test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simiral artifact wont upgrade

So i got m y artifact up to purple with 7 event refining items now it will only refine using standard stones and no longer shows event refinement items even though i have stacks anyone else have this issue I've raised aticket

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

So i got m y artifact up to purple with 7 event refining items now it will only refine using standard stones and no longer shows event refinement items even though i have stacks anyone else have this issue I've raised aticket

I don't think we can duplicate the issue. It takes 3 spirits for first upgrade and 7 for the second, but you only get one a day and it is day 7. You seem to have found a way to get 10 in 7 days. I know I won't be doing the next upgrade until Saturday, to be able to find out.
  • Options
    orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Once it gets to purple, it no longer uses the winter festival refining things. It then only uses regular refinement stone, etc. that's the way it works.
  • Options
    oublie#2729 oublie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Correct so i have thousands of useless lumens i upgraded early using star things this is obviously a bug
  • Options
    brian#7414 brian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've got the same thing, upgraded early by buying the simiril from the star merchant and you get to epic status and suddenly you can't upgrade. It just doesn't make any sense and no information given up front about it.
  • Options
    chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    After Epic quality, does it allow you to use it as a feeder ?
  • Options
    No, you can't use it as a feeder.
  • Options
    "This item can be refined to epic quality only through special Simril refinement items found during the Simril Festival. This artifact may be further refined to legendary or mythic quality through normal refinement. This artifact cannot be refined into other artifacts regardless of rank."

From the collections page for the Beacon of Simril...
  • Options
    oublie#2729 oublie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks orb that clears that up garbage artifact again
  • Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    After I upgraded mine to epic, my lumens became useless. Its not worth much to sell to merchant and can't put it up for auction. 1 of them is 8 coppers each. It's nice that I could use other refining stones, but they should have still allowed us to use the lumens.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I don't remember ever seeing anything about "After your beacon get to the epic level you can no longer use lumens to upgrade it", perhaps I missed it, but anyway what are players supposed to do with all their left over lumens since they can no longer be used for the beacon?

Thus we have yet another problem with too many items being bound to character IMO.

If these left over lumens weren't Bound to Account I could pass them on to one of my other characters so they could upgrade their beacon, not perfect but better than bound to character...

If they weren't bound at all I could sell them in the auction house for someone else to use (and make a little profit on the side) but as it is every time there is a gift exchange lumens are going to drop and after your beacon has been upgraded to epic, they are pretty much worthless?

I sold 99 lumens to a Simril merchant and received 7 silver and a few coppers for the 99.