test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragonborn

treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PvE Discussion
Yesterday while messing around with builds on preview (wich is where i spend most of my time, since i got tired from the live server grind) i've noticed this big power diference between Dragonborn and Half orc on my gwf, by big i mean 7000 diference in 90k power, i tought probably insignia buffs could have something to do with that but the dragonborn power doesn't even buff every source of power, or.....does it?

Comments

• Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Dragonborn Fury: Your Power and Critical Strike are increased by 3%

Although 7K on 90 seems more like 8-9%...maybe moving some ability points around at the same time made up the difference?
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    There are other basic feats that grant %power increase also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options

Dragonborn Fury: Your Power and Critical Strike are increased by 3%

Although 7K on 90 seems more like 8-9%...maybe moving some ability points around at the same time made up the difference?

It was the same GWF simply after race reroll, same rotation, same companion, it's very weird because all pots where untouched, so the suposed fall of power should be from the equipement (acordingly to caprese power boost/3), around 990 + bufs i dont know.

There are other basic feats that grant %power increase also.

You mean like steely defence/dark revelry/weapons of light and so on?
    I was trying assassin's covenant, i also had both protectors boosts, probably was a irregular boost that somehow got in a loop.

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Good find
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Find?......Im not even sure how i got that result, but i created character and fully equiped it again, this time a diferent build and the results where : 70 730 DB - 68444 HO, the curious thing is without companion gift the 2286 diference was there already, as for critical the diference was 839, already there while non gifted as well, and at the 23000 the suposed would be 690(unlike power the crit comparisson can be made because the 100% crit on a gwf using WM + off hand boost is around 24000). So i would say it's very close to the expected in endgame, i have no idea where my first result came from.

I tried removing all insignia modifiers, combinate them randomly, replacing the horn of lostmauth (it has a bad historial), that wasn't it, but one thing i did notice was the roundings, a few days ago i found a boost that suposedly was 123,4, but the actual increase was 124, if my char already had, lets say 100,1, that would add up to 223,5 and naturally round to 224, but MAYBE the game round up all floats even that bellow .5 by exess, that may be one of the reasons.

Either way if people balance their stats Dragonborn race seems to be better than half orc.
    In my case:
    Dragonborn=100 000 * [1+(70730/40000)] * 1+(1,72) = 100 000 * 2,768 * 2,72= 752 964 + critic;
    Half-Orc=750 974

• Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Ye, i got some weird findings myself.
    Log on to a DB on preview, activate respec without choosing any boons, remove any insignia, and only have one source of power/crit on, example artifact giving 1K each, you'll see that both stats are actually increased by a bit more than 3%.
    Can't remember for sure, but i think i saw a 3,3% increase.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!