test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Darkness [Xbox 1]

burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PvP Discussion
I have seen this in my combat logs that I check post IWD PvP "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> deals 6000 Physical damage to you with The Darkness" and this pops up usually in increments of three so 18k unmitigatable damage in between swings of whatever is hitting me at that time.

So I asked around from other players on the map what it was and I have gotten two answers 1. It is a SW damage glitch or 2. It is a shadow demon damage glitch; now my issue is when it is popping up there is neither a SW nor a companion there while I'm fighting I'm just getting hit by it and can't figure out what is hitting me with it.

Only theory I have come up with so far is there is a boon or something in my build that is glitched and causing me to take that damage. Also I play a GWF swordmaster destroyer if that helps narrow it down some.
Post edited by burndownxmas#7201 on

Comments

• Options
    drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User

I have seen this in my combat logs that I check post IWD PvP "HAMSTER deals 6000 Physical damage to you with The Darkness" and this pops up usually in increments of three so 18k unmitigatable damage in between swings of whatever is hitting me at that time.

So I asked around from other players on the map what it was and I have gotten two answers 1. It is a SW damage glitch or 2. It is a shadow demon damage glitch; now my issue is when it is popping up there is neither a SW nor a companion there while I'm fighting I'm just getting hit by it and can't figure out what is hitting me with it.

Only theory I have come up with so far is there is a boon or something in my build that is glitched and causing me to take that damage. Also I play a GWF swordmaster destroyer if that helps narrow it down some.

I remember seeing this brought up in another thread... IIRC it is related to the shadow demon companion.

• Options
    drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User

I have seen this in my combat logs that I check post IWD PvP "HAMSTER deals 6000 Physical damage to you with The Darkness" and this pops up usually in increments of three so 18k unmitigatable damage in between swings of whatever is hitting me at that time.

I found it. Here's a link:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225854/companion-abuse-and-other-broken-stuff-in-world-pvp
  • Options
    There might lie my problem I used thayan bastion. Also one of the GWFs I vs had deep gash and claimed it wasn't glitch damage from them -.-
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    The shadow demons broken its says...

"Active Bonus: A Deflection does almost no damage and does 3000/4000/6000 damage to the source of the deflected attack once every 30 seconds. Less damage is returned if your level is less than 70. This cooldown on this effect is reduced to 20 seconds while under the effect of Underdark Mount & Companion Affinity."

But instead of doing any of that when it deflects the hit to proc the bonus a portion of the deflected hit hits you SEVERAL times and appears to be completely unmitigated which can pretty much kill you instantly if you arent full health. This is why classes with high deflect and people that like to exploit wear it in IWD.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    I already know of that exploit, the issue I was having was there were no companions active for either side while I 1v1 the other players. If what @metalldjt holds true I'll reroll my character drop thayan bastion from my build and hopefully stop killing myself from that.
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @burndownxmas#7201

You died to a shadow demon in your opponents active companion bar. The active effect triggers "The Darkness" to pummeled your enemy multiple time times when they deflected one of your attacks. Its a 0 effort glitch that only requires you to buy a shadow demon and slot it, and as @trentbail21 said, essentially any class with deflect can slot it and act like they're winning at PvP. I hope that answers your question.

Also don't count on augmented thayan bastion to fix it, its not something you can control.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    Ah I see, I got very used to PvP disabling active companion bonuses in a match I forgot about slotted companions not needed to physically be out to get the effects.