test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Lv25 Jewelcrafting question.

yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
Are the "Adamant Personalised" pieces of gear worth the effort?

I'm asking because by the morning I'll be able to start working towards it, but I don't want to waste Dragon Eggs on it if it's not as good as Drowcraft gear.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Hey Yiazzy :smiley:

The good thing about them is they are double slotted which means when you add the stats up for 2 enchantments plus 394 power and 394 recovery (or) armor pen they add quite a bit.

Obviously it depends on what you're going for (stats wise) but I always find them useful for characters below 3k that haven't gained enough stats from other sources yet.

The Drowcraft rings equal the same number of stats on the ring but with a different distribution but the extra slot makes the difference.

I've used them on all characters until I get to a position where a Rising or Sudden ring becomes preferable.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Shoulda known! :lol: Morning!

The two slots is exactly why I wanted them, but I guess it's down to stat preference after all. Got plenty of R8s to throw on I guess. To the Professions menu!
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    The necklaces and belts can be great on companions that don't have ring slots, and open up a bit more option for variation.
    With my TR I got to a point where I almost felt obliged to use a 3 ring companion just for the Companions Gift bonuses, but using a few double slot personalised belts and necklaces allowed me to stick with others. Of course if you want the "Sudden" bonuses, then rings are the only option, but as soon as my HR gets his L25 Jewelry I'll be looking at re-arming my Neverember Guard Archer with Bondings and putting the Battlerager back in his box.
  • Options
    I was going to make them for my SW, but I guess for companions they'd be very useful too. Of course I've got every slot covered atm.

For the Wayward Wizard though, as an example, does Artificing give a similar double slotted Talisman at L25 or...?

(I'm not using that comp, just curious)
  • Options
    Off the top of my head, I'm fairly sure that the two slot "personalised" gear is Jewel Crafting only. There are powerful alternatives Adorable Talismans have two slots but they're pretty rare and expensive.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a look at the gamepedia page after posting that...nothing so extravagant unfortunately.

I've seen the Ring of Adorable Bites quite a lot in the Trade Chat recently, but I never have enough diamonds for anything, and I avoid the trade chat like the plague. Some people are too rude...
  • Options
    Just had a look on AH...
    The only two Adorable Talismans on there are Bites. (521 Pow, 348 Crit 2 Offence slots...)
    They cost 12 & 15 million AD.

Bugger that...
  • Options
    ...my whole 15k AD hoard cries at the prices on there :/

On the plus, got another Gemmed Adamant Ring in the works. Well, 60% chance of it anyway...
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    If you're short on AD you can use a Mulhorand as a temporary talisman. They only have one enchantment slot but decent stats.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Thanks man, but the Wayward Wizard was just an example to ask about Artificing Masterwork. I don't use that Common chap ;)

I'm using;
    Rimefire Golem
    Air Archon
    Water Archon
    Wererat Thief
    Skeletal Dog

So mostly, it's all necks, waists and rings anyway!
  • Options
    How are you fixed for bonding runestones?
  • Options
    One. I have one Bonding stone.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Make getting the next two a priority.
    Message me in game.
    I'll pm my address

I've a spare R8 you can have.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    armadeonx said:

If you're short on AD you can use a Mulhorand as a temporary talisman. They only have one enchantment slot but decent stats.

Do not use Mulhorand items on your companions as they set the stats to the lvl of your companion ie lvl 35, you are best to buy a blue elemental item from AH for cheap with better stats.

You only need to put items such as waist, kneck etc on your active companion and make one companion that will not be made inactive (such as air archon) to legendary for a 15% stat increase to summoned pet.

I always use recovery rings,belts etc as getting armor pen is easy on armor/artifacts plus the recovery rings etc are better in the longer term since you will likely replace those armor pen rings with 2 slot rings from edemo/cn etc.
    More recovery means you can use powers faster which means more damage :)

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    That didn't happen when I swapped one from my CW to a companion when he got his Drowned set.
    Maybe it does that if you apply it directly, but it was at the same stats as on my CW when I switched it.
    I remember, because I was a tad worried it would do as you say and drop to... I *think* it was L 30.
    But it didn't.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited December 2016

That didn't happen when I swapped one from my CW to a companion when he got his Drowned set.
    Maybe it does that if you apply it directly, but it was at the same stats as on my CW when I switched it.
    I remember, because I was a tad worried it would do as you say and drop to... I *think* it was L 30.
    But it didn't.

It will say IL 130(or what ever it is for a lvl char wearing/looking at it) for mulhorand due to you looking at it but if you look at the stats when you apply it to companion they will not go up by the 130il stats, they will go up by the lvl of the companion. just look at the stats to the right when you equip it.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)