't often do all my dalies anymore, nor able to find the time to do everything i should to make AD.

Manderake@Manderake83
    Guild Leader and Alliance Leader of Denial
  • Options
    dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I have 5 toons as of now. my "bank" toon just hit 35 from prayers and leadership, the other 4 are 70. Just logging in is a 30 minute affair between the prayer cycle and skill/crafting reset on 5 toons. I will usually blast thru my HR and DC on influence runs for the Stronghold since these are quick with AoE and then I will queue skirmish "Throne of the Dwarven King" (x2). I am usually on my 3rd prayer cycle by then and with the AD bonus, It's a pretty quick 8800 RAD and am still looking for my +5 rings. My DC hardly ever has to wait in PUG for EToS so I try to sneak 1 or 2 of them in quick.
  • Options
    I have 7 toons but only seriously play 2; a 3.5k TR and a 2.7k DC. My CW, GWF and OP only run things for the guild, i.e. Influence or dailies for the needed campaign currency. My HR has his own guild for the vault for me to keep items long-term that I want to sell without seeing every day, which would make me antsy to sell them. My GF is brand new and I haven't even gotten him to the praying stage.

I have about 6-8 hours a day M-Th and about half that on the weekends. I generally knock out a couple of cloak towers or baby spider on my HR and GWF for some quick AD. The Underdark dailies that earn the conqueror shards after 5 days (my guild needs it and I don't PvP) on my TR and CW. That with the same as everyone else with sending off professions x6 toons, takes about 75-90 minutes.

Then I'm free for T1 and T2 dungeons, guild events, influence/currency farming for the guild or helping guildies with their needs.

I only do the bag cleanup once a week as that takes me a couple of hours on all 6 toons.

GL of Pants Off Dance Off, helm guild in our alliance at GH rank 10. GT is FEaRHodorWillie

TR: Kim Jong-Chuck
    DC: Chuck Yeager
    CW: Chuck Woolery
    GWF: El Chucko
    OP: Chuck Norris
    GF: Attila the Chuck
    HR: Randy Mantooth

(Yes, my name is Chuck :))
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    In the Mod 5 days it was 6-12 hrs. It was great with the struggle to lvl and get rich with what felt like a seemingly larger player base. Making all sorts of new friends. Running dungeons and skirmishes endlessly. Now its more like 1-3 hrs tops. I have 1 GF basically maxed with an offense and defense of everything you could need. Plus a 4k control wizard as a spill over of loot side project. Now that i feel as though i beat Neverender the unbeatable I'm just bored with it. But the addiction has me at least logging on for a ritualistic daily fix.
    But im pretty sure when you look at hrs played it does not reflect them accurately. Our best guess is if you dont log out of the game it keeps you in a server and keeps the hrs ticking. I remember my yr one hrs were not humanly possible.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Hmm... when Im actually on playing the game, roughly between 9-11 hours a day? :P Ehhh... still more than 70% of that time I'm listen to youtube or Nightcore snapped on the side of my screen as I farm. ^-^
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    Hmmm :Takes a look around: I haven't been on in about 7 months, let alone post here until an hour ago. I would say 3hrs a day on the weekends if I wasn't busy. Though some rainy days called for several hrs of grinding.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    I'm trying to remember everything right now!
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @yourenext2die haa welcome back m8 :D
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I work from home so have the game on all day and keep professions ticking, and invokes.
    5 characters all at 70 most around 2.5k
    When I start a new one I pretty much play it exclusively till its 70, I did that with my HR 5th character, realised I had more fun playing him, and so he's now my main.

Actual sitting and playing... probably 3 or 4 hours a day, except when my wife and kids go to visit the in laws. Then its pretty much all day and evening except the mandatory dog walking excursions.

Longest session was about 30 hours last summer. I genuinely lost an entire day and didn't realise it.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Been up for about 28 hours rn. ;P
  • Options
    I'm online daily a minimum of 12 hours. My maximum is 14 hours. I like to at least sleep 8 hours daily. However there are times that I'm known to a few times a month pull a marathon where I'm online a few days no sleep.

