test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what would you do next with this L70 CW?

spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
Otherwise known as "point and laugh at my character / my gameplay". :) I'm currently hoarding enchantments to eventually get some feeders to refine a twisted skulls at next 2x refinement. And going to devote results from next DF, eToS and eDemo runs to getting one more DF armor to get the set. From there... probably figure out how to get a mount that will let me get Wanderer's Fortune, and start saving for a Vorpal or a Dread.

Here's the basics of my guy. What would you work towards / swap out next?

IL2510
  • DF assault cap (Dark8, Mark of Drag Slayer 1)
  • DF assault robes (Dark8, Frostburn)
  • Drow armlets (Dark8, Mark of Drag Slayer 1)
  • Enhanced Mulhorand Orb (Brutal7, Frost)
  • Elemental Fire Talisman rank38 / il 130
  • DF assault shoes (Dark8)
  • Elven assault neck (Brutal7)
  • Rising Deflect +4 (Brutal7, Dark9)
  • Rising Power (Brutal7, Dark9)
  • Exquisite Aberrant Belt of Regen
  • Drow tunic (Brutal7)
  • Drow tights (Dark9)
Artifacts are Sigil of Controller (rank95/IL 95, equipped), Tiamat Orb of Majesty (rank 33 / il46), Globe of 3rd Eye (max), Illusionist's Mask (il46)

Companions: Active is Black Ioun Stone l35 (lesser bonding, greater bonding, arcane8; Guild Comp Ring (Dem8), Elemental Alliance Assault Ring (Dark8), Cowardice +4 (Azure8, Dark8); Other companions are Battlefield Medic L35, striker l25 (the spiky dwarf guy), controller l25 (wizard), leader (bard) l25

Mounts: Active is White tiger; stable of horses with Survivor's Gift, Protector's Friendship, Champion's Struggle, Oppressor's Respite

Cataloging all the boons, feats, powers makes an already tedious post even more so :) so I guess best way to summarize is mostly thaumaturge and oppressor for feats, and my most common powers used are Ray of Frost, Oppressive Force, Chilling Cloud, Sudden Storm, Icy Rays, Steal Time, Disintegrate and Maelstrom, with Evocation and Eye of the Storm active.

Base Stats:
12 Str, 12 Con, 13 Dex, 25 Int, 17 Wis, 20 Cha, half-elf
Ratings: Power 15k, Crit 6.2k, ArPen 6k, Rec 5.6k, AP Gain 100, Combat Adv Bonus 825, Ctrl Bonus 0, Def 6.6k, Deflect 589, Regen 1.5k, Life Steal 2.2k, Life Steal Sev 50, Tenacity 0, Stam Gain 425, Incoming Healing 25, AoE Resist 0, Ctrl Resist 570, Move 1.2k, Companion Inf 25, Gold Gain 0
Offense/Healing: Crit Chance 33.5%, Crit Sev 78%, Resistance Ignored -56.8%, Recharge Speed Increase 50%, AP Gain 28%
Defense: Dam Resist 20%, Deflect chance 4%, Def Sev 50%, Health ReGen 3.9%, Bonus Incoming Healing 3.9%, Life Steal Chance 11.7%, Life Stel Sev 109%, Stam Regen 11.9%
PVP: Don't care :)
Util: XP bonus 4%, Gold Bonus 5%, Run Speed 3.2%

Comments

• Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I would suggest reading the class forums and posting there...get more attention for what you are looking for. Everyone is bound to have a different opinion...so be prepared to be even more confused.

There is no definitive path, especially if you are planning to become BiS. Decide what type of CW you plan to be and start a checklist. As a BiS CW myself, I learned the basics then modeled my character to a proven build following suggestions in this very forum. It wasn't long after that I tweaked the build to my specific play style.

Bottom line...it will be a fun journey and a lot less expensive if you read, read, read.
  • Options

I would suggest reading the class forums and posting there...get more attention for what you are looking for. Everyone is bound to have a different opinion...so be prepared to be even more confused.

