test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP event Grand Melee

I have noticed we really have a lack of pvp events, plenty if pve events and rightly so for a pve based game, but outside of 2x glory and solo Dom really nothing for pvp, this got me thinking for a good idea on a pvp event; The Grand Melee, where adventurers far and wide come to test their mettle. In this event we could open up a few new match types such as 5v5 elimination or even 1v1 duels, also limited time new maps for pvp. During this event participating in the pvp scene you could earn the normal cosmetic, mount, and pet prizes such as other events. Now this next part will be the part most people will probably like, and that is how this event will cater to those outside of a 4k IL; during this event before you can queue you will speak to the event master located in Protector enclave where they will ask you what gear set you wish to go into battle with after choosing from one of the predesignated sets, after this you may queue for battle, now a little more on the battle sets of choice they will follow the traditional duelist and executioner sets (but if the devs feel brave and wanna make a few more for variety that'd be cool too) these sets will come with no enchantment slots and will outfit all of your character's equipment slots weapon and off hand included (note this will also include artifact slots and for the sake of the event those will be removed too). Next for the event and the last piece of the pie during this pvp event the boons, insignias, as well as mounts (yes all battle will be without mounts usuable) will be disabled on the pvp maps.

Comments

• Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Cool idea. If people weren't so crushed and hateful towards PVP because of premades, I think there would be a huge following for events and stuff. That being said, I always thought it would be nice to have a wider variety of things to buy with Glory. Glory can be slow to accumulate, it would be fun to be able to buy something, even if it was cosmetic only. Belt slot trinkets that do something funny? Anything.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    i duno i just joined 10 x solo queue games, I met one premade team twice but still rekt them 4~6 kills per game without any death @_@
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    icyphish said:

i duno i just joined 10 x solo queue games, I met one premade team twice but still rekt them 4~6 kills per game without any death @_@

Said the 4275IL gwf... Im sure that premade you "rekt" was also made up by people in your IL range right? No need to answer that question.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    His sig advertises another number
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    If you all don't have something to input on the OP please leave your comments elsewhere
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I would like a pvp ladder and titles once all this balancing gets sorted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!