test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

neverwinter / never win more like

people are expected to do missions in places were there is just no way you can complete them i am level 70 and expected to fight level 71 and up this isnt going to happen you cant get better gear as it doesnt drop nor does required items to improve gear . you can run skirmishes and epic dungeons all day and night you still get nothing so how are you meant to progress there should be a way to go forward in this game and there just isnt

Comments

• thedramacusthedramacus Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    There was a lack of response to this because simply you are doing something wrong, work your way through elemental evil and you will have the gear to do T1s then you will have the gear to do T2s, then you will have the gear to easily help your guild do dragons then you will have the gear to do anything.
    Dramacus 3.1 SW, Raven 2.9 HR, Aurora Shadowbain 2.7 GF, Mirduatas Vras 2.5 DC
    Si Vis Pacem 2.5 DC, Jade Shadowbain 2.4 CW, Para Bellum 1.5 GWF, President Not Sure lvl 69 OP
    Faith Shadowbain lvl 69 DC, Toof Fairy lvl 68 GWF, Arnie Shadowbain lvl 63 GF

Your Credit Card Has Been Declined
  • lionsarered#4865 lionsarered Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Trainee, I know it must seem like the game is pitted against you. For a time, I couldn't adventure around WoD because I'd aggro something and get killed.

Consider though that perhaps your toon's build could be improved/altered? Focus on the acquiring the right mounts, with the right insignias to give a significant stat increase, the right companion (striker, leader, etc) per your toon, and bonding runestones on your summoned companion to increase your own stats (power, crit, armor pen, lifesteal, etc).

I think a lot of the time, the problem players face can be easy fixes that do not require praying a good drop falls in a dungeon. The grind is the grind, its not meant to be quick or easy to get the stuff I spoke about, but if it was easy then the game wouldn't attract the audience it does. Save the AD, and focus on the above items. It's worth it in the end, the struggle and time, because your toon will be that much more improved.

Happy Hunting!
    <p style="color:dark green;"> SHOOT THE CRIT - HR 4234</p>
    <p style="color:dark yellow;">Chilling - DC 2779</p>
    <p style="color:crimson;">Samhain - SW 4200</p>

<b> <p style="color:orange;">Rolling Twenties GH 20</p>
  • posineg#7890 posineg Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Trainee, I know it must seem like the game is pitted against you. For a time, I couldn't adventure around WoD because I'd aggro something and get killed.

Consider though that perhaps your toon's build could be improved/altered? Focus on the acquiring the right mounts, with the right insignias to give a significant stat increase, the right companion (striker, leader, etc) per your toon, and bonding runestones on your summoned companion to increase your own stats (power, crit, armor pen, lifesteal, etc).

I think a lot of the time, the problem players face can be easy fixes that do not require praying a good drop falls in a dungeon. The grind is the grind, its not meant to be quick or easy to get the stuff I spoke about, but if it was easy then the game wouldn't attract the audience it does. Save the AD, and focus on the above items. It's worth it in the end, the struggle and time, because your toon will be that much more improved.

Happy Hunting!

Thanks for the advice... I am not the OP but just a reader.

One issue though, I do not want to be like all the other players. What I mean is that it seems everyone eventually looks similar stat wise and gear wise. I am happy with my build and only wish to get stronger without changing my character into the same build as everyone else.

I have been a 70 for a while, leveled 10+ on top of that and I still cannot be effective on a Epic run. It is just sad that I have to make my character like others to be effective.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    If you are around the mid 60's level, you should be getting stronger by working on boons from sharandar and dread ring, elemental evil and maybe the maze engine campaign. The vault of the nines quest is a good example of level 71 mobs and the quest is offered when you are level 60. I think most people run this in a group if they are still level 60.

The content in the epic dungeon is fairly hard if you your total item level is not much higher than the requirement for entry. There are plenty of sources of gear that is decent and fairly cheap, such as the dusk gear, and drowcraft gear and rings that drop from the underdark skirmishes (another campaign you can chip away at). Save the harder zones, like WoD, IWD etc for after you are better geared.

One day I was thinking about the different combinations you could put into a character, starting with race, class, ability scores, feats and boon plus the different gear and enchants, there are literally millions of different combinations available. I would not worry too much about making a build similar to others, they are guides to how they like to build a particular class. The best thing to do it learn how your skills and feats and powers interact and how to make the best use of what you have.

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    There's nothing to stop you playing a different build to the standards that many people C&P from blogs.
    The thing is, those builds have been fine tuned and studied, and improved over time to squeeze the best bang for your buck.

They are, by their nature, superior to most off the hoof, build as you go, characters.

I decided to go my own way, and after 9 months of tinkering and changing, I found that my TR build was actually very similar to many of those that had been copied from proven builds by long term high IL players.

I've not even looked at any exisiting builds for my new character, (a HR) and he's doing pretty well at 2.8K and surviving most stuff I throw him into, but I have a decent guild and our alliance is actively doing stuff, and frankly if you don't go down the guild route, you are never going to be as powered as someone who does.

Dragon Flight Armour is about as good as it gets, and guild boons can turn a mediocre character into a machine. But neither can be gained without actually being in a guild and actually taking part in guild stuff.

You certainly don't have to build your character by numbers, but if you want to challenge at the end game, you won't be on a level playing field if you don't build smart, and go the guild route.

You will probably need to use at least do one character reroll, probably more over time. This doesn't mean you have to copy someone elses idea, but it means you can redistribute your points to play more effectively at the end game, rather than the distribution you need to GET to the end game. Look carefully at how your feats complement both the skills and powers, and each other.
    You will see ways to combine feats and powers you may well have dismissed when levelling up, into giving some quite devastating effects.

(And you don't need to throw money at it either. In 9 months the only money I've spent was on a couple of ranks of VIP, and 1000 Zen to top up AD traded, so I could get a mount)
  • trainee#1794 trainee Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i managed to work this game out , there isnt a good tut on leveling gear as they speak in jibberish even lfg in game chat is all jibberish but there is some good vids on how best to set up youre chars which i used and i am progressing .Thank you every one who replied i appreciate it