Hi
    Which ench it's the best for buffs?
    1. plague
    2. terror
    3. frost
    4. bronzewood
    5. feytouched

For PvE, I presume?

Technically, most of them are debuffs, save for Feytouched.

Imo best happens to be Pure/Transcendent Frost for debuffs (debuff only occurs on Pure/Transcendent). Currently bugged, but if it gets fixed, it will remain as a decent 7% defense debuff.

Bronzewood is decent, but watch the downtimes of the debuff.

Plaguefire is decent at transcendent, but I found that keeping up 3 stacks of Plaguefire was difficult on my GF.

Feytouched is both a damage buff and a damage debuff on enemies. I usually ignore the damage buff aspect of Feytouched, but the damage debuff aspect is pretty good if you need to keep your and/or the team alive.

Terror is bad, unless you don't own any weapon enchants (which means go buy a cheapo Plaguefire). Seriously, even a Transcendent Vorpal gives a better debuff than a Transcendent Terror.

• jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    But frost is bugged and if they fixes this enchant will be very weak and useless in PvE

And maybe dread?
    Post edited by jackharper#1224 on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited December 2016

But frost is bugged and if they fixes this enchant will be very weak and useless in PvE

wat.

When Frost got first fixed in edit: Mod10, it was a 7% defense debuff. I am hoping it will get refixed to this state.

Number for number, 7% is the best of all the debuffing enchantments, with only a Pure/Transcendent Dread being equal.

Frost's 7% defense debuff was also unmitigated, unlike many of the other debuffs. So Frost's unmitigated 7% beats out a T. Bronzewood (5%), a T. Plaguefire (4.8%), a T. Vorpal (2%), and a T. Terror (1.2%)

In addition, Pure/Transcendent Frost is a defense debuff, which are highly valued nowadays, as defense debuffs have no cap, unlike DR or multiplier debuffs (examples: Divine Glow, Mark, Thorn Ward, Crushing Pin, or Ray of Emfeblement)

The only downside with Frost is its relative up-time, but otherwise, a Frost refixed to its 7% defense debuff will keep it relevant in PvE for the reasons stated above.

Numbers have been taken from @michela123's debuff spreadsheet.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

OK thx for explanation.
    Last question how long takes this debuff?

OK thx for explanation.
    Last question how long takes this debuff?

Er... do you mean "how long is this debuff active?"

I am unsure.

Tooltip says 4, but lolcryptictooltips.

@michela123 once told me it was 8 seconds, but I am bad at testing timers (you might need to ask her for the exact details).

@thefabricant says you can refresh the Frost debuff if you trigger the Frost debuff with a damage over time ability (ex: Icy Terrain).

Ok maybe i wrote incomprehensibly.
    I ask about how it's work, when i hit a enemy, this 7% debuff is on enemy all time?
    "@michela123 once told me it was 8 seconds"
    ok and now if this 8 sec was end how long i must wait for renewal this buff?
    It's something like bronzewood 10 sec debuff and 10 sec wait for renewal in fight? or it something like terror all time active in fight?

Ok maybe i wrote incomprehensibly.
    I ask about how it's work, when i hit a enemy, this 7% debuff is on enemy all time?
    "@michela123 once told me it was 8 seconds"
    ok and now if this 8 sec was end how long i must wait for renewal this buff?
    It's something like bronzewood 10 sec debuff and 10 sec wait for renewal in fight? or it something like terror all time active in fight?

Yeah, something like Bronzewood.

In Frost's case, I think it's something like:

Up for 8 seconds, on cooldown for 12.

edited December 2016
    ok thx for explanation.
    edited December 2016
    Hi again.
    If someone tested bronzewood? this 5% really work on enemy +70 lvl, and this 10% DR worked?
    and Feytouched working only for me or for all pt?
    edited December 2016

Hi again.
    If someone tested bronzewood? this 5% really work on enemy +70 lvl, and this 10% DR worked?
    and Feytouched working only for me or for all pt?

Bronewood has a-5% debuff and it is not affected by layers of mitigation, according to Michela's debuff spreadsheet.

The debuff does not count as a marking effect ala GF Tab or Enforced Threat.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1223309/war-boar-and-bronzewood-enchantment

I am unsure of the "10% DR" part.

I know that you're referencing the tooltip which says something about "reduce the damage you and your team take by 10%", but I have not had the time to test this and I wouldn't know. I also asked the local Bronzewood expert, @diogene0, and he is unsure if the damage debuff works.

As for Feytouched...

The BUFF (ie, damage bonus) is given only to the person with the highest quality Feytouched (ie, a person with a T. Fey gets the buff over another person using a Greater Fey).

The DEBUFF (ie, the part that reduces enemy damage) should work for every time the debuff'd enemy is trying to hit one of your teammates.

I still wonder which enchancement using on my weap.
    Earlier i used plague and terror but now i think it's a weak ench.
    Bronzewood is not bad but im too not sure about 10DR
    Frost is good but it's working only 8 sec and 12 sec cooldown.
    Fey is average.
    And i still not sure which is the best -.-
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm using a plague Fire, its not great in itself but it is good at proc'ing stacks of bloodlust on the twisted weapons so gives a slight power boost. Its horrible if your trying to get defence out of the twisted set.

tbh I think your overthinking things too much here, none of the enchants you have listed are going to massively increase your buffing of the party, we are talking a few % here and there. Better off working out how to keep ITF and Crushing Pin up as close to 100% of the time as possible, if you are looking to maximise your buffing.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Completely agree with @lantern22
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    you cant say about enchants do not show vs npc( pve) their debuff status. DEVS should add a fix number on this enchant like they have on terror then you can judge if the number is work as intended.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Regarding Bronzewood, the 10% damage debuff on mobs works. On ACT it reduces the Base Damage displayed, so it takes some time to test.
    OK I decided for bronzewood. And now im sure we (not DPS and BUFFs classes) dont have one the best enchancement, each has some defects.
    In my opinion, if you dont know which ench use try get PURE plague or Trans Bronzewood. It's only my opinion but frost, terror, dread, fey, bronzewood or plague they are not perfect.

ps. again DPS classes they are favored, they have very good ench like Vorpal or Dread but BUFFs classes have only middling enchancements.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Not to complicate things, but lightening is a nice alternative as well. Not a true debuffer, but the chain effect procs many other abilities and builds good AoE threat. This eases your pressure to spam tab or enforced threat.

Plus, it looks cool.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.