Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Key Changes Update

Comments

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Thank you @mimicking#6533
    It's good that you and your team have tried to address two different issues in one shot.
    The first one is related to the so called "keygate" and in principle your announcement covers the request to have a balanced trade-off betwen the consumption of the keys and rewards. Ofc any evaluation about this is postoponed when the change will be available on the preview server.
    The second point - inventory management - is bound to open a Pandora's box :p , but I consider it a "plus" that I was not expecting in the context of the review of the dungeon keys - and thank you for this: I will have 8 more available slots which is not a bad number.
    So for the time being, it's a great QoL improvement with the hope that the same philosophy will be applied to other aspects like the RP items.
    Concenring the RP there are some options to think about imo. Why do we need a big amount of inventory/bank slots? Because we all wait for the 2xRP event. The problem may not be the inventory and all the types of RP items only, but the process as well -> Store -> wait 2+ months -> consume -> store -> wait -> consume and so on.
    I agree: no questions now (even because the title of the post is about dungeon keys and not inventory management), but please consider it for the future.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    grimwagrimwa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How about u provide us with a zen ( unbind token) ? I have lots of useful companions and amounts on my character that i dong need and want to transfere it to my other character.. So providing us with a token that can unbind them would be cooool
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Now that you are looking at this, your team should look at profession tab too. We are full in resources or assests since long time ago. What if some items like fasion are claimable from collections? This should be a not so big change and would help too
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I'll reserve judgement until the changes arrive on preview; seeing as what the playerbase requests and what Cryptic give, rarely synchronise.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Could we possibly put other things besides keys in that "Useful Items" tab? Things like fishing poles (which most people have 2 of), our boat for SoMI, maybe a few other items that everyone has to carry on them at all times?

Now now, I said no questions- far too close to Christmas to be asking such questions :)
    Mimicvs Rex
    @mimicking#6533

I promise i an not asking for anything.
    Just a little, how would you say it.. food for thoughts ?

Wardrobe Useful Items tab o.o

( I have around 2 and a half of runic bags of holding full of fashion items.
    I am hamstering them , since to me they are as important as mounts and companions. And that is only the basic fashion items. Not counting in the masterwoking i still need to get. )

So could you maybe , just maybe just think about it ?
    ( Again, not asking for it. Just you know.. pointing at it. )

Have a happy holiday and nice X mas. And thank you for all the effort.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    grimwa said:

How about u provide us with a zen ( unbind token) ? I have lots of useful companions and amounts on my character that i dong need and want to transfere it to my other character.. So providing us with a token that can unbind them would be cooool

All companions and mounts should be bound account.

• Options
    trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Key ring and qol improvements are very nice, I look forward to not spending and hr a day cleaning out my bank. I am more interested in improved drop rates. I think the future of this game depends on it . I remain cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    You all do realize that they will give us a "Keyring" although we will be losing a key every time we open a dungeon chest. So basically they will in the end give us only one slot free in our bag. The one for Epic Dungeon Keys, beacuse the other we will use up rather fast.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    vida44 said:

You all do realize that they will give us a "Keyring" although we will be losing a key every time we open a dungeon chest. So basically they will in the end give us only one slot free in our bag. The one for Epic Dungeon Keys, beacuse the other we will use up rather fast.

You can stack these keys. I usually stack a few so I won't be waiting to produce one if I do multiple runs. It's a step in the right direction.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Alas, dear @mimicking#6533 , we won't see a central key management.
    We will have to go through the stupid, crappy campaign UI to create and collect the keys.
    Which is partially terribly bugged. Like the key for Kessel Run is totally overlapping with the "create frozen treasure" icon.

There is no indication I can see that a key is finished from production apart from the campaign icon lighting up. But which campaign?

I appreciate the attempt, but in my opinion you failed.
    Rather than moving the 14 keys to a different tab you should have moved the game unbalancing fashion to the seperate tab, or, even better, the whole refinement HAMSTER. But that would not have looked like a "we try to help you" but actually make it worse.
    SOMI 10.6 - moved 14 keys from bag to seperate UI, introduced 25 items for refining. Thank you very much for your help! Net loss 11 inventory space, but hey, we tried!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Everything that 'unlocks' the ability to do something needs to be outta our inventory and have a separate 'infinite' tab. This includes Picks, Boats, Shovels, etc... The inventory should be used only for stuff that we can actively 'use'.

Also, please PLEASE remove BtC RP items (convert 'em to BtA), it'll save a PUPPY load of slots.

