test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For the Developers - Legendary Companion Bonus

thornbr1ngerthornbr1nger Member Posts: 65 Arc User
Currently I've been told the 15% increase to stats from a legendary companion involves only having a legendary as an ACTIVE companion. It does not have to be the SUMMONED one. Is this the actual feature or is it a bug and it's supposed to be working only on a SUMMONED companion. I'm about to upgrade and I don't want to upgrade my air archon and 2 months later it gets "fixed" and now I have to upgrade my fire archon etc.

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    The legendary bonus is an active one and states:
    "Owner gains 15% of summoned pet's ratings."

It works exactly as described. While the legendary is one of the active companions (not necessarily summoned) it grants it's additional bonus (active power) that adds to you 15% stats of your summoned companion.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Currently I've been told the 15% increase to stats from a legendary companion involves only having a legendary as an ACTIVE companion. It does not have to be the SUMMONED one. Is this the actual feature or is it a bug and it's supposed to be working only on a SUMMONED companion. I'm about to upgrade and I don't want to upgrade my air archon and 2 months later it gets "fixed" and now I have to upgrade my fire archon etc.

Just as Micky said it is supposed to be that way.

Basically just think of it like this, when you upgrade the Companion to Legendary it gains a NEW active. As long as the Companion is in your Active list it will work like other Actives :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Correct... wonder if multi legendary stacks stack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Multiple legendary bonuses dont stack.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    It works exactly as it reads - it does not stack.

It is always going to be better to make your summoned pet legendary - as the extra 5 levels (35-40) will give it more stats, which means you get more stats.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

It works exactly as it reads - it does not stack.

It is always going to be better to make your summoned pet legendary - as the extra 5 levels (35-40) will give it more stats, which means you get more stats.

Thats right, if you are sure, that you will keep him. I have a legendary ioun stone and a legendary Zhentarim Warlock I dont use anymore. To be on the save side, I upgrade one of my +5% dmg companions to legendary now, so I wont have to spent another 1kk, if they 'rework' the sellsword companion.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.