What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ninja Nerf to Plant Growth on Preview?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    @asterdahl there is also a bug affecting the ranged version, Cordon. Mobs aren't taking damage from Cordon immediately. They can walk right through the green circle and sometimes avoid the damage completely, while the green circle doesn't vanish upon contact with a mob.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

asterdahl said:

hawkend said:

Ok, I found a problem. Probably it's a bug.

I can confirm this is in fact a bug, we were tracking the issue internally as of yesterday and are hoping to have a fix in the near future. I can't give an exact estimate as we are currently uncertain of the origin of the issue as no changes were made to the power directly.

Rest assured this was not a ninja nerf. Additionally, I'd like to apologize to the inconvenience for those who are affected by this issue.
    So, are we going back to being melted on PvP thanks to over performing mechanics as happens since mod4? Don't get it, TBH. You should stop trying to make this game "easy" and start making this game a real MMO again, a lot of us are missing Mod2's days.
    Don´t you ever get tired of you biased never ending postings, you must have A LOT of free time that is for sure one might thing you play Gwf as main *rolls eyes ...
  • Options
    sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Why were people even whining about this? HR is clearly extremely overpowered and has been since mod 10.. stop crying.
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls

• Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Tried to find a problem on a few methods but any of them hadn't allow to trigger Plant Growth 4 times.

Observations:
    1. If any other passive damage trigger before Plant Growth start then Owlbear damage won't trigger.
    (Such like Feytouched DoT, Dread DoT, Seeker DoT).
    2. If passive damage trigger before Plant Growth then sometimes it's trigger this encounter 3 times instead of 2.
    One more thing to point 2: this passive damage probably can't be a DoT. Try with elol set or Aranea.
    3. Tray icon on affected target by this power doesn't disappear to the time where a condition of breaking 500% weapon damage won't trigger, also visual effect of root disappeared much time ago.
    4. If any passive damage won't start before Plant Growth launch then this power should proc only 2 times.

Like for me fixing Owlbear active bonus messed up something in this power.
    Post edited by hawkend on
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Not necessarily; the fix to TC for SWs is about 40% of their DPS. As I said, devs pulled their Nerf guns and started shooting everyone.

They wont touch the GWF cause its the most played class by players and devs :(

GWF have to get stacks 1st, fill determination bar means waiting much longer than HR to pull his hardest hitting IBS. Beside that when I started playing GWF there was only few because we were hitting like wet noodle, then compare this to fotm old HRs after release...
    Ehm, HR where FotM in pvp maybe. But at that time 4-5 CW parties in PVE were far more common....
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    5 weeks later and no update? @asterdahl @terramak
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    It seems to work fine unless you use as first attack from what I can tell. Workaround..do not then use it first attack.