test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is SKT worth it?

Seems like the voninblood and the relic-hunting aren't too well received, from me just poking around forums. Or maybe the forums are disproportionately representing that, because the people who like it, don't care either way or don't play it, don't post about that because why would they.

I've only just started in on it, but after doing about a dozen quests in it I'm wondering if the paths for boons from it will be worth it. Also there was something about possibly a set of 150 IL boots or something that might be in one of the drops from a weekly, or somesuch?

Comments

• Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I say do what most people do...try it and former your own opinion. The real question...would you really just not try something because someone somewhere said it is not worth HIS/HER time?
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    True that. Work at it and see if if works for your play style.
  • Options
    iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Relic hunting/maintaining might not be for everyone, its time consuming to farm HE's and new dungeon, we cant even tell if you would 100% get a piece of relic armor at the end chest. Gettting all the boons should be something you aim for at least.

Relic armor will end up at ilvl160 on mod10.5, you could skip it and wait for mod11(4-5months?) new armor sets if its too much of a hassle for you :)
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    The boots (2 different ones) from from the Heroic Encounters in Bryn Shander, having got both pairs plus spares in the first few days and empowering one pair I can honestly say for MYSELF I will not be bothering with any of the relic gear other than those boots which I will equip to get into the dungeon then remove, Its just too much grinding to be empowring them with 4000 voninblood from 0% to 100%, that on 4 peices, no thnx, plus none of it has armour pen which is annoying.

As for the armour that should be something you decide whether you are willing to maintain it or not.

There is nothing in the dungeon other than maybe the 1 ring (all drops are Bind on Pickup) that I would like so I will only run that a few times then go back to CN I guess.

The campaign and story I definitely am doing and would encourage everyone to do it.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    "Go try it yourself and see" is a very valid opinion, good point folks. There's just plenty of grinding elsewhere in the game, and I've already started to get a handle on how much of that would be needed to get my character to where I want to and what parts of the game are fun. Just seeing if anyone had encountered some fundamentally frustrating or just-not-worth-the-time parts.
    iccyasd said:

Relic hunting/maintaining might not be for everyone, its time consuming to farm HE's and new dungeon, we cant even tell if you would 100% get a piece of relic armor at the end chest. Gettting all the boons should be something you aim for at least.

Relic armor will end up at ilvl160 on mod10.5, you could skip it and wait for mod11(4-5months?) new armor sets if its too much of a hassle for you :)

Thanks for the tip on the relic armor, something to think about. Working toward the boons sounds good. I've barely progressed in the other giant-snowy-landscape campaign, so I'll probably split my time between these for a while and take a break from grinding Dread Ring / ToD / Sharandar.

• Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    In all honesty make the campaigns which require daily progression your priority, I did dread ring in 1 day as genie gifts work well there same with some other areas, icewind dale/bryn shander/maze engine require daily reputation/tasks which can not be obtained any other way.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    iccyasd said:

we cant even tell if you would 100% get a piece of relic armor at the end chest

It's already known that relic gear does not drop 100% at a time. Fangbreaker island will offer a double rng mechanism. First off you need to be lucky to drop a bag that contains a random piece of relic gear and then you need even more luck to get one piece you do not already have.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    which makes it rng multiplied by rng - nice...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    moogie101#4741 moogie101 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I don't mind it. Having got all the others already its nice to have a new set of Boons to work towards & three new areas which is always good. Some of the new missions are ok, but others are just terrible so at the stage already where I don't bother picking them up.

As for the new armour not interested in grinding to level it & then continuing to grind to keep it at its highest level. I'm happy with my Elemental DragonFlight so I'll get enough to give me the Frost resistance to get into Fangbreaker & then switch back to original gear afterwards.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    iccyasd said:

On about 20x runs now, no gear. :3
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I was skeptical of the grind based on all the feedback. I have found that if I have a trowel with me, and stop at all the relic sights I run across while doing dailies I have an adequate supply of voinblood coming in for the campaign tasks and what not. I did a little HE farming too but not more than about two hours. So I find the grind to be tolerable right now. At least the grind is spread across three zones and new mobs, saves me from heading back to Sharandar...for the 12,000th time!

There is a ring in the third zone from a quest that has frost resist so that will help hit the 28% frost resist. I am not sure the dungeon is worth grinding at the moment but it sounds like a nice challenging run from what I am hearing.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Anybody know when Xbox gets mod 10.5 update? I thought it went live today? OR was that for pc
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

I was skeptical of the grind based on all the feedback. I have found that if I have a trowel with me, and stop at all the relic sights I run across while doing dailies I have an adequate supply of voinblood coming in for the campaign tasks and what not. I did a little HE farming too but not more than about two hours. So I find the grind to be tolerable right now. At least the grind is spread across three zones and new mobs, saves me from heading back to Sharandar...for the 12,000th time!

There is a ring in the third zone from a quest that has frost resist so that will help hit the 28% frost resist. I am not sure the dungeon is worth grinding at the moment but it sounds like a nice challenging run from what I am hearing.

The loot is alright, but the gear drop rate stinks. :p
  • Options
    I would expect Mod 10B to hit X1 sometime January @mrroofer#2455 but I have no real knowledge aside from past update patterns.
  • Options
    mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Ok thanks for the info