test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SKT campaign store prices

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Has anyone figured out yet how the tasks in the SKT campaign affect prices in the campaign store?

I wonder if it's cheaper to buy the Everfrost Chauses 3% (purple) immediately after unlocking them or rater first spend the 1850 VB to upgrade the shop more.

Long question short:
How do the tasks in the campaign window influence the campaign store?
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!

Comments

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Lowering the prices would only be worth it, if you plan on buying a lot of stuff for AH trading. They may have done some adjustments since I tried it, but the price of lowering the cost, was higher than what I saved on the purple underwear items.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    If you need/want the gear to help get the Everfrost Resistance needed to get into FBI or the new raid, then buy them straight away. The price for each item only drops to 3700 VB after you've completed all the unlocks, so you wont be saving anything in terms of VB but you will be waiting 10 to 20 extra days if you unlock the other levels first.
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Trowels drop from 140 to 120 to 100 after upgrading
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    It's worth to upgrade stores if you do SKT stuff a lot and always get voninblood cap. Borax and Dragon Shell Oil cost 8,000 voninblood with all the stores 3/3...but they cost around 20,000-25,000 without the max store upgrades.
    IF you plan to restore FBI gear for more than one toon or if you want to make some AD on AH, you should definitely do the upgrades. I sold around 40 greater everfrost resistance kits yesterday for 720,000 AD...but there is always someone to "f**k with the market, and they were being sold for 18-20k, and now they are being sold for 12k ^^
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2016

but there is always someone to Meet demand with supply, and they were being sold for 18-20k, and now they are being sold for 12k ^^

Fixed that for ya!
    litaaers said:

but there is always someone to Meet demand with supply, and they were being sold for 18-20k, and now they are being sold for 12k ^^

Fixed that for ya!
    Oh thanks you are so sweet. It will be very nice when you try to sell your bonding r12 for 4.4M (the price nowadays) and then someone puts it for 3M, and then other 10 more put for 3M because they were kinda "forced" to put that price because of the first who put for 3M. You will just lose 1.4M...if you think that's nice, up to you ^^
    edited December 2016

litaaers said:

Fixed that for ya!
    Oh thanks you are so sweet. It will be very nice when you try to sell your bonding r12 for 4.4M (the price nowadays) and then someone puts it for 3M, and then other 10 more put for 3M because they were kinda "forced" to put that price because of the first who put for 3M. You will just lose 1.4M...if you think that's nice, up to you ^^
    1) No bondings here. I win them, and sell them to others. Too risky if they get changed.

2) You don't *lose* 1.4M... you just don't realize it. If you want to force the price level, buy up the lower priced ones, and re-price them at 4.4M.

3) "the price nowadays"? That's only the price is someone is willing to pay it. If demand was hot, it would have sold as soon as it was put up. If it didn't, that's not the price right now. 3M isn't either, or you wouldn't see *those* listings either.

4) Prices rise and fall. Frozen companion packs went from cheap to 70k. They will fall again, and rise again. Hold your inventory til its high again, and you won't "lose" AD.

If a person isn't patient, they aren't a vendor. If they aren't a vendor, they're a speculator. Speculators whine when someone else finds their 'niche', vendors find *another* niche. QED.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

litaaers said:

Fixed that for ya!
    For the same logic, you made me to lose 2M because when you put that for 4.4M, I put that for 6.4M already.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited December 2016
    "If a person isn't patient, they aren't a vendor. If they aren't a vendor, they're a speculator. Speculators whine when someone else finds their 'niche', vendors find *another* niche. QED."

That's exactly what I meant. You said someone met demand with supply. There were like 200 armor kits for 18-20k ad, then a non-vendor desperate to get ad put them for 12k...but nobody bought, then another "non-vendors" couldn't wait or buy his kits for 12k, and then suddenly there were like 50 kits for 12k too. I would be a non-vendor if I had just put the kits for 12k, but no, I just saved the kits and I'm waiting.

Usually when I get some blood rubies I try to sell them, let's say for 40k (the minimum price listed by the time I try to sell them). Then a dude comes and put them for 32k, another for 31k, another for 28k. I just buy them all and put to sell for 40k.

In my opinion, huge undercuts mean a person desperate to sell something. It happens, yes...but there are a lot of impatient people after the undercut dude who can't wait, and they don't realize because of their impatience they just dropped the item price by 50%.
    But they didn't drop the price. There is no *price*, it is what the people will pay at that point in time. If yours is listed for 40k, and they list for 32k, you buy theirs and relist it for 40k. Even after the AH cut, you make 4k.

