test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't schedule maintenance during 2x events please

Just ran into the scheduled maintenance, in the last couple hours of the black friday weekend stuff. So much for being able to refine enough daily AD to get the last couple refinement stones I needed, to upgrade one of my artifacts and then dump more matching 2x into it.

Yes there was a notice yesterday (must've been late yesterday, didn't see it), but still - having scheduled server maintenance while this many discount / double-point events are going on is not great planning.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This isn't scheduled maintenance. The login server is down. The maintenance was basically set to begin when the events are set to end.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @kreatyve maintenance has started yet there was still 3 hours of events left or was the countdown timer (Attention player the shard etc) misleading us all?

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

This isn't scheduled maintenance. The login server is down. The maintenance was basically set to begin when the events are set to end.

@strumslinger's post specifically says 'scheduled maintenance', though. It's entirely possible my math was wrong but it didn't seem like 7am PST was the scheduled end of the black friday sales.

With the login server issue being an unfortunately timed bug/event, though, I'll try not to pile on. I've worked in enough places that had all-hands-on-deck downtime like that, that I have some sympathy here.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    In facebook,

#NWXbox and #NWPS4 will undergo maintenance on 11/29 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours for a server reset.

In http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10280103-2x-rp,-ad,-xp,-guild-marks,-and-enchants!

2x RP, AD, XP, Guild Marks, Enchants & Runes ends: Tuesday, November 29 at 7:30AM PT for PC and 10AM for console

Yes, there are 3 hours missing for consoles (regardless if there is another unexpected server issue or not).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mrsbloodred#6192 mrsbloodred Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Neverwinter is a game that lack supports by its developers. They should shut it down and call it a day!!!!! Bigger and better games are coming out in 2017, prepare for the best, and abandon Neverwinter because it is worse than ever.
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User

Neverwinter is a game that lack supports by its developers. They should shut it down and call it a day!!!!! Bigger and better games are coming out in 2017, prepare for the best, and abandon Neverwinter because it is worse than ever.

Why the hamster are you still here if you hate the game this much?
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Its always like this. The last 3 hours of an event when they end on thursday are always cut short. I get caugh sometimes. I think i have x hours left cause of the counter but then the server notice me shard is coming down.

I wish they would just make the counter finish when the maintenance start, its almost like trolling the way it is. Or at least gives us the 3 hours when maintenance is done. Can't you not do it between 4 am and 7 am or something at least when there is the least people playing. I find it odd that you turn the game off between 10 am and 1 pm, yes its not evening but still... For europe it must be very annoying as its in PM time for them.