What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SW buff: overall disappointment

2»

Comments

• Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

I stopped PVP at mod 9, did some Domination runs in mod 10 for a short period and know that warlock was improved and HB would be my favorite paragon to go there. No need to get into details.
    But I also know that I am not arguing against @zeusom in terms of warlocks abilities in PVP and I am far from telling him how to avoid a TR in Domination, since I met , know and saw enough of his warlock during the last 6 mods and know his last K/d ratio till mod 10, wich is outstanding, and also know that he run one of the best warlocks in this game, by sure better than most player on PC and by sure anyone that comes up on xbox or PS4, bc most player sitting with a controller in front of the TV can only copy builds and maybe feel/experience builds and stuff, but testing?
    About PVE I can´t argue that much because I did no FBI runs in mod 10.5 till now, but will give it a try.
    I accept some players opinions, sure.
    Lazalia and Lia Knowles are two of the best known PVE GWF in game, maybe Lazalia left already, no clue. I don´t know where exactly warlock stands in PVE, who knows, I only know there are huge gaps between player 1 and 2 and also between GWF 1 and GWF 2 (same with CW´s, some on your level, some rare are extraordinary)
    @kallephi as far as I can tell you already showed videos on this platform, showing your warlock against another class, and that´s not about epeen and dsirespecting other player, everyone wants to know how to judge about warlock since rework, that´s it.
    All we know till know is that warlock was competetive on a bugged level for 3 years

I recorded a video for fun, I put my logs in the topic but not the logs of the others. I don't even have the logs of my team mates anymore. Anyway, I'm waiting until I get all the stuff I need on this weekend (brutals rank 12, brutals rank 12 on companion, purple insignias, new weapon set). Then I'm gonna have to do some more tests.
    You use loyal avenger ring Ly'saaera? is it worth it?
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @zeusom I agree about the need to address 200k SEs when the ability to stack hitpoints beyond that value becomes difficult (not impossible) with current gear. Even if you survive the hit, youre likely to drop shortly after.

Just to clarify again, infernal spheres is great the way it is now--its SE that needs to be addressed.

The other mod 10 SW buffs/nerfs are now in dangerous territory as @amenar undoubtedly based their interractions with Tyrannical Theat/Curse in mind. This means a new dev will have to go over each SW ability again OR reasonably buff Tyrannical Curse damage (which they have not shown a willingness to do).
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Yes. Well everyone work to get the devs' attention about this..
    1) Rogues need to lose their AP when animation cancelling shocking (which can hit for 240k+ now)
    2) SW buffs needs some refinement and improvement now that Tyrannical curse is so nerfed.

@terramak @asterdahl @panderus @amenar
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    qtpiekayqtpiekay Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    They need to address the TC nerf for Sw. I hope the devs are listening.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    The biggest problem about balancing classes and do propper reworks may be the fact that the devs don't know their game and miss insight in some classes apart from running a CW.
    Last time i read someone from cryptic tried to level a warlock he was stuck at level 5 :)
    How should a dev get a clue about this class , if noone can display the performance of this class propperly atm(avoiding broken stuff by sure)
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I stopped PVP at mod 9, did some Domination runs in mod 10 for a short period and know that warlock was improved and HB would be my favorite paragon to go there. No need to get into details.
    But I also know that I am not arguing against @zeusom in terms of warlocks abilities in PVP and I am far from telling him how to avoid a TR in Domination, since I met , know and saw enough of his warlock during the last 6 mods and know his last K/d ratio till mod 10, wich is outstanding, and also know that he run one of the best warlocks in this game, by sure better than most player on PC and by sure anyone that comes up on xbox or PS4, bc most player sitting with a controller in front of the TV can only copy builds and maybe feel/experience builds and stuff, but testing?
    About PVE I can´t argue that much because I did no FBI runs in mod 10.5 till now, but will give it a try.
    Lazalia and Lia Knowles are two of the best known PVE GWF in game, maybe Lazalia left already, no clue. I don´t know where exactly warlock stands in PVE, who knows, I only know there are huge gaps between player 1 and 2 and also between GWF 1 and GWF 2 (same with CW´s, some on your level, some rare are extraordinary)
    @kallephi as far as I can tell you already showed videos on this platform, showing your warlock against another class, and that´s not about epeen and dsirespecting other player, everyone wants to know how to judge about warlock since rework, that´s it.
    All we know till know is that warlock was competetive on a bugged level for 3 years

I recorded a video for fun, I put my logs in the topic but not the logs of the others. I don't even have the logs of my team mates anymore. Anyway, I'm waiting until I get all the stuff I need on this weekend (brutals rank 12, brutals rank 12 on companion, purple insignias, new weapon set). Then I'm gonna have to do some more tests.
    I do, but I'm looking for a greater ostorian ring of dod to replace it. I don't feel like buying an adorable bites. I have 74% arpen, no need to keep all that amount, I already have a talisman of loyal avenger.
    Post edited by kallephi#0836 on
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

I do, but I'm looking for a greater ostorian ring of dod to replace it. I don't feel like buying an adorable bites. I have 74% arpen, no need to keep all that amount, I already have a talisman of loyal avenger.
    Thanks, was really wondering if I should spend the money on that instead of keeping the +4s slotted on comps. On a totally unrelated note, Sume posted his trapper build on the HR forums. dunno if u might be interested..
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User

Thanks, was really wondering if I should spend the money on that instead of keeping the +4s slotted on comps. On a totally unrelated note, Sume posted his trapper build on the HR forums. dunno if u might be interested..
    I hate archers in any game, ANY...lol
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    agante22agante22 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

zeusom said:

d4rkh0rs3 said:

You dont need infernal spheres to fire at rogues. That is so mod 9.

