test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 changes to Companions

btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
1. Please design companions so that a player can choose their slots to be defensive OR offensive instead of being static. Currently, players are wanting triple offensive slots in order to maximize power output using triple bonding stones. Let players be able to do this no matter what companion they are using.

2. Also, please double or triple all active stat bonuses starting at level 70. They do not scale very well at all and people bypass these companions in favor of % bonuses.

I believe these will help Cryptic realize larger profits and also make the player-base happy.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The best idea I've seen for companions is to let us mix and match like we do with mounts. Have the summoned companion's stats as one thing and the skin/animations/audio as another.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I think about this every time i go to sva and see 6 7 8 9 fire archons. Please give comps the mount stable feature
  • praendlpraendl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'd also like to see the companions hold onto their gear when they're idle, instead of taking up my bank slots and having to trade bits and pieces around. Just my two cents. :)
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Mount system to companions would be an even better thing then the mount system. I want to have a companion I choose beside me, not the one that I'm forced to use if I want max stats.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I think about this every time i go to sva and see 6 7 8 9 fire archons. Please give comps the mount stable feature

Indeed, the Cult of Fire has won and we didn't even know it.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    praendl said:

I'd also like to see the companions hold onto their gear when they're idle, instead of taking up my bank slots and having to trade bits and pieces around. Just my two cents. :)

YES, this never made any sense except that..hey let's put this feature in to take up more space in their bags. Thanks Devs!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,362 Arc User
    praendl said:

If they allow that, I can name a new alt as 'Ring Bearer' who will fill with Con Artists in the companion inventory. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Companion stance, and attack orders. This is what I want the most.
    Being able to choose between aggressive, defensive or passive behavior, as well as choosing which target it could focus on.

I REALLY hate it when I open combat on a group with my DC, attacking the strongest one first, and then see my shadow demon fly off to find the weakest target possible.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!