test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 level 70 stats progression e.g. power, defense, critical strike ect

Hello fellow GF's!

Enjoying my newly minted level 70 GF and following along with some "tanking" guides as that is where I want to be! My Main up to now has been a HR so as I'm building my GF I just keep wondering if I'm messing up some on the stats :smile: Since the GF looks so different although I know it should be.... However stats is something you don't always see in the build guides as your moving on up any info appreciated mine as currently (listed the big ones I think)

HP 114,760
IL 2100
PWR 5,061
C.S. 468 (yikes seems waaay to low)
A.P. 1,304
Rec 3,458
DEF 11,940
deflect 2,183
Recvy 2,220
L Steal 1,091
D.R. 43%
Defl 15%

I understand defense and D.R. are big but ive also been reading that keeping threat means doing dmg also. So my big concern is I'm not getting enough into PWR and C.S? Although so far I can still solo all content pretty well just takes a little time :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The easiest way to improve your damage is by getting your Resistance Ignored to -60% especially as it improves at (almost) 100 points armor pen to 1% RI.

I'll assume you are aiming at a tactician party buffer role? As such you'll need high recovery too as you want those cooldowns very low. Get gear that focuses on power/recovery/defence, ignore deflect at this stage as it takes away from more important stats.

You're also going to want high stamina gain, this maxes at 1000 points so having 1 artifact plus a couple of decent mount insignias would do that.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    teufelhunden#1548 teufelhunden Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Correct a tactician role for me. The resistance ignored is interesting as I thought 30% was good enough for my role. I get the stamina gain and recovery. I guess that's what I'm wondering though my recovery currently sits at 2200 am I way off or as at a decent starting point and as I level artifacts and what not I should be ok? Or is my defense way too high and I should look at juggling some armor pieces to get some more recovery while possibly losing a little D but probably picking up a little power..

Thanks for the reply gives me some insight on how to GRIND on!!
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Correct a tactician role for me. The resistance ignored is interesting as I thought 30% was good enough for my role. I get the stamina gain and recovery. I guess that's what I'm wondering though my recovery currently sits at 2200 am I way off or as at a decent starting point and as I level artifacts and what not I should be ok? Or is my defense way too high and I should look at juggling some armor pieces to get some more recovery while possibly losing a little D but probably picking up a little power..

Thanks for the reply gives me some insight on how to GRIND on!!

Nevar... enough... dakka

A new Tactician, huh? I'd say I can give a few tips.

Not a bad starting point. Focus on building your tanking skills, like timing your ITF with the party's buffs, moving the boss to good locations, keeping enemy aggro, etc. You can worry about getting your stats in line once you have a better idea of what you're doing and your own strengths and weaknesses as a player.

30% ArmorPen is a fine start, although I would try shooting for 40% or more once you start running Tier2s/higher level dungeons regulary.

You can safely ignore Crit Strike and power. Sure, DPS helps your aggro, but spamming Enforced Threat, putting marks on your targets, and spamming Aggravating Strike should also help you.

If you want more aggro and you're feeling audacious, you can try using Knight's Challenge to tank bosses. It locks the boss on to you and it makes the boss deal less damage to your team. I've been trying it out and it's been a really weird version of Enforced Threat and a source of damage mitigation for the party.

You would need to stack an extrordinarily large amount of Defense/damage resistance before you have "too much". Trust me, you need a LOT more Defense (95% DR), a lot more Recovery (try for 10,000 or more), and a lot more Lifesteal (try 20% or more). and loldeflect, Deflect is nice, but attaining 95% DR and high lifesteal should be a bigger priority.

Technically speaking, you should be getting 1100 Stamina gain or 1200 Stamina gain for the maximum amount of points verus diminishing returns, but I'm lazy and 1000 is easy to remember. And the APG kits are expensive AF.

I loathe refrencing myself, but you can check out my Tactician GF guide if you haven't done so already.

• Options
    Yes I have been referencing your guide almost on a daily basis and especially in the throne room! I have been practicing some w PUGs and feeling bad if I blow it. Prime example (if you happen to see this) Shores of Turen final boss. I run to the back to Argo the boss and end up getting the whole damn room, two drakes and I can't survive all three. Should I be able to or am I messing up. When I run with my HR it seems the tank just gets the boss while the rest of us wreck the drakes then move onto the boss.. I am working the grind and appreciate the replies got plenty of work to put in... this class seems much harder to master then my HR although people say differently
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Yes I have been referencing your guide almost on a daily basis and especially in the throne room! I have been practicing some w PUGs and feeling bad if I blow it. Prime example (if you happen to see this) Shores of Turen final boss. I run to the back to Argo the boss and end up getting the whole damn room, two drakes and I can't survive all three. Should I be able to or am I messing up. When I run with my HR it seems the tank just gets the boss while the rest of us wreck the drakes then move onto the boss.. I am working the grind and appreciate the replies got plenty of work to put in... this class seems much harder to master then my HR although people say differently

I play an HR, but I am no expert in it. And I'm glad to hear you like my guide!

Hmm... survivability issues in eShores, specifically, the final room?

It's very hard to "not" aggro the two drakes, as the moment you and/or your teammates get into their range, they pounce. And if they pounce, you gotta protect your teammates, so it would be difficult to avoid the drakes.

I used to have issues when my tank was gearing up. I specifically got rekt by the drake's multihitting circle attack and when the boss tossed his explosive balls on you. Perhaps these are killing you as well? If so, avoid them.

You could also do as you suggested, have your DPSers focus fire on the drakes and then deal with the boss. I personally just group all 3 together so the CWs/HRs/GWFs can hit all 3 with their AoE attacks (but I can take a lot of punishment, so...)

I'm not sure how much more useful advice I can give, but I hope this helps.

• Options
    Yup it does thanks. I'm still lower level 2100 and I haven't put damn near anything into my companion (dancing shield). The PS4 AH is bonkers and its tough to catch things at the right time (bonding runestones). So I have to keep working my stats and it will come I think I have the rotation down just tough staying alive at the moment with multiple mini bosses and what not. I can handle everything in shores (my goto PUG dungeon) until the boss. Makes me feel bad sometimes but I gotta get my work in somehow! Maybe I should force some guild mates to take me thru!

Once again thanks for all your help with the guide and responding to all us GF's out here trying to get our TANK on.