There is no definitive path, especially if you are planning to become BiS. Decide what type of CW you plan to be and start a checklist. As a BiS CW myself, I learned the basics then modeled my character to a proven build following suggestions in this very forum. It wasn't long after that I tweaked the build to my specific play style.

Bottom line...it will be a fun journey and a lot less expensive if you read, read, read.

I didn't see xbox class forums...?
    And what builds do you like running with?
  • Options
    Actually, nvm, found the class forums by bumping up a level in here.
    And hey ignore my other question too, I can tell what your response will be already.
  • Options
    Come to think of it, it's entirely possible I had the wrong idea on this, and thejawlives was correct.

@kreatyve, if I've posted in the wrong place or otherwise made a gaffe here, please do delete or lock my post if you like. I'm still new to this place and all.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @spoomeister#9137 The thread has been moved to it's proper home. Enjoy!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

@spoomeister#9137 The thread has been moved to it's proper home. Enjoy!

Thanks! Will try to engage brain before typing fingers a bit more from here. :)
  • Options
    tattica7tattica7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    You can use nwcalc.com/#/ to link your build.
    Equip: The best improvement to your dps, besides vorpal/dread, would be a summoned companion with bondings instead of the ioun and the wheel of elements instead of the sigil of the controller. Then you can work on the rest.
    Skills: The best class features in pve are chilling presence and storm spell, they should never leave your bar. The standard encounter powers for trash mobs are conduct of ice (on spell mastery!), steal time, icy terrain, disintegrate/sudden storm. Icy terrain is very important because it freezes the mobs when they reach 6 stacks of chill. For bosses: conduct of ice (spell mastery), ray of enfeeblement, disintegrate, icy rays/chill strike. The daily ice knife is very good for single target.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Definitely start by ditching the deflect ring, along with the belt. The neck isn't great, definitely needs to be replaced ASAP as well, but do it after the ring and belt. The stats you want to build are Power, Crit, Arp, HP, and LS. None of the other primary stats are at all significant to a CW. It sounds to me like featwise, you're using a build similar to my own (see sig), but the rotation you're using won't really work well for PVE. Try using this rotation below.
    Encounters: Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Disintegrate
    Spell Mastery: Conduit of Ice
    Dailies: Oppressive Force, Icy Knife
    Class Feat: Chilling Presence, Storm Spell

I know you mentioned that you planned on changing your weapon enchant, that should also be high on the priority list. Personally, I'd ditch the frostburn for a soulforged, negation, or elven battle in that armor enchantment slot, but that is my personal preference. That won't affect your DPS directly, except that it may make it a lot easier for you to survive and actually hit the enemies. It'd be really useful if you could post a screenshot of your feats, your gear, and your companion - it's much easier to see a picture than try and recall exactly what is what XD.

Upgrading to a bonding companion will be a massive damage boost, however, it will be extremely expensive, I don't think that's the right place to start... I'd fix the easy stuff first.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    Thanks @tattica7 and @katamaster81899! Will start researching some calculations for what I'd need to do to go get the AD for the items you mentioned, and start shuffling some things around in my stats... and kata, screenshot will be tricky as 'm on XBox1 but will see what I can do.... also seems I need to read up on bonding companions because i mistakenly thought putting bonding runestones on an ioun stone was what that was, hm....

Was planning on improving on the belt at some point yeah but a little surprised on the bit about the deflect ring. Wheel of elements seemed to be in my price range last I was poking around.
  • Options
    tattica7tattica7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yesterday I skipped the equipment part when I read the thread. Yes you should start with what Kata said.
    A ioun with bondings is not bad at all, but a summoned companion with bondings is better when the sum of bondings is more than 100%. You can achieve 285% of compaion's stats with rank 12 bondings, but they are very expensive. A ioun always gives you 100% instead.