test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3,5-4k gs does it make sense?

Hello
I play for this game few months, my primary char is GF BUFF/TANK. Now i have 144k Hp and 77% DR and 3k gs. But what next? I know 144k HP is not to much, in enclave i see GF's with 200k HP, i dont have legendary mount or enhancement r12 etc. I have few things which I can change or gain. But why? It's unnecessary, a lot of ppl have 2-3 primary characters and his GF have only 2-2,5k gs and its enough.
My friend have GF mix DPS-Tank and they dont have problems tanking BOSS like orcus. Or i see a lot of ppl 2,5k gs "random" artifacts/pets and they too dont have problems.
So what do you think developing GF for 4k gs it make sens? You dont need 200k HP, 12k recovery or 80% DR for successful tanking/buffing.
Now i have a problem because i like play GF but i think better stats like 200k HP etc. dont make huge difference.
Otherwise it looks on DPS class 3k or 4k most cases a big difference.
What do you think? Why you still developing GF +3k? it's make sens or its wasting AD? Or maybe im wrong and Its a big difference between GF BUFF/TANK 3k and 4k?

I ask about that because i dont know what next, invest more AD on GF or start play a new char?

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Hello
    I play for this game few months, my primary char is GF BUFF/TANK. Now i have 144k Hp and 77% DR and 3k gs. But what next? I know 144k HP is not to much, in enclave i see GF's with 200k HP, i dont have legendary mount or enhancement r12 etc. I have few things which I can change or gain. But why? It's unnecessary, a lot of ppl have 2-3 primary characters and his GF have only 2-2,5k gs and its enough.
    My friend have GF mix DPS-Tank and they dont have problems tanking BOSS like orcus. Or i see a lot of ppl 2,5k gs "random" artifacts/pets and they too dont have problems.
    So what do you think developing GF for 4k gs it make sens? You dont need 200k HP, 12k recovery or 80% DR for successful tanking/buffing.
    Now i have a problem because i like play GF but i think better stats like 200k HP etc. dont make huge difference.
    Otherwise it looks on DPS class 3k or 4k most cases a big difference.
    What do you think? Why you still developing GF +3k? it's make sens or its wasting AD? Or maybe im wrong and Its a big difference between GF BUFF/TANK 3k and 4k?

I ask about that because i dont know what next, invest more AD on GF or start play a new char?

Gearscore is irrelevant except when trying to enter a dungeon/raid. Otherwise, your analysis is spot on on gearing up a GF.

140K HP is more than fine in my opinion, although maybe I'm happy with 120K HP because I have flashbacks to having only 85K when using Knight Captain.

You dont necessarily "need" 16K Recovery, 200K HP, 95% DR (typical ArmorPen is 15%, so 95-15=80) or any other stuff to make your tank more effective. It helps, but tanking relies on the player's knowledge as well as their internet. Buffing is the same way: you can't really buy too many extra buffs/debuffs and the best buffers know when/how to time their buffs and debuffs.

You *could* always create a new character (what class is up to you), but this also means grinding out Sharanderp or Tedium of the Dragons again. And the other problems of gearing up a new character, like sucking for a bit while trying to figure out how to use your new character...

• Options
    jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Yes you'r right and i know new character it means the same thing again, boring campaign's etc. But for me the only problem is AD. Now pet with bondings do huge difference in DPS class, unfortunately eq for pets is embarrassingly expensive. Bondings, Vopr/dread, artifact they are not cheap too, but maybe it's a better option, slowly build new character than "waist" more AD for GF.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It's personal preference really. Some want to feel they are making progress, how ever slowly it goes. For most content in NW you will be fine at 2.5k IL for any class or any role but you will struggle some as a tank at Orcus and Demogorgon while FBI is out of reach until you get past the insane gating. I reached 3k IL on my GF during the last double refinement event but there are still some aspects I am not completely happy with and can make improvements here or there so I will keep working on him until I feel comfortable. Progress on my 2 HRs have come to a halt at 3.3k IL and I cannot improve much more there barring upgrading my enchants to R12 which is a schlep in itself.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Just depends on if you are satisfied with your current role in the party.

Most GF's (that I know) that have made an investment to 4kish... have either made a switch to Conqueror.. because they wanted to do more personal DPS... and still have the gear to maintain their survivalbility while doing it....

Those who have stayed mostly defensive minded... have just rounded out their stats... gaining additional deflection, life steal, hit points.. etc... Their goal to go from able to survive to being very hard to kill...

Lots of people... have a focused mindset on what a GF should be.... I have certainly heard this statement... "If I wanted to do damage... I would be DPS... I'm a Tank... DPS is someone else's role in the party".

I personally see this as a close minded statement... since 95% of the content in NW is trivial for 2.5k+ players. Most tanks don't need to worry about surviving... so why not speed up the run by doing significant DPS yourself. Again... this is my mindset.

This is also the reason to have Alts... if you are 99% satisfied with a character.... then you can simply start to invest resources and time in another one... As I don't know about other folks... but I like to have a bit of variety and the ability to fill multiple party roles using different characters.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion