test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Everfrost damage in PvP?

kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
Has anyone tried the new Frosted Glyphs in PvP? Does Tenacity protect against the EverFrost damage? It appears the Frosted Lethal and Frosted Smiting Glyphs each have the ability to inflict up to 8000 Everfrost damage (and presumably you could use both glyphs at once?). It's bad enough I need to worry about EF Resistance to get into FBI/SVA ... do we need to worry about it in PvP too?
PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader

Comments

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Oh my, haha, I wouldn't be surprised
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    null
    Worst part of that idea they'll probably wanna put that PvP EF gear on the zen market
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Some other HAMSTER that the same group of PvP trolls will exploit to stomp even harder. Nice.
  • Options
    - You have 2 slots for glyphs.
    - It means that you can slot 2xglyphs, so the damage you're talking about is doubled. You probably forgot to mention it. So we're talking about either 16k or 14.5k damage total at 10 stacks.
    - Also, it's burst damage (it's all released at once).
    - Also, what you might want to consider, in a PvP scenario where stompers come from PvP guilds and form premades, is the fact that these guys usually coordinate their attacks. Because yeah, PvP is team-based. So, for a coordinated premade, it's, for example, easy to focus one target (healer, tank, stronger enemy player) with additional stacked everfrost (piercing) damage.
    - This adds up to existing overperforming piercing damage from combat HRs and TR's 1-shot Shocking Execution builds. So again, in a team based game it's easier for a coordinated team (usually not pug teams but premades) to coordinate and "pierce-to-death" whoever they want.
    - Every player from PvP guilds, or any exped PvPer now has everfrost shirt/pants. It's not the case for pug teams (zero mitigation).
    - Adds up more piercing damage, creating even more gap between classes with a dodge, and classes with no dodge. Classes with no dodge cannot avoid everfrost damage at all, while classes with a dodge, which usually also dodge a lot due to faster stamina regeneration, have at least a chance to dodge it (a higher chance for dodge-spamming classes/builds).
    - In PvE it does nothing for damage. The impact on PvE DPS in laughable. So these glyphs, as you can see, mainly fit into PvP due to the factors considered above.

*this is called "discussing" a matter. It happens when you post considerations about a matter. When you disagree or when you test something and want to share your experience, you can post it without insulting or trolling the other posters. You might want to learn how to do it properly. You can also express your opinion/ experience without cheap troll attempts :-) It's how adults usually discuss. Believe me!
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Anyone want to take bets on how long before everfrost resist pvp gear shows up in the game?

Why would you go all in on David Pumpkins cryptic????

• Options
    edited December 2016
    BiS shirt and pants with reinforce can give some everfrost resistance and they are currently BiS for PvP too.
    As i said...those glyphs, the way they are designed now, work like this: you slot 2 different glyphs. They can cumulate 10 stacks and release 800x10=8k damage each. Considering you can slot 2 different glyphs, it's 16k total for each player.
    It means that 5 players coordinating on, let's say, the enemy DC or OP, can deal up to 16k*5=80k piercing damage. Take away 10% of the toon has some everfrost from shirt/pants.
    Add the usual combat HR or TR shocking execution to the mix and the ability to focus an high priority target with piercing damage becomes quite powerful. And i don't have to repeat which teams usually coordinate enough to do this...
    So if you look at them by a PvE point of view or thinking about 1v1 in PvP, they don't have a big impact. But from another point of view, they can be stacked enough in PvP to bring down a tank toon in seconds through stacked piercing damage from multiple sources.

