test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashed and unable to reconnect

Comments

• macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User

Any update on when it might come back online yet?

It's a problem with the internet itself, esperas, so no one at cryptic can have any clue. Likely the outages will be brought back online at major internet hubs first, then depending on what's actually wrong, technicians will move to smaller hubs. As for when the DNS servers will start assigning you IPs again, it will vastly vary on where you live and what hubs your traffic is typically routed through.

Wide ranging attacks like this one are typically short lived. You can expect the internet to be pretty much fixed within 12 hours give or take. Unless we're talking all-out internet war. O.o
  • narasjgnarasjg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    they forgot about their maintenance ? becuase game cant run for 1 week without maintenance ? we need an official reply :worried:
  • venuslightheartvenuslightheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

This is a generalized map. I am in West Coast under one of the yellow areas. I have no problem connecting to other games, steam, and many other sites. Facebook fine, Twitter fine.

It Cryptic, otherwise more Internet Entities would be down.

• esperas244#8808 esperas244 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @macaran5123 said:
    > Any update on when it might come back online yet?
    >
    > It's a problem with the internet itself, esperas, so no one at cryptic can have any clue. Likely the outages will be brought back online at major internet hubs first, then depending on what's actually wrong, technicians will move to smaller hubs. As for when the DNS servers will start assigning you IPs again, it will vastly vary on where you live and what hubs your traffic is typically routed through.
    >
    > Wide ranging attacks like this one are typically short lived. You can expect the internet to be pretty much fixed within 12 hours give or take. Unless we're talking all-out internet war. O.o

Internet war?
    *grabs a Gaming keyboard* Im ready to use this magic sword
    How do i actually quote it like you did btw xD
  • stomacstomac Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Any official announcement from Cryptic regarding the problem?

It's not a Cryptic problem. Click the link that has been posted here multiple times. There is a massive Level3 outage across the US.

About Level3: "It operates a Tier 1 network. The company provides core transport, IP, voice, video, and content delivery for medium-to-large Internet carriers in North America, Latin America, Europe, and selected cities in Asia. Level 3 is also the largest competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) and the 3rd largest provider of fiber-optic internet access (based on coverage) in the United States." - wikipedia
    I think your missing the point I believe the OP was looking more for info on the event being being extended or not.
    Also fault dose not prevent an official statement.

• littletalllittletall Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It doesnt matter if its Cryptics problem or Cryptics fault. Its not the players problem or the players fault either. The fact is that Cryptic promised the players a certain amount of event time. If outside circumstances prevent the event lasting as long as was promised, they must extend it. Failure to do so MAKES it their problem and their fault.
  • babaloo3babaloo3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I was so, so close. :/ For the first time I was going to feel like a 'big dog' in the pack B) -Artifact set's and even going to Mythic for once. :'(
    A Healer needs all she can get or she die's :'( , like the server!!!! over and over...
    Please!!! o:) I just needed 40min.'s more time and I would have been up ;) running 'close' with the Big Dog's for once. :p
  • sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 53 Arc User

How do i actually quote it like you did btw xD

there's a button that says "quote" at the bottom of each post
    > @sw1tchstar said:
    > How do i actually quote it like you did btw xD
    >
    > there's a button that says "quote" at the bottom of each post

that gives me this
  • farasjasfarasjas Member Posts: 8 Arc User

It doesnt matter if its Cryptics problem or Cryptics fault. Its not the players problem or the players fault either. The fact is that Cryptic promised the players a certain amount of event time. If outside circumstances prevent the event lasting as long as was promised, they must extend it. Failure to do so MAKES it their problem and their fault.

So should i blame you for snow on my car and hold you responsible for shoveling the snow away ? :D

> @sw1tchstar said:

> How do i actually quote it like you did btw xD

>

> there's a button that says "quote" at the bottom of each post

that gives me this

u on mobile or something?

nope
    laptop
    > @esperas244#8808 said:
    >nope
    >laptop
    awww come on
  • macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User

This is a generalized map. I am in West Coast under one of the yellow areas. I have no problem connecting to other games, steam, and many other sites. Facebook fine, Twitter fine.

You'll note the reported outages all trace back to routers owned by Level3 Communications. The internet is elastic, it was designed to survive nuclear war. Major services use geographically distributed nodes. It's almost impossible to bring them down. Clearly Cryptic's server cluster is sitting straight outside a Level3 hub. It's an MMO, and we're all on the same mega-server. There is no practical reason to put the physical drives in multiple locations.
  • ohms66ohms66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    I ran a tracert to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

8 19 ms 11 ms 11 ms 84.116.136.102
    9 10 ms 12 ms 12 ms 213.46.174.46
    10 11 ms 14 ms 11 ms be2868.ccr41.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.57.153]
    11 82 ms 85 ms 79 ms be2982.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.117]
    12 82 ms 81 ms 84 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
    13 81 ms 82 ms 81 ms 38.111.40.114
    14 85 ms 78 ms 78 ms 198.49.243.253
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

The last IP address, 198.49.243.253, is registered to Cryptic Studios.

nope

laptop

your HAMSTER is broken

and that is?
  • thevaliant#9250 thevaliant Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Even if the problem exists at the internet level rather than Cryptic's systems, it is still in the interest of customer relations to address the issue of their customers inability to take advantage of the final hours of the event in an amiable matter that puts them in a favorable light.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

Any update on when it might come back online yet?

It's a problem with the internet itself, esperas, so no one at cryptic can have any clue. Likely the outages will be brought back online at major internet hubs first, then depending on what's actually wrong, technicians will move to smaller hubs. As for when the DNS servers will start assigning you IPs again, it will vastly vary on where you live and what hubs your traffic is typically routed through.

Wide ranging attacks like this one are typically short lived. You can expect the internet to be pretty much fixed within 12 hours give or take. Unless we're talking all-out internet war. O.o
    Sorry for the repeat, but this is just moronic
    Maybe you should refrain from rudely calling out other posters who are trying to be helpful and informative until you at least learn something about the topic. You apparently have no idea how packet routing works at all.
  • sharinganheirsharinganheir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Man, everyone keeps going on about the double RP, but I'm more irked at the lost hours of 2xAD. We've been getting 2xRP basically every month. It has been forever since we had a 2xAD event! :(

and that is?

i imagine it has to do with some sort of plain text setting though, for reals
    > @sw1tchstar said:
    > and that is?
    >
    > i imagine it has to do with some sort of plain text setting though, for reals

ffs
    I just wanna play the god damn game allready
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Still offline. Been offline all afternoon... GMT...
  • vonbek#3799 vonbek Member Posts: 29 Arc User

You'll note the reported outages all trace back to routers owned by Level3 Communications. The internet is elastic, it was designed to survive nuclear war. Major services use geographically distributed nodes. It's almost impossible to bring them down. Clearly Cryptic's server cluster is sitting straight outside a Level3 hub. It's an MMO, and we're all on the same mega-server. There is no practical reason to put the physical drives in multiple locations.
    You mean apart from the simple reason Blizzard etc have backup farms for when there is either hub downage or DDOS attacks? Or in case of a cable loss? Or who knows, to provide a bit of excess server load to speed up ALL their games?

There are several practical reasons to have even a small scale throttled backup somewhere never mind a proper 1:1 mirror, but hey that would require spending on things like actual hardware and folk to run it, and maybe if in the EU some actual stff that run on international time scales? ;)