To mitigate TRs, continue moving to not get locked in the middle of a smoke bomb and use your 1 second immunity frame to survive a SE. If you cant dodge, you will need enough HP to survive their attack.

If you cant stack 160k+ HP, you can choose to equip a ring of vision and/or use dreadtheft in place of infernal spheres

Disagree. I am thinking mod 11 not mod 9. Mod 11:
    So a rogue with new runic weapons just animation cancels one SE (wastes your 1 dodge) and then hits you for over 200k 1st strike. Good game.

The upfront Tfey debuff via the autofiring infernal spheres would bring the damage down to a range that was survivable with HP stacking. That is why we need it back on autofire.

We want infernal spheres back the way it was.

1. Rogues were already able to hit SE for 180-200k before the new runic weapons. Add 20% to 30% more damage.. Rogues will clear 200k shockings easily and routinely. HP stacking? nope. Dead.
    2. Infernal spheres used to apply Tfeytouched debuff to a rogue before their SE hit, which was key for surviving a stealth 1ststrike shocking. But without autofire we cant use IS in this way, to apply the prophylactic debuff.
    3. Yes we now have 1 dodge with a 5 sec cooldown but rogues use SE animation cancelling. They should not be able to do it, but they can and do.

I don't understand. All the good PVP SW I have watched on youtube and talked to in game run Vanq not spheres. Vanq WB and KF is the normal encounter set up I have seen and been told by top end SW's. So teach me what you know they do not. Why suffer sub par damage with no utility when the blades give you a buff plus aoe damage on tap.
    I must of been gone to long to come back and see SOPI posting about SW being inferior, leader boards determining skill and more importantly a video about pavlost in SB spec used as gospel for "top" warlocks.

The crying about warlocks needs to end. Post mod 10 the SW is extremely competitive in end game pvp. There is room for improvement but all this doom and gloom is just ridiculous.

If you wanna be more competitive in pvp its very simple.

HB Fury
    25k pwr
    10k ap
    200k HP
    T.Elven or T.Shadow

WB/Hader/Pillar
    Hal/Hader/WB

Warlocks > Every CW in game
    Warlocks > Every TR in game
    Warlocks - GF finally a competitive fight compared to mod 9

Other matchups require a few changes but nothing to overwhelming as majority of our class base is posting about.

• Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @agante22 SWs are viable in pvp, yes. We match up well against other classes, especially at mid-tier levels.

My SW is at (in premade group w VIP):
    ~190-200k HP
    26-27k power
    104% RI
    23% deflect chance
    27% lifsteal chance (spikes to 37% with sudden ring)
    122% lifesteal severity (244% severity with SKT shirt and pants set bonus proc). Opponents think I have gift of faith on at times when I actually do not. :)
    Very good mount insignia bonuses

I have a trans negation, trans elven, trans fey, and trans bronzewood.

1v1 in dom:
    I put the SW as better than any other class except certain GWFs and GFs at this point (xbox mod 10). Most GWFs are a cakewalk with the exception of 1 or 2.

Endgame Conqueror GFs running ITF and KC are disgusting. You should just run away. They turtle up with shield talent, let your DoTs boost their damage, get full AP, mark you, KC you, fray, bull charge, daily = campfire. WB becomes the worst encounter in the game if you hit GFs while their shield is up (-15% HP for you, no damage dealt to GF). Basically, this is not your fight. Not sure what other class can actually hang against these GFs.

Melee rangers dont stand a chance with the reflect damage and lack of CC when shadow slip hovering.

Trappers dont do enough DPS to stand a chance. Get melted by reflect damage.

CWs get melted by reflect damage. I love fighting CWs.

TRs cannot (yet) clear me with a single dunk. Even the self proclaimed 'best' (excuse me while I lol) TRs who exploit animation canceling and SB+SE first strike glitch combos end up running away for an easier target. SWs can heal up before the next dunk, especially soulbinder specs. Not looking forward to relic weapons, though.

5v5 premades:
    SW would be better served specing soulbinder for high survivability+deflect chance and speed for node caps/rotations along with providing party utility CC, meaning hadar's grasp and potentially harrowstorm/gates of hell (if HB spec). The current 5v5 premade meta seems to be all about CC and rotating nodes as it becomes very difficult to clear players, especially when they have immortal pocket DCs.

Tl;dr: not sure I'd want a SW in a 5v5 premade over a GF, TR, CW, DC, Trapper HR, or OP.