test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Prism & Burning Guidance or Purifying Fire & Endless Consumption?

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Right now I have Purifying Fire and Endless Consumption, but I was wondering if Prism and Burning Guidance might be a better choice. I'm not sure if with the new changes if Lifesteal procs Prism and Burning Guidance; if it does, I should go that route (along with Rousing Warmth). If it doesn't, I'd prolly stay with Purifying Fire and Endless Consumption.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Fat E

Comments

• Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

Right now I have Purifying Fire and Endless Consumption, but I was wondering if Prism and Burning Guidance might be a better choice. I'm not sure if with the new changes if Lifesteal procs Prism and Burning Guidance; if it does, I should go that route (along with Rousing Warmth). If it doesn't, I'd prolly stay with Purifying Fire and Endless Consumption.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Fat E

When I used Purifying fire, it did only about 2% of total dmg. So I think, Prism + Burning guidance (and + Healing warmth) would be better choice, even for protection pally.

Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

rubytrue said:

Thoughts?

Thanks

Fat E

When I used Purifying fire, it did only about 2% of total dmg. So I think, Prism + Burning guidance (and + Healing warmth) would be better choice, even for protection pally.

I was curious how much damage Burning Guidance does now since it has an internal cooldown. I'm also curious about the "real" damage output on Purifying Fire--does the weapon damage bonus really double each time you use an at-will (i.e. 160% weapon damage on the 5th hit?)

I'm looking at a high lifesteal build (that's why I have Endless Consumption rather than Burning Guidance now) so I am seeking out different ways to feed that lifesteal.

Does lifesteal proc Burning Guidance and Rousing Warmth? If it does, then that is the way to go.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    My healadin does 15 - 20 % dmg by Burning Guidance. Dont know, if lifesteal proc Burning Guidance and Rousing Warmth, but assume it does not.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    About Purifying Fire: it only procs 5 times total as the tooltip indicates. That means that after it has procced 5 times it wont proc again on affected enemies until you use an encounter or the 60 sec timer runs out. It does work as the tooltip indicates, but total damage for all 5 procs is not much. Its about the same as an encounter
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I am a 2.8k Healadin and I think Burning Guidance still does a lot of damage (for Devotion at least). I ran Kessels the other day with a very weak group and did 26m damage. Second place was a PvP build GWF who only did 14 million.
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    What's the cooldown on Rousing Warmth and Healing Warmth? 1 second like Burning Guidance?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

What's the cooldown on Rousing Warmth and Healing Warmth? 1 second like Burning Guidance?

Chance to proc Burnig Guidance and Healing Warmth are now after patch the same, according to Advanced combat tracker. Hope it is intended.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User

Chance to proc Burnig Guidance and Healing Warmth are now after patch the same, according to Advanced combat tracker. Hope it is intended.
    On 10.5 the Burning Guidance ICD was changed or still can proc once per second? What about Mod 10 on consoles and Rousing/Healing Warmth? I haven't tested Rousing yet as I read it's not worth it due to cooldown so I took Winter's Bounty. I have only 2 boons from SKT but I'd go for Healing Warmth anyway. Is the Rousing Warmth better than Winter's Bounty?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

On 10.5 the Burning Guidance ICD was changed or still can proc once per second? What about Mod 10 on consoles and Rousing/Healing Warmth? I haven't tested Rousing yet as I read it's not worth it due to cooldown so I took Winter's Bounty. I have only 2 boons from SKT but I'd go for Healing Warmth anyway. Is the Rousing Warmth better than Winter's Bounty?
    I think Rousing Warmth is better, but still with a little use for healadin, as all remaining final boons from IWD. Burning Guidance was not changed, chance for Healing Warmth was increased to same level, so it has meaning now.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I ran ELoL on ps4 and just played the role of healer just to see what my burning guidance would do and I did 8 mil in the end, we don't have the things pc people do so this is our only way to tell somethings damage. I could see a protection pally benefitint from it. I actually plan to take it on my protection pally I am making. I love pallys so much I decided to have 1 of each.