Also, I don't see anyone complaining that the same thing happened to Coalescent Wards. Due to the Black Friday sale, anyone with Zen bought them at 600 Zen (300,000 AD). The current offers on the AH right now are 2 1/2 pages of 438k-450k, with the rest going no higher than 560k, which was a low figure a month before the sale. These will STILL sell at a profit, and no one is saying 'I'm *losing* 110kAD!'.

Also, not all underprices are 'non-vendors' Some people choose to lower the price, and make the difference up in volume, And its a valid strategy, because while they have less AD for their sale, you have none, as you didn't sell.

The moral is: The *price* is what the market will bear. If you NEED the AD, then you shouldn't be selling the item. Hold it until someone wants it, and the price rises to the level you desire. If you don't want to wait, then who, sir, is the impatient non-vendor?

Thank you. I'm here til Thursday. Try the veal, and be sure to tip your servers!

"If a person isn't patient, they aren't a vendor. If they aren't a vendor, they're a speculator. Speculators whine when someone else finds their 'niche', vendors find *another* niche. QED."

That's exactly what I meant. You said someone met demand with supply. There were like 200 armor kits for 18-20k ad, then a non-vendor desperate to get ad put them for 12k...but nobody bought, then another "non-vendors" couldn't wait or buy his kits for 12k, and then suddenly there were like 50 kits for 12k too. I would be a non-vendor if I had just put the kits for 12k, but no, I just saved the kits and I'm waiting.

Usually when I get some blood rubies I try to sell them, let's say for 40k (the minimum price listed by the time I try to sell them). Then a dude comes and put them for 32k, another for 31k, another for 28k. I just buy them all and put to sell for 40k.

In my opinion, huge undercuts mean a person desperate to sell something. It happens, yes...but there are a lot of impatient people after the undercut dude who can't wait, and they don't realize because of their impatience they just dropped the item price by 50%.

I don't know if I agree with you or not because I may be another breed. I usually don't undercut. I 'uppercut'. i.e. I usually price 15 to 20% over the lowest price. The return by mail rate is about only 20% or lower.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited December 2016
    litaaers said:

But they didn't drop the price. There is no *price*, it is what the people will pay at that point in time. If yours is listed for 40k, and they list for 32k, you buy theirs and relist it for 40k. Even after the AH cut, you make 4k.

Also, I don't see anyone complaining that the same thing happened to Coalescent Wards. Due to the Black Friday sale, anyone with Zen bought them at 600 Zen (300,000 AD). The current offers on the AH right now are 2 1/2 pages of 438k-450k, with the rest going no higher than 560k, which was a low figure a month before the sale. These will STILL sell at a profit, and no one is saying 'I'm *losing* 110kAD!'.

Also, not all underprices are 'non-vendors' Some people choose to lower the price, and make the difference up in volume, And its a valid strategy, because while they have less AD for their sale, you have none, as you didn't sell.

The moral is: The *price* is what the market will bear. If you NEED the AD, then you shouldn't be selling the item. Hold it until someone wants it, and the price rises to the level you desire. If you don't want to wait, then who, sir, is the impatient non-vendor?

Thank you. I'm here til Thursday. Try the veal, and be sure to tip your servers!

I always wait, Mr. Litaaers. Sometimes I keep items for 1 week on my bags to sell them more expensive later.
    I just don't think it's a nice move to lower the price drastically, that's all, it's a matter of opinion.

But, that's not the point and the matter of the topic, so...

I always wait, Mr. Litaaers. Sometimes I keep items for 1 week on my bags to sell them more expensive later.
    I just don't think it's a nice move to lower the price drastically, that's all, it's a matter of opinion.

One week? I bought Coal wards with the intention to sell them in April. I my part with them sooner, if the Zen Exchange gets a little bit less backed up.
    litaaers said:

One week? I bought Coal wards with the intention to sell them in April. I my part with them sooner, if the Zen Exchange gets a little bit less backed up.
    I beat you. I have many stack of r4 that I bought in Jan. I push some out last night.
    It was bought for 950 AD. I sold it for over 9000 AD. :)

litaaers said:

I beat you. I have many stack of r4 that I bought in Jan. I push some out last night.
    It was bought for 950 AD. I sold it for over 9000 AD. :)
    Now THERE'S a VENDOR!!!

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    It's as plain as the nose on your face. Support Bryn Shander - prices go DOWN, support Lonelywood - prices go DOWN, Support Cold Run - prices go DOWN, Support Elk Tribe - prices go DOWN. Any Questions??
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Why I am asking is the orginal price for the greater frost causes (purple) is 4800 VB in a "SKT virgin" store.
    On another toon, after 1 upgrade of the "Supply Elk Tribe" the price is 2400 VB.
    after a second upgrade the price went down to 2000 VB.

I try to find out how the gap between the 4800 to 2400 got crossed.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!