test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much crit is 'enough' crit?

Um, that's it, that's my question, that's my post.

I run a CW but the question applies in general. Would be curious to know if you find the amount of crit you like varies by class, and how.

Comments

• Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    On my SW build I am aiming for a min of 60-70% crit chance and a severity of just over 100 to 120 ish.

I know a good CW and he also aims for about 60% crit chance

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    I'm getting to 100% crit chance (which in some weird formula doesn't guarantee a critical hit!!!..that's like flipping a quarter with heads on both sides and not be guaranteed heads!), but that's only 2/3 of the time while in combat (due to companions gift) my out of combat stat is around 70%
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Funny that nobody in here puts in an actual number on the character sheet where it says CRITICAL STRIKE. So i'd say having 17,000 should be good enough.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

My toon when buffed by bondings.

My toon without bonding buffs.

It should give you some idea of what to aim for if anything.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    100% is enough :) I shoot for about 16-18K buffed.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    missdayum said:

Funny that nobody in here puts in an actual number on the character sheet where it says CRITICAL STRIKE. So i'd say having 17,000 should be good enough.

because people can have the same number but a different % chance.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

missdayum said:

because people can have the same number but a different % chance.
    And different classes have different ways of getting critical chance. I'm at 3682 critical strike unbuffed and have 36.2% crit chance which is a good point for a support class.