test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gift of Haste

devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
Hey again all,

I've googled and searched and everything else I could think of for some sort of discussion on Gift of Haste feat, but it's all either old (pre nerf) or quite vague. Nevertheless, I thought I'd ask the experts on their knowledge regarding this feat. As I'm on PS4, I find it very difficult to test myself (I've tried with some buddies in the SH but essentially my only feedback is "it's noticeable"

Sooo, are the following beliefs correct:

1) GoH provides 1% AP gain per second for 5 seconds when someone is hit with a heal over time.
2) GoH cannot be stacked (by a single DC), even if you hit a friend with multiple sources of HoTs.

I'm assuming this is common knowledge for most people here, but just wanted to confirm this (I'm pretty confident on belief #1 but am hoping i'm wrong on #2).

Thanks all.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    1. I think 1 is correct (you gain 1% of your total AP per second over a duration of 5 seconds). I know it works off of Healing Word and I think Bastion, although there might be some nitpicks as to what counts as a "heal over time" for Gift. I personally never ran Gift though.
    2. I think that is also correct, although I heard that multiple DCs can stack multiple Gifts.

Yo, @michela123, DC master and debuff queen, what sayeth thou?
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Yep. I think you got both #1 and #2 right above.

It triggers on a bunch of HoTs, including the virt capstone (Shield of the Divine or something?) as well as a handful of other HoTs. It's pretty easy to have 100% uptime if you are virt, and allegedly possible too even if you are faith.

I haven't personally tested whether multiple DCs can stack multiple gifts (it's not toooo often that you have 2 DCs with GoH in a party). I am, however, pretty certain that you cannot stack it yourself. That said, with 100% uptime it can provide a solid chunk of AP, and with DG and Bastion allows you to top up the whole party out of combat (say, before a boss fight or while waiting for tia)
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I've run some quick tests some months ago. The following is what I found, but it should be checked again.
    1) e 2) are correct: I didn't test GoF with 2+ DCs.
    As far as I remember, if you hit someone with another HoT power, GoH doesn't stack, but the timer is reset and the latest HoT power applies. Be aware that the amount of AP gain is not the same for every power.
    The amount of AP is influenced by the AP gain stats: the more you or an ally have, the better.
    I tested the amount of AP received with and without the virtuous capstone and it was the same: that was an important fact and that's why I moved rigtheous.
    About your own AP gain: If you have enough % AP gain and the right build, you can stack AP with many powers, not only HoT.
    As an example, currently I've ~96% as base AP gain: 1 DG, 3X divintiy CL, 1 BtS and I'm full without the holy burning set and without the snail. Even astral shield is a decent source of AP (for me). That gives you many options to arrange your powers depending on your team composition.
    Unfortunately after the Sea of moving ice release, some powers and feats are broken: I'm waiting for the next patch...

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses guys (even if the answer is a tad disappointing). Even at 100% uptime, 1% AP gain per second is pretty lackluster. Still, it's better than nothing I suppose.

To further my line of thought here. Since I've read that the feat "bear your sins" is essentially useless, I was debating (as a "pure" buff/debuffer, dropping both fire of the gods and bear your sins and using those 10 points elsewhere (including of course, gift of haste).

I'm currently running Jarek's build (more or less anyway). Looking at:

Replacing Bear Your Sins with Astral Fury (10% dmg boost is better than nothing I suppose)
    Dropping FoTG for Gift of Haste

I'd assume this would make me a better buffer, but i'm not sure if overall the gain from gift of haste (to the group) would offset the loss of my dps (it's surprisingly good!). As the only thing I have typically equipped is DG that could trigger GoH, this may be a waste.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    Imo you should do some tests on the preview server.
    With SKT-FBI I decided to have more AP generation with GoH loosing some points on Fotg: currently I've 4/5 GoH, 1/5 Fotg which is clearly a compromise, but It works well with my equipment, build and playstyle.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Imo you should do some tests on the preview server.

With SKT-FBI I decided to have more AP generation with GoH loosing some points on Fotg: currently I've 4/5 GoH, 1/5 Fotg which is clearly a compromise, but It works well with my equipment, build and playstyle.

Afraid I'm a PS4 player here, so no preview server or ACT testing here. All empirical and/or annoying you folks :smile:

You are probably right in the 4/5GoH and 1/5 FotG. Jarek mentions that same feat distribution in one of his alternative builds. I'm just wondering if its the "better" choice. It currently seems wasteful to put the 5 points into bear your sins based on the information posted here and on reddit. If it's true that BYS is doing nothing, then it just frees up 5-10 points to put elsewhere (though 5 of those have to stay in an early righteous feat to get the capstone).

So essentially, I think I'll be moving the points from BYS to astral fury regardless. But then I'm just not sure whether it would be better to leave the 5 points in FotG, or moving some/all of them too GoH.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    You can stack Gift of Haste if you are Virtuous, I tested it with @erosennin92 some months ago. The Gift of Haste procced by the capstone Agent of the Divine stacks with the one procced by other heals over time. The reason is that Agent of the Divine is considered triggered by your ally, infact in this case Gift of Haste gives AP based on your ally’s Recovery and not yours.