Just a guess. We'll see, but i don't think it was needed.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Actually on a second thought, it doesn't matter even if a coordinated attack can do 160 000 EF dmg to a single toon. It doesn't matter if the devs release EF resistant pvp armor. PVP is dead, nothing they break or fix will change that(as those of us who have been here awhile know broken overloads have been released, are being released and will be released). Pugs will continue to get slaughtered and a handful of PVP guild premades will continue to troll all queues. The end.
    Post edited by emilemo on
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    why not u guys test out the glyph before commenting.. cus this glyph is really useless....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Or people who got the time to test the glyphs can just post how they work without trolling. It's been specified that these are just hypotesis derived from glyph description. No "misleading information". But you never posted how they worked until your last post (10 stacks being the max even with multiple glyphs). People (not just the evil pando83) just saw in the past how "some PvP players" exploit every broken item, so it's normal if we're suspicious about new items. You can just post your experience without the cheap trolling attempts.

On the other side, you keep up with some cheap troll attempts. Even the mod in the other thread told us all how there was no way to say who was right or wrong, we simply have different opinions. Which is what i also said while you and your buddy, on the other side, tried to belittle me to say that your experience was the only one to take into account. As i said in the other thread, the difference is, i never tried to belittle you or your experience in game. The only ones who started to troll were you and your buddy. And you keepTalking about putting words in someone's mouth:

"mimimi Solo Q is gone" "I can't stomp PvE pugs anymore" "Have to face PvP guys now"

I already explained enough how i play PvP to prove these statements of yours are false, but you are on a troll rampage since i didn't allineate with your idea about soloQ, so keep trolling, i'll just ignore you. You became just a cheap troll. Icy can confirm that in soloQ i was on my 2.5k HR fighting him at 2 the for big part of the match, ad it was fun (even if he killed me a lot XD). So it's quite funny when you write the above stuff. Makes you kinda look even more like a cheap troll.

So i'll just ignore you from now on.

@Icy: i'll try to test them but can't do it now because i've little time to play, didn't get to them in the campaign and have still to farm a ton of stuff for new weapons, and these glyphs are sold for 65k in AH. Which is weird considering that it seems they are not really useful. Why are they sold so high? O.o
  • Options
    Nothing got "debunked". In the other tread it was steted by other players and even by a mod in the end, that we got different points of view but there was no real way to say which was the right one. Only you and your buddy kept trying to badmouth me to force your opinion. Which is what you did in this thread too. And i debunked your attempt with my last post, quoting you.

About this matter instead:
    i didn't start the thread. I simply expressed the same doubts as other posters in this thread
    i don't have a problem admitting when i am wrong, and it's what i did here

The reason why i won't reply again to you is just because you do not just post your ideas/ experience, but you specifically try to troll me and write false statements about me, as shown above. I prefer to discuss with adults, not with trolls.

Have a good day sir.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Yeah better ignore me since your "discussing" went wrong and you got disproven. Misleading information of yours and PvP guild bashing got busted.

Have a nice day Sir.

Edit: image

This is me solo, there are weird interactions to double/triple procc them.

Yup... I just tested as well. They seem to be proccing on nearby things that have no stacks on them at all... but record zero damage when it happens. However... they do not stack independently for each glyph you have slotted. 10 stacks of Froststrike at the end of 20 seconds, and it goes off. So double glyphs do not create double stacks. 8000 is the max damage a target will get when it goes off... not 16000.

It will also stack it on targets in an AoE... which is expected.

I am slotting both the Lethal and Smiting frosted glyph in this shot. While the 8000 EF damage potential is handy, its not unbalanced... the 1000 power and 1000 crit bonus you get is far more useful.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I am slotting both the Lethal and Smiting frosted glyph in this shot. While the 8000 EF damage potential is handy, its not unbalanced... the 1000 power and 1000 crit bonus you get is far more useful.

Thanks for testing this Aimee - I'd still be interested to know if two people with these things can get it to proc twice. Maybe we can try that next time you and I are on ...
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
  • Options

So in PvE it's 8k on each target you hit? Would make sense.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    pando83 said:

So in PvE it's 8k on each target you hit? Would make sense.
    Well its 8K if you can stack 10 times on each target within 20 seconds... at the end of 20 seconds the stacks go off and deliver the damage.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit