test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best Companion Forma Great Weapon Fighter?

wayne#8013 wayne Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I want to know the best companion I can use as a great weapon fighter. Im currently using and alchemist experimenter with 3 perfect bondings since all of his slots are offensive. I know your all going to recommed the fire archon but ide rather not use him since its already extremely common to see. Ive looked into the black dragon ioun stone but im not sure an augment companion will give me companions gift. Please post all of the top choices please and thank you! :)
Wayne Whitex - Xbox account
Lord White - 15.2k GWF
The One - 12.2k DC
Mystic Dawn - Guild

Comments

• Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    blink dog or shadow demon :-)
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    augments won't give you companions gift since they don't attack.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I want to know the best companion I can use as a great weapon fighter. Im currently using and alchemist experimenter with 3 perfect bondings since all of his slots are offensive. I know your all going to recommed the fire archon but ide rather not use him since its already extremely common to see. Ive looked into the black dragon ioun stone but im not sure an augment companion will give me companions gift. Please post all of the top choices please and thank you! :)

Sellsword. Seriously, I can't reccomend this enough.

3x Offense slots, a 10% debuff, no ring slots, and is available for 5 Gold pieces (but you need to drop some AD for your Sellsword to get the upgrade).

I know it doesn't boost your personal DPS as a Fire Archon would do, but it's (somewhat) different, has similar slots, and helps out your team.

There actually was a thread for this in the GWF specific fourms, so you can take a look there.

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I've used Shadow Demon alot, and he's great. He's got 3 offense slots and does plenty om damage on his own.