test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best way to get the most out of Siege of Neverwinter event?

As far as I can tell, the best approach seems to be:

- quest from master of coin in stronghold every 18 hours to recruit guards and thus get 5 def packages
- profession to craft a package every 5 - 6 hours
- grind some battlefield HEs but really any packages or writs from that are a pleasant surprise; once you get enough coin to get a Cart for your defense packages profession, maybe spend on some lesser enchants to hock them for AD after the event's been over for a while

I only play a couple times a day and about 3 - 4 hours total, so I think this sets me up to make a medium-sized donation in Protector's Enclave about once a day / once every other day. Which probably gives me of whatever that currency is from donating packages, to save up for a battlefield medic.

How are you guys playing it, if you're doing anything with it at all?

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Last time Siege was on PC...

Siege dropped a lot of Stronghold vouchers. Blue quality. Against enemies which drop in a hit or two. And the vouchers drop vouchers of all the junk that's needed, ie, ToD stuff, Gems, Icewind Dale stuff, etc.

Even considering its nerfed drop-rate.

So if you want to progress on your Stronghold, the Siege is a good time.

• Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed that right away rjc2000 - I don't think I've ever had that many vouchers at once and I've been playing this game now for like around 3 months. I appreciate that they timed this event with 2x guild marks this weekend, will help me towards getting some dragonflight armor if I can play enough...
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Hammer the speed up button for professions when I've got diamond to do so after purchasing a 200 upgraded wheelbarrow

Tend to favor the one that utilizes med packs as it only costs gold & I have no shortage of that lol....think it gives 4, too.

Maybe 3?
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    1. Never turn in less than the max supplies.
    2. Turn in all supplies before event ends.

The vendor may stay, but the supply turn in leaves immediately when event ends.
  • Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I've been grinding out the HEs purely for the chance at more DS drops, and that Epic Cart.
    I'm hoping to be able to get the Neverwintan Defender Pack for the Medals of Heroism, and the Rare Mount from the vendor. Provided I can get back on, but that's another topic...

Is the Neverember Guard Archer any good? Might consider getting that.
  • Options
    andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Does anyone know an issue with buying writs from the zen store (like it says in the tutorial)? I looked at every category of the store and don't see it. I am going to need one maybe two to buy the artifact for my paladin just because i missed a few hours and it had the daily reset.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have seen a fair number of defense supplies drop from the HE's plus they spawn at a decent rate so I run around out there for an hour or two each day for the vouchers and dragon hoard coins. I didn't really see anything for sale in the event that I really want or need but the game play is good, there seems to be 6 variants of the HE's. I don't recall this one dropping vouchers for us last time, maybe we (XBOX) had it pre-strongholds???

Has anyone noticed the Writ's say they are for sale in ZM but they are not, although you can still buy a Walter if you want...maybe today's patch fixed that.

I wish the mount for sale from Writ's was purple :)
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    yiazzy said:

Is the Neverember Guard Archer any good? Might consider getting that.

I got one last time, it's better than no companion, mine however has been chewing up an idle slot for most of his career.

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options

Does anyone know an issue with buying writs from the zen store (like it says in the tutorial)? I looked at every category of the store and don't see it. I am going to need one maybe two to buy the artifact for my paladin just because i missed a few hours and it had the daily reset.

In the past, I believe it was added to store in second week of event. Check Thursday.
  • Options
    thelindgren#6683 thelindgren Member Posts: 4 New User
    I just started playing and im trying to learn the lingo. What exactly is a writ?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I just started playing and im trying to learn the lingo. What exactly is a writ?

Writ of Commendation: a currency earned and spent in the Siege of Neverwinter event. You can earn one a day by doing quests. Top prize requires 14, so if you miss a day or two and want it, you need to get the missing ones from Zen store or the Battlefield Scavenger's pack.
  • Options
    posineg#7890 posineg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Im just prepping myself for when I get my 7 Medals after grinding for 6 days, purchase the Med pack for the medic... and getting 2 peridots (Salty). Why should this pack be the most expensive and the poorest payout?

Has anyone mapped the actual chances on getting a medic?
  • Options
    I received junk as well, was hoping for at least an archer if it "flopped" lol.

Instead I get what my mount with Wanderers Boon generates by the boatload. (Still find it cool I get so many drops with its 4% rate)

Side question...those overload dragon enchantments...can you recharge them & if so, how?
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    To my knowledge those overloads work like any other overloads - timer runs out, enchantment is done.

Also, if you're not liking the chances of decent drops, there's still enough time in the event that flipping the defense supplies for AD. Not gonna speculate on how much one could make since markets fluctuate and all that...

...but I guarantee you that for at least the next couple days, doing the 'Send aid to neverwinter' quest from master of coin in your guild stronghold, for like 2 minutes, and then flipping the 5 supplies you get on the AH, will pretty likely bring you just as much or more AD in those couple minutes of running around than in the typical 30 - 60 minutes of grinding some of insert-fave-dungeons-to-get-rings-to-salvage-here.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    As an event it works well, nice balance between effort and reward and the way its been structured with other events is good.
    As far as rewards go, I got the archer... she's ok if nothing special, the horn needs a new category called "VERY Temporary Hitpoints" and I was chuffed when my first reward box had the epic "Battlefield Healer".
    "Just what my new super squishy HR needs" thinks I...
    Should change his name to "Battlefield Observer"
    Got him levelled up, but the +6 incoming healing bonus is only useful if the bugger ever bothers to actually HEAL you. Got smeared several times with the dithering old HAMSTER standing there doing nothing. I think he procced Companion's Gift like three times in an hour and half of testing. So he's slotted for his bonus, but he'll never see the light of day again.
    (Archer procs CG like a superstar.)
    Running all my toons through dailies for the horse, cos the Insignia Bonus is worth it alone.
    Spending DC insignia on QM enchants. need 40 to refine 5 to rank 8. That's a slow back burner project that will pay off long term.

On the whole this has been one of my favourite events. Mainly cos its entirely up to you how much you want to get involved, and everything outside of the Battlefield isn't dropping HAMSTER that you don't care about, if you don't want to run it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I actually got two peridots from it. Insert sad face, rng dislikes me!

Oh, there was supposed to be a quote that was relevant to. (Posineg#7890)
  • Options
    Me too the second time around....giving it one more shot & then if there's a strike 3 (I'll take anything other than peridots,lol)....

If it's junk again I'm going to take Spoomeisters advice & start flipping them for AD at the trade house. Between my Alts running professions & sharing the supplies with my primary & the guild quest thing I can get more than 12 a day if I bother doing the work/log in two step.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Defence supplies are not bound so I've been running the SH task on all 7 characters and transferring them all to 1 character. This is giving me 35 supplies per day. I get around 2-4 from the first couple of HE's so most days I'm able to buy one defenders pack.

I've had one battlefield medic drop but the rest has been junk. On the upside I'm also getting lots of insignias this way. I've bought one horn and two survivors costume packs so far. I'm saving the writs for the artifact for my GF though I'm not sure on it's stats yet, it may end up as a free feeder.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Yeah, not being able to see the rest of the Banner stats at higher ranks is the other reason I'm going "horse".
  • Options
    Can't you see the upper ranks stats in the Collection page?
  • Options
    Yes, my mistake. I looked under the event collection and forgot about "Banners of the Battlefield"
    The debuff power is pretty good, but unless you are going to use it as a primary, I don't think the Equip only bonuses make it that useful till its at least gold. Though I'd certainly appreciate anyone in my group using one as their primary.
    If I were playing a new GF I'd probably have it, but I still think the mount is a cheap way to get Champions Return insignia bonus so might still go with that.