Also, @mimicking#6533, please expand our Profession bags...
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    While we're asking for stuff... how about making overload enchants with full time stack, and allowing us to wipe "extra" refine points so enchantments and runestones we refine up will stack.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

While we're asking for stuff... how about making overload enchants with full time stack, and allowing us to wipe "extra" refine points so enchantments and runestones we refine up will stack.

We are not really asking for stuff. <<

This is all illusions and smoke and mirrors .
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

First, I like to say that this is a step in a general right direction. For so long the issues of chest and keys as been an ongoing drama in this game.

But, as has happened so many times in the past, something promised to the player community, is often not was transpires. So, on that note, I will hold my thanks to see what actually comes about with the new loot tables and drop rates.

As for the keys, and this new inventory addition, I was pleasantly surprised to read about that. This can go a long way to help inventory management for people, and is a nice building block for future QoL improvements like with fashion, transmutes, or what not.

So, this is for hoping that the "keygate" can be put behind us and that we can make progress to a better game.

Have a happy holiday to you and your staff @mimicking#6533. :)
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

Thank you for taking the time to update us, and to give us some positive news, it is greatly appreciated!

That proposed change(s), seems pretty snazzy, and the possibility of new gear...

Is always good news, so that is pretty darn awesome also! :)

@mimicking#6533

Thank you for the update. However, we haven't received a real christmas gift yet. What if you give us a riddle or something similar that will hint us a bit about the new module or an incoming feature? Just to increase the hype.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    While you are making the key ring - please look into how long it takes to MAKE a key. And possibly decrease the amount of daily junk needed to make one - we should be able to do the daily quests in an area and make 2 keys quickly. If I want to run VT, I should be able to run my Dread Ring then make 2 keys to run it twice once I'm done with my daily quests.

Add in a Wardrobe as well - I've discarded so much fashion stuff that I would rather have kept for the fun of it. I also don't farm or pay for fashion since I don't have anywhere to put it.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @mimicking

Why not List the new loot tables/ item descriptions and their drop chance you should be happy to brag and show us these things right ?? since you have been working soooo hard on new treasure loot with 2.5 devs as you stated ...

thats what we really want to see here stop getting distracted by extra bag space guys lol

Where are the loot tables and drop chances listed that justify keys changes now or are they just going to be released without our feedback arbitrarily ....cause you know deadlines and all blah blah .... ??
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    A simple solution would be to make bags customizable. One could simply click on the bag and change bag name, view contents, pick up and placed in a bank slots, etc.

If I had the opportunity to rename a bag to say "enchantments" and able to put it (full or not) in the bank...I will love the devs forever!
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

A simple solution would be to make bags customizable. One could simply click on the bag and change bag name, view contents, pick up and placed in a bank slots, etc.

If I had the opportunity to rename a bag to say "enchantments" and able to put it (full or not) in the bank...I will love the devs forever!

From a programming standpoint, containers in containers is a HORRIBLE idea. Lots of chances for the pointers to get lost/mixed up.

From a game standpoint, it would be great, though.

• Options
    truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    FASHION CLOSET

Yes, I know it sounds silly. Yes, I know this sounds useless. However, bear with me a moment. For each fashion outfit you wish to wear you have to dedicate three slots in your inventory. Even if you have the runic bags, this will eat up your inventory in a hurry. There are tons of outfits in the store, every event comes with an outfit, in fact most major events come with two or three outfits. The Liars Masquerade comes with a bunch of masks to wear as well. Some of us really like to change the outfits on our toons on a regular basis.

Here is how it could (read should) work.

1. The closet should have three tabs. One for each slot
    2. All available clothing outfits should be displayed in each tab.
    3. All pieces should be shown in a locked state, but you should be able to preview each item.
    4. As each new piece of fashion is equipped it should then be unlocked.
    5. Players should be able to test out pieces from all three tabs with a preview model on their toon, with the option to save any changes as they go or when they are finished.
    6. Saving will only work for unlocked items.
    Here are some optional ideas that could be nice (future) additions.
    1. The closet is an account wide unlock (meaning get item on any character unlocks on all). (Possibly for a small zen fee.)
    2. Upgrades to clothing much like the insignias for the horses.
    3. Possible small set bonuses.
    4. A companions closet where different sets of clothing for similar racial classes. (IE no dog clothes on humans or vice-versa.
    5. Ability to where a companions outfit.
    6. Special fashion items for our companions. (Yes, I actually dress up my pets for Halloween, and would like to see this in game!)
    A few other hopeful thoughts:
    How about a bag for USELESS ITEMS. These would include all the various "toys" which we can collect. I have three water toys, thrones (already mentioned), plus other things I cant think of off hand.

A special tab for "required" quest items that can stack up in a hurry!

A special Zen stone of health. This one can hold up to say five thousand charges, and can be recharged by feeding it other smaller Health Stones. Ideally this item should be a new slot on the belt.

The refinement, and the profession items have already been addressed.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Thank you @mimicking#6533
    It's good that you and your team have tried to address two different issues in one shot.
    The first one is related to the so called "keygate" and in principle your announcement covers the request to have a balanced trade-off betwen the consumption of the keys and rewards. Ofc any evaluation about this is postoponed when the change will be available on the preview server.

i cant find the original post of the statement, but mk somewhere mentioned, that svardborg already has the improved lootsystem.
    sry, but in 19, out of 20 chests, spending the key still isnt worth the loot (not even close).
    making the rings charakterbound even made it worse, because i cant use defense rings for my alts.

some will say something like: stop crying, grass is always greener on the other side, but it doesnt really matter, because in this case, only the personal view is important.

for me, and my dropluck (NOT), removing the peak function will drive the game into a dead end, if key/drop value ratio remains as it is.

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Also the key you :Craft: in the campaign only unlocks 1 chest (fbi ) not SVA and its 3 chests this is Hamster |
    the description clearly states its for valuable loot chests *plural* no just one

THE KEY YOU CRAFT NEEDS TO BE FIXED TO WORK WITH ALL CHESTS IN THE CAMPAIGN !!!
    IT TAKE 20 HOURS TO MAKE AND VANDERBLOOD RESOURCES ...AND THEN IT DOES NOT UNLOCK THE 3 HIGH VALUABLES CHESTS IN THE FINAL RAID CONTRARY TO WHAT IS STATED IN THE KEY CREATION DESCRIPTION

i THOUGHT THE DEVS WERE ALL ABOUT ALTERNATIVE METHODS TO OPEN EARN AND GRIND /UNLOCK CHESTS .....?
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

Also the key you :Craft: in the campaign only unlocks 1 chest (fbi ) not SVA and its 3 chests this is Hamster |
    the description clearly states its for valuable loot chests *plural* no just one

THE KEY YOU CRAFT NEEDS TO BE FIXED TO WORK WITH ALL CHESTS IN THE CAMPAIGN !!!
    IT TAKE 20 HOURS TO MAKE AND VANDERBLOOD RESOURCES ...AND THEN IT DOES NOT UNLOCK THE 3 HIGH VALUABLES CHESTS IN THE FINAL RAID CONTRARY TO WHAT IS STATED IN THE KEY CREATION DESCRIPTION

i THOUGHT THE DEVS WERE ALL ABOUT ALTERNATIVE METHODS TO OPEN EARN AND GRIND /UNLOCK CHESTS .....?

I agree completely. Having the key you craft in the campaign unable to open the chests at the end of the campaign (Svardborg) is ridiculous. Especially considering you can only make one per day. Would allowing them to be used in Svardborg really be that much of an issue?
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    @litaaers It was hoop dreams to think they would allow containers (bags) to be customized and placed into another container (bank) for space savings...and thank you for understanding where I was going and articulating it better!

I do like the "key ring" and hopes this is the first steps of many of QoL changes!
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Thanks for the information, even in teaser form, it is appreciated. The key chain sound good as well.

As far as refinement wasting bag space, I feel like the real issue is having both Character and Account bound plus unbound of several of the types. Maybe we could just do away with the character bound refinement, the stones are not worth much RP especially the grey and green ones.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    First ty for working on these issues, much appreciated!

I had hoped all the bonus chest keys would simply be merged into a single stackable key type = Bonus Chest Key. They could be crafted via different campaigns using campaign currency but all stackable in a single stack.

Oh well, ty again though I do OK forward to improved loot tables and better rewards ty for that.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Hope the devs realize this change is make or break to some. Don't fawn this up!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    vida44 said:

I don't know about your key situation but I counted how many slots my main can save last night. The number is 13. Most of my alt can save from 6 to 10 slots.

On the other hand, based on my experience, I think if they can give us back 13 slots, they will occupy 26 slots from my inventory through other means later.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    haha nice update