Options

Please Delete

Something happened.
Please Delete.
Post edited by muramune99#1335 on

Comments

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    ... so curious since they did away with the power leveling in the stronghold - how are you power leveling 4-70 in a session? Even the campfire technique doesn't work any more.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

... so curious since they did away with the power leveling in the stronghold - how are you power leveling 4-70 in a session?

Powerleveling can still be done as long as it is within a few levels of the person gaining the experience. This just means that the stronghold and other areas like it (changing the level of the character to match the area to gain massive exp), don't work as well. Elemental Evil areas (Fiery Pit, Drowned Shore, Reclamation Rock, and Spinward Rise) are not bad for levels 60-70. Other zones work well too for specific levels. We can work through these areas too.

It's also irritating that the so-called reason why they did away with the stronghold and the like powerleveling. Supposedly, it was because it allowed characters to gain massive experience without exploring the rest of the game and they called it an exploit. Conveniently, they introduced premade lv 70 characters for 5000 Zen. In other words, they wanted the profit that players were getting for powerleveling characters and acted on it.

My guild neither uses 3rd party sites/resources and does not take Astral Diamonds, Zen, or Gold as payment for leveling up players. It only asks for contributions that are typically gotten by running through a few Heroic Encounters in the Stronghold.

The reason why I even decided to make this guild was because I had a friend constantly asking to be powerleveled (he made like 10 characters, deleting a few he did not like) and it felt like every week he had a new character that needed leveled up. The guild I was a part of had a policy against powerleveling. So, I created this one, in hopes that I could help people gain their levels and all I ask for is a small contribution. Plus, I give away items to those who join and hold scheduled drawings for prizes for those who join. I mean, it's not a bad deal at all and I'm barely gaining anything out of it.
    ravenskya said:

Even the campfire technique doesn't work any more.

I'm unfamiliar with what this is. Could you explain?
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    It doesn't work anymore - you use to be able to group, then leave the lowbies at the campfire in the stronghold and one 70 would go out and kill things. About an hour later they would go from 5-60 and never have to have moved.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP