test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue syncing: how does it happen?

nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
Hi all,

I have read more than a couple of comments of players claiming to observe Q-syncing in PvP matches. Although I am baffled at someone wanting to do this (the assumption would be that the sync-ers would on purpose prefer to have a "not fun" match than a fun/balanced one, which sounds ridiculous), I am also curious at how one does this. Do Q-syncers chat in a party and say "push Accept now" or something like that, and this automatically puts them in the same party? Or do they wait until 5/10 have accepted the instance to only accept then? Or somehow else? Or is it all just speculation that this is actually possible?
Nezdin (DC)
Aelan Icebleed (CW)

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I have no idea but I don't think most people would admit to doing it anyway.
    I aim to misbehave
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    i stopped doing it i use regular domi in this domi event if i want go with friends.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Panderus October 20:
    "Real quick, ELO is not influenced by KDAs at all. ELO is influenced by whether you won or lost the match and how your opponents and your team's ELO was ranked against your own. For instance, a high ELO team crushing a low ELO team can still lose ELO points... weird.

The main reason our matchmaking doesnt work as well as we would like is we prioritize getting players in and playing over waiting for the perfect match. That and just needing way more players doing the activity at the same time."

Matchmaking, whether Solo or Regular Domi is based "loosely" off ELO. If the matchmaking can't make a match in a specified amount of time it simply takes the next available player. Thus if you Q simultaneously with guildmates it's a possibility you'll be on the same team. As Panderus said, because of the lack of playerbase ELO is inaccurate thus normally 2 players from, say, a PVP guild would be in a similar ELO bracket, if it were working, and would more likely end up against each other. However, because ELO is inaccurate you are just as likely to get them on your team as you are to wind up facing them.

I'll repeat this again, because it's always mentioned in game when multiple players from the same guild wind up on the same team, any PVPers I know are NOT trying to "sync Q's". I've solo Q'd into friends on my team as well as against what looked like a PM of 3/5 of my guildmates. It was not done intentionally, it's just a shoddy Q system for the number of players on the server.

What IS being done is when players are particularly bad or not listening to directions they'll be vote kicked in favor of a better player. This is working as intended as you shouldn't be saddled with a player who won't leave campfire or stand on a node.

Thanks for your time.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    When its solo que and you want to more then likely get a few buddies more then likely on your side have them que up at the exact same time as you and see if it goes to waiting for map. For some reason solo que playlist still respects guild affliations quite often.

Now... if you do this your a complete coward and should be punished somehow but thats up to the devs how they handle this. Its not really solo queing if you sync que solo que. Your quite literally trying to kill pvp at this point if you do this.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Ask @sh00termcl0vin, he can tell you how he gets a 5-man to queue sync into a solo queue match.
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

But how can you tell that you'll end up in the same team?

You don't have to the algorithm at least on xbox heavily favors you getting on the same team if are guild mates or friends its quite silly.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @xsayajinx1 sometimes it doesnt matter if they all make it onto the same team--they dont end up fighting each other anyway and ultimately work against you. I ran into a well-known 5-man premade in solo queue where 4 were on the enemy team and one on mine... The one on my team was clearly relaying locations as the other 4 repeatedly homed in on a random stealthed TR hiding off node. The one person on my team was also the only one 'allowed' to cap nodes. This same person also raced ahead of this poor random TR who popped ITC while 1v5 to swipe a potion before the TR could get to it. In reality, its equivalent to a 1v6.

Of course comments along the lines of the following were being cheering from the premade team camping our spawn:

"you guys suck and cant even cap a node"

"look at you at the campfire"

"you have no friends"

"you're obsessed with me"

"all of you on that team suck except (premade player who wound up on our team)"

Haha!!
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@xsayajinx1 sometimes it doesnt matter if they all make it onto the same team--they dont end up fighting each other anyway and ultimately work against you. I ran into a well-known 5-man premade in solo queue where 4 were on the enemy team and one on mine... The one on my team was clearly relaying locations as the other 4 repeatedly homed in on a random stealthed TR hiding off node. The one person on my team was also the only one 'allowed' to cap nodes. This same person also raced ahead of this poor random TR who popped ITC while 1v5 to swipe a potion before the TR could get to it. In reality, its equivalent to a 1v6.

Of course comments along the lines of the following were being cheering from the premade team camping our spawn:

"you guys suck and cant even cap a node"

"look at you at the campfire"

"you have no friends"

"you're obsessed with me"

"all of you on that team suck except (premade player who wound up on our team)"

Haha!!

its my girlfriend i dont hit her otherwise no bip if i kill her hahahaha
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    LOL. It's not hard to q-sync and well... it is what it is. Coding it out of the game is not worth the effort. Obviously it is easier to request than to fulfill. I have benefited directly and indirectly or been destroyed. Oh well, the game goes on.

LOL, and no one is a coward for a successful q-sync, get a life clown!
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    > @d4rkh0rs3 said:

> "you're obsessed with me"

I am going to take a wild guess and say that came from Merciless