Morgnarok | Level 70 | Item Level: 3.154 | Dragonborn | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder | Trapper
    V.I.P Rank 12 - Active
    Guild: None
    Online 12-14 Hours Daily

Vizio M80-C3 80-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV | Microsoft Xbox One S 2TB | Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller - White | Astro Gaming - A50 Wireless Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Xbox One | Seagate Xbox One 5TB Expansion USB 3.0 External Hard Drive

Asus ROG G7001VI 17.3" Laptop - 6th Gen Intel Core i7 6820HK Quad Core 2.7GHZ - 64GB DDR4 SDRAM @ 2400MHZ - Dual 512GB SSD Raid 0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X | Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Optical Gaming Mouse | Logitech - G933 Artemis Spectrum Gaming Headset

Xbox Live GT: Morgnarok
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Lol are u guys serious with the 6-12 hours a day responses?...I'm sure your all highly successful self employed millionaires., who run business meetings on FaceTime while killing Valindra ...I work a full time job, and have a family so if I get an hour a day, and a couple on weekends, I'm pumped
  • Options
    astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    About 8 hour between 40 characters at all levels....I'm retire you see...
  • Options
    morgnarokgaming#4625 morgnarokgaming Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Lol are u guys serious with the 6-12 hours a day responses?...I'm sure your all highly successful self employed millionaires., who run business meetings on FaceTime while killing Valindra ...I work a full time job, and have a family so if I get an hour a day, and a couple on weekends, I'm pumped

I'm not a millionaire or self employed. Thats not the only reason you have some gamers who can spend 6,8,10,12,14,16 hours a day in a video game. There are people in our real world who are disabled via mentally, physically or unable to work due to being disabled by injury on the job. I fall in the later. I havent worked in 5 years now. I collect SSI due to not being able to work another day in my lifetime. I also have a family of my own, wife and daughter and Im still online 12 to 14 hours daily, get decent amount of sleep and spend quality time with my family. It just means I dont have a life outside of my family and gaming which in my opinion in the world we live in today with the type of people that are out there its a better choice to live this way. I suggest people think before making trollish or disrespectful and unregarding comments. Of course there is the normal teenager/young adult that still lives at home in their mothers basement living off their parents playing video games day and night but not everyone is in that siuation.

Morgnarok | Level 70 | Item Level: 3.154 | Dragonborn | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder | Trapper
    V.I.P Rank 12 - Active
    Guild: None
    Online 12-14 Hours Daily

Vizio M80-C3 80-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV | Microsoft Xbox One S 2TB | Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller - White | Astro Gaming - A50 Wireless Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Xbox One | Seagate Xbox One 5TB Expansion USB 3.0 External Hard Drive

Asus ROG G7001VI 17.3" Laptop - 6th Gen Intel Core i7 6820HK Quad Core 2.7GHZ - 64GB DDR4 SDRAM @ 2400MHZ - Dual 512GB SSD Raid 0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X | Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Optical Gaming Mouse | Logitech - G933 Artemis Spectrum Gaming Headset

Xbox Live GT: Morgnarok
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    About 3 hours a day weekdays, WAY too much on weekends.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Im on 6-12+ hrs because I'm disabled and cant work. I cant barely walk and am in pain all the time. Games like this are a way to loose yourself in that alternate reality and i dont feel the pain sometimes when om lucky.
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    1-3 hours on workdays (family life allowing), 6-10 on weekends (again, family life allowing).
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Well reef, some of us arent blessed with families, relationships and/or booming social lives (I don't have any of those....yet), but recently, with the lag and the grind just to get an R9 to an R10 (I refuse to wait another month for the double rp event, very counter-productive and I'm very impatient), I barely play for an hour.

Could also be the fact I'm going through some personal stuff and can't really concentrate on games at all atm...but I won't go there
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I'm a single dad of two , work full time and currently enrolled in classes. I have a 4.2k sw (main), 3.8gf and 10 other level 70 toons that have maxed professions running leadership 25 constantly. I used to play 5 hours a day but now down to 1.5-3. I mantain my lock the most obviously. I'm also a leader of a guild and I'm able to run it with the help of two other leaders and through social media etc.

I find nothing wrong at all with players who spend all day and night on the game. It is their hobby and what they enjoys it's a great release from everyday life and the social aspects are wonderful. I wouldn't play if it wasn't for my friends, guild, and alliance .

Baratheon
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Full time job and xtra time dad. Get about 2-3 hours most weekdays and maybe 4-5 hours on the weekend.

I have 5 toons at lvl 70. Run Leadership on all 5 but only invoke and do professions on 3. My main was my GWF but I've started running more on my DC as it's easier to get runs.

I do my dailies on DC and GWF (SoMI and SKT occasionally). Then maybe a dungeon or two. That's about it. Oh and fish and HEs.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    Spending alot of time gaming is better then running the streets partying, doing drugs, gang banging. Alot of people i know and have met through the years game alot to get away from their old life and stay out of jail.
  • Options
    iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    A year before 8h> , 6 months later 5-6 hours, now <2 hours lol

Thats because im done with all campaign boons, just trying to clear sea of moving ice now then i can focus on Dungeons/skirmish only on both of my 3k ilvl above toon. Its very time taxing to maintain both main :P
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Currently reducing my play time, want to spend more time with my family and engage in other hobbies; now only on weekends baring plans with my kids.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock