test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questdesign in new module

gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
As 4k def GF with low DPS, that never get an refinment stone or enchantment in group dropped, im used to sorrow in nwo. With the new quests i was really surprised that cryptic gave us some "dps checks".

About an hour (till server maintance) I tried to kill 10 ice trolls. First my dps is way to low to just kill them, before they explode. So I tried to stun them. Since I dont have any AoE-skills on my build I tried it with Griffon's Wrath. But the game likes it to automaticially aim to another enemy and so the nice little runetroll still explodes.

Fine, trie it with an DPS that makes enough damage. Nope, the game (like on orcus where I never got the "kill him x times" achievment) does not notice I hit the troll to because I do not enough damage. That means too, if I try to kill a troll and some random dps takes that chance to hit him too from distance, I dont get the kill and just helped that random to get his kill without taking damage.

Got to 7/10 in that hour.

Of couse cryptic would never make an HP check, right? All low live DPS chars would rage. Well, I dont rage. Im disappointed...again. The farming has'nt even startet and I want to play PoE again since I did it on last module. Why spend my time with that waste of time, I though on FBI before. ^^

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Not much better on a DC really.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I might be wrong here but I had some trouble getting this done too but for me it was not giving me credit when i killed them with no body around. I think you have so much time to get the killing blow in before it explodes. I have killed them as the red circle appeared and no credit and others with it appearing and got credit. I think that part was due to lag. Everytime i got one killed before the red circle appeared I recieved credit. Also if anyone came along and 'helped out' I still recieved credit as long as that red circle did not appear.

This is just what I noticed and I could be way off base on how it works. I am still wearing my drowcraft armor with mostly r7 and honestly asked in chat if these guys are supposed to be a gear check or is it my lag :)
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    Ok I have to admit...I get angry now.

These hitboxes....I want to stun the rune troll and ALWAYS it hits the big troll when he is in sight. I have to kill the other trolls first (takes much time) or somehow get the big troll out of the way.

No lag after maintance. Its just...what do you say boo?....Hamster...right, you cute little thing :)